Russian woman arrested for allegedly using Thai nominee in business

webfact

Russian woman arrested for allegedly using Thai nominee in business

By The Nation

750x422_840507_1562916953.jpg

Picture: Bangkokbiznews

Immigration police have arrested a Russian businesswoman who has been in hiding for three years since a warrant on charges that include using Thai nominee to run a real estate firm in Pattaya.

Pol Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang, acting commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, said Natalia Nikiforova, was arrested in Tambon Na Klua of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district under a warrant issued by the Pattaya Court on June 29, 2016.

She was arrested at the Nesta Asia Group on charges of being an alien carrying out business prohibited to foreigners.

Sompong said Nikiforova used a Thai nominee as a front for her real estate business and did not pay tax. She instead remitted her income back to her motherland, thus affecting the Thai economy.

Sompong said Nikiforova has left the country and reentered with a new name and a new passport but the bureau’s bio-metric iris-scanning system identified her as the wanted person on the arrest warrant.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372876

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-12

RELATED: Natalia Nikiforova was arrested for working illegally in Phuket in 2013

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/630921-phuket-immigration-task-force-targetting-foreigners-nabs-russian/

1 hour ago, webfact said:

reentered with a new name and a new passport but the bureau’s bio-metric iris-scanning system identified her as the wanted person on the arrest warrant.

If she wore an eye patch she could've called 50/50 on that .. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

of being an alien carrying out business

Alien off to carry out some business ..

IMG_20190712_105632.jpg

16 hours ago, webfact said:

She was arrested at the Nesta Asia Group on charges of being an alien carrying out business prohibited to foreigners.

I see many Farang Real Estate agents in Pattaya?

Sompong said Nikiforova has left the country and reentered with a new name and a new passport but the bureau’s bio-metric iris-scanning system identified her as the wanted person on the arrest warrant.

That's cool; the b-ach was caught. This bio-metric system helps weed out the unscrupulous persons that should otherwise spend time in jail in their home countries. Obviously spending jail time in a western country is not desirable... and to think that a Thai jail is better ... well, that is insane.

" She instead remitted her income back to her motherland, thus affecting the Thai economy."

Blimey, what a dastardly and heinous crime, if she hadn't sent all her filthy lucre back to Moscow the Thai Baht could be at 20/USD or 25/GBP by now. She's obviously totally sabotaged the government and Bank of Thailand's carefully-laid plans to clean up society by getting rid of all the sweating foreigners spending more than two weeks a year in the country.

Was there any penalty for the Thai nominee?  I speak with some bitterness having fallen for the racist scam of buying a house through Thai nominees.  The unscrupulous Audit company promoted my unscrupulous ex-wife without my knowledge & stole a goodly chunk of my farang children's inheritance.

What are they arresting her for? Using a Nominee? That has got to be over 60% of foreigners doing business(buying properties) here. Got one more final property left to be sold. bought it with a Thai Nominee, as OPENLY advertised by the Thai company who sold it to me. I guess I'd really need to drop the price even further, so I can get the hell outta here! Folks running the show here have really lost their minds!

let me guess...connected person to the men in brown will take over the business for 0 baht

oh those pesky farangs and all the farangs with butter on their head working online blaming others, till they one day will also get caught and then the tears will come

21 hours ago, webfact said:

wonder who turn on her.... jealousy it's a problem, she took but didn't share

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Putting aside huge number of realestate shops owned and managed by foreigners , pretty much any business owned by foreigners using nominee one way or another 

Including all the wide spread "in company form" houses and condos bypassing the "in Thai quota" ….

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Was there any penalty for the Thai nominee?  I speak with some bitterness having fallen for the racist scam of buying a house through Thai nominees.  The unscrupulous Audit company promoted my unscrupulous ex-wife without my knowledge & stole a goodly chunk of my farang children's inheritance.

I might be in the same boat as you are. Can you shed some details on how they achieved this?

10 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I see many Farang Real Estate agents in Pattaya?

Those who last might have the right connections, they hire locals, they spend their profit in Thailand - on themselves and their connections and most likely pay some taxes - With other Words, they follow both the written and unwritten rules … :thumbsup: 

..foreigners have to trust and rely on Thais for most anything...

...that is why it is so easy for foreigners to be cheated by Thais....

...and the Thais can then rat on the foreigners at any time....

...iris scanner....???

...'my eye'....

...more likely....

...the ones holding all her assets found out she had returned...so they ratted on her again....

8 hours ago, david555 said:

Including all the wide spread "in company form" houses and condos bypassing the "in Thai quota" ….

Yes, but at least this are paying taxes locally, so money stays here

17 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

What are they arresting her for? Using a Nominee

Maybe you should try to read the article again ?  '

"Sompong said Nikiforova used a Thai nominee as a front for her real estate business and did not pay tax. She instead remitted her income back to her motherland"

And she was arrested already back in 2013, she asked for it this time. 

Another high profile case solved, well done BIB's....  Thais can sleep easier tonight knowing that the BIB's are on the case of these international crime figures.

And of course the usual BIB photo shoot circus of outstanding graphic arts and PowerPoint artifacts presentation board for the Thai media; the head BIB even has a mic in his hand going through the evil process flow in detail.

OMG this country continues to be just about perception and presentation with mostly very little substance behind it.

Uplift in tea money coming for this outstanding bust by theses BIB's. 

Archived