What Food Could You Never Eat?

most of the time I don't like river fish like plachon and the like as it is mushy and boney...but recently we were at a restaurant and my MiL crowded in closely to say 'you must have some of this as it is very nicely prepared' and it was, first in the wok whole with oil and spices and then crowned with various herbs and seasonings and steamed...and I said to her 'quite wonderful...'

and she said 'there is a tendency to generalise based upon first impressions and this can be misleading...one must always be open to new culinary sensations...' no matter that she is illiterate, she got her point across quite admirably...'and please refrain from grabbing my ass when I get up from the table...'

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2019 at 2:29 AM, rvaviator said:
On 7/13/2019 at 2:21 AM, Vacuum said:
The movie/book 'Alive' is a good example of this.

Or the rugby team in the plane crash landing in South America some years ago ..... you eat or you die ... very simple

The book "Alive" is based on the rugby team that crashed in South America. One member of the group would not eat human flesh and she died.????

On 7/13/2019 at 1:32 AM, Orton Rd said:

The correct term is lacto vegetarian I think, but I do eat one meat item, but never swallow ????

Clams?

I'm not fond of the smell of Pla Raa or Gapi (shrimp paste).  One thing I was forced to eat when I was a kid at school was Jello gelatine.  

Tuna mayonnaise sandwich. Once it gets within smelling distance I can feel every atom in my body being repulsed and my stomach starting to spasm, the smell is so utterly rancid, I literally wouldn't eat one for a billion dollars. 
tuna.jpg.461f3353f687bb4f865d3d09d01ea50c.jpg

Mayonnaise is disgusting, if heated...nauseating Yech..Retching.
I can eat a tundra sandwich made with olive oil and Dijon mustard but usually it is just a pool of stinking mayo goo. Go check any SUBWAY chain.