90 day reporting online not working for me

So I have a Non-O based on marriage visa extension.

For the past year-and-a-half since I got it I have never once been able to do the 90-day report online and it's driving me nuts. My wife literally has to take a day off of work or lose a whole day's worth of money and by time we drive to the Chiang Mai immigration office and walk in it literally takes 5 minutes or less to do the report.

Last time it took less than 3 minutes. I've tried doing it on my phone, on my wife's phone on her dad's. I've tried doing it on my laptop, my wife's laptop, her dad's desktop but nothing works. I've tried Firefox I've tried Internet Explorer, I've tried Microsoft's whatever the hell the new internet they have is and I've tried Chromecast and I've tried one other.

What is the problem. I've been in the system for almost 2 years now and every time I physically walk into the Chiang Mai office I never have a problem. Sometimes I hate that Thailand is so ass-backwards when it comes to technology. Anybody got any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, irwinfc said:

TVF folks can help you better if you could describe in detail what kind of issues you've been encountering with the online system. I have done two reports in a row and it's been perfect.

please could explain in DETAIL how to report perfectly  including all scenarios

ie browser  all caps/pop blocker/ad blocker/ etc etc   then 50 pct of us could also enter perfectly

• Sad 1

TVF folks can help you better if you could describe in detail what kind of issues you've been encountering with the online system. I have done two reports in a row and it's been perfect.
The problem is I fill out the first page and then the error pops up and says basically can't go any further you have to contact the immigration office in your local area the standardized message that pops up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not all offices accept post, not sure about CM, and it can and does get lost on the way back as I found out.

That's why they tell you to register the letter, then it's no big deal if it gets lost as you have proof of posting.

13 minutes ago, tstcman said:

The problem is I fill out the first page and then the error pops up and says basically can't go any further you have to contact the immigration office in your local area the standardized message that pops up.

whenever i see that error message, it's because i was filing the report too late which can only be done within 7 to 15 days from the 90th day of continuous stay. so i have done my past two reports exactly on day 83 of my stay.

14 minutes ago, tstcman said:

I thought about doing that but every time I use the Thai Postal Service I always seem to have bad luck. I've had quite a few things get lost in the post even when you pay the extra fee to have it tracked.

If you send it registered as Immigration demands, you won't have an issue with them if it is lost as you have proof of posting.

"I've had quite a few things get lost in the post even when you pay the extra fee to have it tracked".

If your items were registered or EMS and you reported them as missing Thailand Post would have started an investigation.  What was the outcome of all your missing post investigations?

I use Thailand Post a lot for normal and registered post and I've never had anything go missing in Thailand.  Canada Post has made one item disappear, though, once it got to them.

• Like 1

whenever i see that error message, it's because i was filing the report too late which can only be done within 7 to 15 days from the 90th day of continuous stay. so i have done my past two reports exactly on day 83 of my stay.
Well I tried it a different points from the 15th day all the way down to the 7th day over the past year-and-a-half and have always had the same error. Today is day 15 for me I'm supposed to report on the 27th.

It's easy to overlook a little check box. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the first screen to see one.

Choice of browser, extensions, etc doesn't seem to matter. Most people do ok.
Yeah that's not the problem I've scoured the page over and over I've had other people that have successfully done it scour the page over and over and it still fux me over

• Like 1

Sometimes I hate that Thailand is so ass-backwards when it comes to technology. Anybody got any suggestions?

You can't have it all! 

Some years back they ( The IO) told me that only Internet Explorer, at Windows 10 now replaced with Edge would work.

Their system was made so poorly that other browsers like Google Chrome, or Firefox just didn't work.

But it should be working by now. Why didn't you ask the IO to make a test email to themselves?

But perhaps you're trying it at the wrong time? it's not the same when you go in person, the two weeks before and one week after doesn't work then.

In order to process the address notification online the foreign applicant must submit their address within 15 days of the due date, and not less than 7 days before the due date. If the due date is less than 7 days away online reporting is not available and the applicant must report in person to the nearest immigration office.

In order to use the online reporting feature the applicant must use the same address information already on file with immigration. If the address changes online reporting may not be used. If an address is used that does not match what is on file then the online application will be issued a tag and the applicant will have to report to the nearest immigration office.

Please see: https://www.keyvisathailand.com/your-complete-guide-to-90-day-reporting-online-in-thailand/

There's a long thread pinned above on this topic, and some of the reasons people have difficulties using the online system include...

their office doesn't support it

they're outside (too early, too late) the online window -15/-7 days

their current passport has not been used for an int'l arrival - mismatch between TM6 and passport

website/browser issues

There may be other potential challenges, these are just the ones I recall. Personally I've had good luck with the online system, with ~ eleven successsful reports.

There is also a mobile interface, but chances are this won't work if the web-based reporting doesn't work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=en

Reporting by post/mail may be an option - supported at CW/Div. 1 although some offices may not support it, and a reporting can be done by a designated third-party.

• Like 2

G'day all. Arrived on an O-A multi entry May 2018, then went to live in the sticks in Phrae Province.

Went to local cop shop as advised on paperwork from embassy for 90 day reports. Got given paperwork and told to return in 90 days. Sweet as!

90 day report due; but no can do. Must go to Chiang Mai. In Chiang Mai advised everything is fixed now, can do online; but cannot, so, irrespective of what the missus or immigration in Chiang Mai say about, it's now all fixed......yes the report is fixed; but to do online? I don't think so.

Now we're up to the OP.

In order to do online, all your data must align. If you went to Chiang Mai because of the error message, and you live outside of Chiang Mai Province, you would have needed to get a current TM 30 to proceed. Showing immigration a booking, without ever checking in has been suffice for me in the past to overcome this, however that then becomes your registered address.

You are required to do your report at the local immigration office, where your address is registered.

In Phrae, that was Nan; as they look after Nan, Uttharadit & Phrae and trying to do it online using Phrae address, gave the error message, because of not being registered at Nan.

You therefore must register yourself at your residential address by being added to the tabbien baan or getting your own yellow one at the Amphur; then register at the local immigration office. Online reporting should then work for you. Alternatively, try doing it using the last Chiang Mai address. Then of course you are not legally registered if it does goes through though.

I moved back to Chiang Mai last November, got an apartment, went home for Christmas, went to Malaysia in April to get my second year and have never been near immigration since my original TM 30 advice on residency in November. My 90 day reports have been accepted and approved within hours and not reporting returning from OS on two occasions has not been questioned by any error message. In fact when doing the 90 day, all of my returning data is there on the screen.

Whilst lurking over many many years I came across a thread regarding reporting to the local cops because of no office in residential area. It was a saga but eventually sorted. Sadly I never could find that thread again.

Good luck to the OP in getting it sorted!

19 hours ago, tstcman said:

I am just wondering when you go into the immigration office next time if you can ask them to go to the website and try to enter your information if that will turn up why there is a glitch?

1 minute ago, wwest5829 said:

I am just wondering when you go into the immigration office next time if you can ask them to go to the website and try to enter your information if that will turn up why there is a glitch?

Immigration cannot access the database that the online reporting systems checks when page one is submitted. It only contains info about your last entry to the country.

The message means your record could not be found.

There is a big misconception about what info the system has access to. The pinned topic about online reporting has many discussions about it.

The local immigration office only comes in when the application is completed and it is sent to them for approval.

If the office does not accept them then the application will be shown pending for infinity.

20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why not save yourself the hassle and just post it?

Why on earth do you drag your poor, long suffering wife down to Immigration every 90 days? do you really need someone to hold your hand for this very simple exercise? And in Chiangmai as well!

I went there, (on my own), about two weeks ago. The Officer who gave me my number was very polite, (He has been for the past 14 years). The lady Immigration Officer was friendly, smiling and in my opinion, helpful.

Done and dusted in less than 10 minutes! All that without having my wife lead me by the hand and speak and act on my behalf. Try it next time - you could even pass the time of day with some other foreigners if you wanted to. I don't understand the big fuss you are making - we all know the on-line system doesn't work - so what? 

This isn't the west. Get used to it...….

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

i posted the same issue last week been trying for years now and nothing works previously they said we had to use InternetExplorer so i tried digging an old sony laptop out with this already installed but nothing just constant message back go to local immigration office ...

i can use the 24 hr reporting online easy and works every time you just need to use google chrome and have your translations settings right from thai to english and works 100 pct.. but won’t let u print page to put in passport so i always take a photo and keep on phone ..

now funny part obvious immigration guy at drive through window was having his period ... usually a nice lady at the window ... so i am sure he was looking to make money out of
me but nothing worked... first give him passport he checks last entry into thailand at phuket 17 jan 2019 it’s now 10 jul 2019 so his first stance to me was you are over you must pay big fine i just smile and say please check in back of passport he does and you can see he lost that argument ... second he doesn’t even ask he screams you not do 24 hr reporting i told him yes i did online and do you want a photo of it his face screws up and he screams at me i will check it online you have done....

2 minutes go past so i
am just sitting in my car walking at the window listening to radio he opens the window and throws my passport into the car and closes the window .... service hahaha he was the only one pissed off as couldn’t get any money out of me ....

but again online 90 days for
me doesn’t work and i will try again in 90 days and see again xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Here’s my check list. Works every time for me 

Use Google chrome

Fill in Nationality first

Use Dropdown where present

Upper case throughout

Only complete mandatory boxes

Do not check OneStop 

Use gmail address

21 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Sometimes I hate that Thailand is so ass-backwards when it comes to technology. Anybody got any suggestions?

You can't have it all! 

Some years back they ( The IO) told me that only Internet Explorer, at Windows 10 now replaced with Edge would work.

Their system was made so poorly that other browsers like Google Chrome, or Firefox just didn't work.

But it should be working by now. Why didn't you ask the IO to make a test email to themselves?

But perhaps you're trying it at the wrong time? it's not the same when you go in person, the two weeks before and one week after doesn't work then.

In order to process the address notification online the foreign applicant must submit their address within 15 days of the due date, and not less than 7 days before the due date. If the due date is less than 7 days away online reporting is not available and the applicant must report in person to the nearest immigration office.

In order to use the online reporting feature the applicant must use the same address information already on file with immigration. If the address changes online reporting may not be used. If an address is used that does not match what is on file then the online application will be issued a tag and the applicant will have to report to the nearest immigration office.

Please see: https://www.keyvisathailand.com/your-complete-guide-to-90-day-reporting-online-in-thailand/

IE was not replaced by Edge. I have that on good authority.

OP

I was putting my TM6 number in wrong. I was writing 00 the numbers, instead of OO the letters.

That was only one of many boxes I was getting wrong for similar fiddly reasons, and everything has to be perfect for you to continue and register the report.

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

IE was not replaced by Edge. I have that on good authority.

Info only, Windows 10 has Internet Explorer pre-installed.

Just type IE in the search box,then select it from the results menu

• Thanks 1

I did my 90 day online a few days ago. 

It was approved in an hour. I use “windows 7 pro, explorer 10” and I check for approval by my phone. 

You have to do it in 14 days before the due date, but do it sometime from day 1 to day 7 . Try to do it during business hours. Make sure the “pop up blocker” of your computer is off  for that immigration website. 

For me it also never worked online. 

But with the App (Mentioned by @mtls2005 ) I would do for the first time my online reporting 90 days.

I had the same problem, never could do the first page! Even after go out of Thailand and back again.

So I guess the Problem somehow is related to my computer settings... as with the App it worked perfectly and the approval was there after 4-5 hours.