Thai Music we love

Yinn

Old popular Thai regae 

i put two way. I think you will want to listen again. And again!

And the word so can sing together.

and English, so you understand.

enjoy!

Doo doo doo doo tur tum tummai teung tum gup chun dai doo doo doo doo tur tum tummai teung tum gup chun dai
Look look look what you’ve done, how could you do this to me? Look look look what you’ve done, how could you do this to me?

Rao ruk gun chaup gun gor lai wun yoo yoo dee dee joo joo tur gor jahk bpai
We’ve loved and enjoyed each other for many days, but all the sudden you up and leave

Dtae kao kaung kreuang chai gor yung yoo dee dtae see dee bob marley lek lup hai bpai
My appliances are still here okay, but my Bob Marley CDs have disappeared

Chun gep ngern sa som seu took choot tung paen mai paen sadoot tur gor ao bpai
I scrimped and saved my money, I bought every CD, both new and retired ones, but you took them

Ao kao kaung ngern taung chun ja mai wah dtae yah ao seua lai gun chah kaung chun bpai
You took my belongings and my money, but I don’t mind, but don’t take my marijuana T-shirt

Glup mah turt kon dee chun yung ror yoo krai ja suay krai ja roo chahng kao bpa rai
Come back, sweetheart, I’m still waiting, screw all the pretty and elegant girls

Chun mee jai duang diao tur gor roo roo tung roo wah ruk tur jon mot jai
I have only one heart, you know that, you know full well I love you with all of my heart

Hin gaun diao tee chun hai kong mai mee kah bproht jong gep wai turt nah yah tum lai
The one rock I gave you might be worthless, but please keep it, don’t destroy it

Dtae meua chun tur tur mee chun sen tahng soo fun kong ja mai glai
But when I have you, you have me, the path to our dreams isn’t so far

• Like 1

For lamyai fans, she has lots of concerts around Bangkok, attracts a lot of 'disgusted' comments but it's all good clean fun! She's on at Wat Bangbon this week better go and check it out just to see the band of course!

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

This one the big song from 2013. It start the new dance style!

3.2.1 with Baitoey

cant find the English sub, but have Spanish! 

They go around Thailand like this to show the dance.  Fun.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not really Thai music but definitely Thai dancing. Since I saw the video I use the BTS all the time - but I didn't see her until now. ????

Saw her in Suzy Wong's last night....

• Like 1

Takkedan Cholada from Korat, used to be a bus conductress in Bangkok. Lovely classic luktung song from her first 2006 album, she's changed her image and sound quite a bit since then. Very kind to fans, throws a good party!

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

Many thanks Yinn / Orton rd,  my all time favourite is (excuse the spelling etc) Sanya mer ci yang. Da da da dara da ....Reminds me of westside saloon in Hatyai from 1997 - 2002 when I lived there.

The band were excellent and still the same members playing there these days I think.

I actually heard it as a ringtone recently which I looked for but couldn't find.

Could you please find the video?

Many thanks.

Edited by james.d
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, james.d said:

Could you please find the video?

Many thanks.

Is that one correct?

Edited by Yinn

One of the singers we used to follow- Mangpor which means dragonfly, a lot of singers adopt another name. This is looking back to a style pleng ho or cowboy luktung, C&W still has a following in Thailand and there is a festival now every year. Has not done a lot since she went to R Siam.

• Like 1

Singing contests on Tv seem to have mushroomed over the past few years, companies like them because they are cheap to produce, unfortunately they often insist on sticking in sob stories to make them more appealing. There are some just for kids that offer scholarships as prizes, not always spent on education it seems. They often discover some amazing talents of course, many never to be heard of again. This girl Pa Phem about 4 years ago was one that did become a singer, Sunaree the judge is impressed. Another great singer from Supanburi.

Here she is grown up last year, just as good live

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Thanks 1

This one also popular song Mocca Garden. Everyone know it.

Old version.

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1

Good film about record collecting, recently emailed one of the shops featured about a disc, no reply, the less trendy ones in China Town are much better for service imo, some have been there over 50 years. I can't really get into records and some of the collectors are more like railway enthusiasts than real music fans, China Town is the place to go if interested. As with anything else condition is everything, some of the material in the film looks very poor stuff. Some serious money can be involved, went to an auction once years ago where Carabao's first album sold for 40k baht and some 45's can fetch 6k these days. Some collectors would pay just to look at the stock of Rabbit records below, thousands of mint discs left over from the 40's- 70's, none for sale though

DSCF9307.JPG

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Goodwill Jones said:

Wow Love the rhythm.

Obviously moralm played on the phin but could not say what style of morlam it is for certain as there are many and sound similar in a lot of cases.

Edited by Orton Rd

Concerts are held all over the place, seen them at the airport , morchit bus station and even the train station and Red Cross as well as all the usual places. Today a small OTOP promotion concert at central with Luktarn formerly with RSiam, as were many others! Lovely, lovely luktarn one of the few singers who can speak English well (and Korean) something to dream about......

P1020382.JPG

P1020385.JPG

P1020390.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This film is unique, "Satien Tamm Mue" who makes Thai country music celebrated his birthday at his former pub where he became famous. It was in the center of Sisaket and we became friends before he was the Superstar, how many Thais now call him. A real nice guy. It was his birthday party, just a little jam session where a lot of memories come back. The film is made by me and is not copyright protected! ..????‍♂️

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Concerts are held all over the place, seen them at the airport , morchit bus station and even the train station and Red Cross as well as all the usual places. Today a small OTOP promotion concert at central with Luktarn formerly with RSiam, as were many others! Lovely, lovely luktarn one of the few singers who can speak English well (and Korean) something to dream about......

P1020382.JPG

P1020385.JPG

P1020390.JPG

Khop Khun La Lai. 

On 7/18/2019 at 8:33 PM, Yinn said:

This one also popular song Mocca Garden. Everyone know it.

Old version.

Since this was released, without doubt the most popular song at any open air temple/fair morlam(cing) concert.

This is the song that gets EVERYONE dancing.

Edit;

Oh and some of the dirtiest dancing if not the filthiest is done by the on stage dancers. Fabulous.

It also unfortunately is one of those songs where the fighting kicks off.

Edited by thaiguzzi
  • Like 1