are Consulates open on the 17th July

19 minutes ago, allane said:

Very unlikely. They normally take all Thai holidays, and all holidays of the host country. A nice job, if you can get it !

Not really as my post above proves.

Embassies and consulates balance out the number of holidays between Thai and local holidays for where they are located.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not really as my post above proves.

Embassies and consulates balance out the number of holidays between Thai and local holidays for where they are located.

Additionally,

I can not speak for Thai consulates/embassies...  but Canada (and a number of other western embassies I know of)... it is the Ambassador to determine which holidays the Embassy (and associated consulates) are closed for (choosing which local and which home holidays will be chosen) ... and the total number of holidays allocated typically would be the same number as you would have if they were based in their home country.  Many chose to favour local holidays in their posted country with a few exceptions at most... since that is most convenient and produces the least confusion. 

Never assume that all embassies for the country are closed on the same days, check each embassy holidays regardless.