In detention room in Suvarnabhumi. Don't know what's happening

Yep - I can well imagine getting into a kind of rigmarole in this situation whereby you are told to buy a ticket to depart, and upon doing so nobody gives a shit or listens to you, and the plane departs whilst you are still stuck in the cell. Costing you thousands of baht each time, bet they're having a good old laugh.

I'm sure the airport guards don't want to be dealing with you, and provided you signed nothing, it is essentially costing them money to keep you there. So I would be patient, if it's causing them a cost and extra work, they will want you out soon enough. Sounds the airline is being particularly unhelpful.

Edited by SteveK

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Come on - we are talking about Thailand. I think they'll do whatever they want.

Yes, it's Thailand. We should have advised the OP to better slip a large thai banknote or two to the big boss, then we would have had a shorter less dramatic thread.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Just now, lkv said:

Coincidentally, threads from months ago are being revived, all about denials. By "new members". So when anybody looks at the main page, sees denial, denial, denial.

Yes, it has all the elements of a TV drama. I am scared. What can I do. Will they abuse me in here....etc.

Nevertheless, I think we answered the abuse thing. The OP posted further, which proves that no abuse took place.

I wish the OP good luck and maybe time to close the thread?

Why close the thread?  Outcome is not yet known.

Hopefully OP on a plane to KL and maybe will update us.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The Chinese people have been told by the airline liaison that they have to pay for their ticket. What will happen if they don't??? The airline liaison has the job to put pressure on denied foreigners to come up with a cash solution. They don't always present ALL the real options to the foreigner.

Are you sure you spoke to someone from Royal Jordanian? Or did you speak to the airline liaison who is arranging your booking? The guys down there in the detention centre don't actually work for the airlines. They deal with denied foreigners like you and me and follow the tone set by the Immigration Officers there.

The guard knows nothing at all. Disregard the guard. Minimum wage worker.

There is little you can do. You are detained. I detailed your options earlier today. Pester the airline liaison and try to get somebody to intervene on your behalf.

And maybe the Chinese are in the detention centre for a reason not the same as your case. 

16 minutes ago, seasia said:

Why close the thread?  Outcome is not yet known.

Hopefully OP on a plane to KL and maybe will update us.

Because he/she received the advice he/she was looking for, which supposedly was the purpose of opening the thread.

For a complete review, including pics of passport, KL experience and so on, he/she can open up another one in a few days or a week's time, if he/she wishes to do so.

Edited by lkv
  • Sad 4

I did some research regarding the question who has to pay.

Thailand is a member of ICAO, so this applies to any flight involving Thailand, which sets some rules regarding this matter: https://www.un.org/sc/ctc/news/document/icao-best-practices-annex-9-chapter-5-inadmissible-persons-and-deportees/

5.10 When a person is found inadmissible and is returned to the aircraft operator for transport away from the territory of the State, the aircraft operator shall not be precluded from recovering from such person any transportation costs involved in his removal.

To me this sounds like airline has to transport the person back in any case, but they may try to recoup the money.

Then there is also IATA, which is some organization for airlines, so it depends on if the airline which brought the person to Thailand is a member.

It looks like the "IATA Ticketing Handbook" usually costs money, but you can find some pdf files on Google. The most relevant sections:

2.23.13.2 Procedures for Ticketing
(a) It is the responsibility of the final inbound carrier to take all necessary steps to ticket the inadmissible passenger.
(c) Where the passenger is in possession of a return ticket this ticket should be used, or the value of the remaining coupons should be used as payment towards a new ticket in the event the original ticket can not be used as originally issued.
(f) Where the inbound carrier is unable to collect the required fare from the inadmissible passenger, that carrier must nonetheless issue a ticket to cover the outbound carriage. The cost of such ticket shall be shared with all carriers who participated in the inbound carriage

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

^^^ Very happy you are safe, have a good journey home and spread the word, Thailand is no longer the land of smiles.

By the way, in the end the airline did not buy the ticket for me. They called the detention area 3 hours before boarding and said that I had to book my ticket myself. I asked why they said that the ticket has already been confirmed and why the airline said they would pay. She answered that 'I couldnt check if the ticket was available. Nonsense. Royal Jordanian F***** me over and made me wait 2,5 days in the detention room to avoid paying for the ticket. There were plenty of empty seats on the plane.

• Like 1

You say you were told you cannot enter any Asean country, how long do they say that is for? And how do they know what the other countries would do?

First thing I would do is get a new passport. Maybe that is the key seeing aa you travel alot. 

Also you said that this is the first time in 2019 you  tried to enter, and only for 9 days so I really don,t understand why you were refused in the first place.

Good luck Zhanna. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zhanna said:

By the way, in the end the airline did not buy the ticket for me. They called the detention area 3 hours before boarding and said that I had to book my ticket myself. I asked why they said that the ticket has already been confirmed and why the airline said they would pay. She answered that 'I couldnt check if the ticket was available. Nonsense. Royal Jordanian F***** me over and made me wait 2,5 days in the detention room to avoid paying for the ticket. There were plenty of empty seats on the plane.

Of course there were plenty of empty seats. I fly EVERY week. Never been on flight fully booked. You have had lot of support from members on TVF. Sheryl just one example. Time go home lick your wounds and plan better. My first post on topic but I have followed it. Could of been even worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lkv said:

@Zhanna So you had no exit ticket yes?

Before they put me in detention, Royal Jordanian said they will pay my ticket. And then in the evening of my first day, the called to the detention room and said 'your ticket has been CONFIRMED'. It was a lie. Because 3 hours before boarding they told me that no ticket for me has been paid or reserved and i had to do it myself.

4 minutes ago, Zhanna said:

Before they put me in detention, Royal Jordanian said they will pay my ticket. And then in the evening of my first day, the called to the detention room and said 'your ticket has been CONFIRMED'. It was a lie. Because 3 hours before boarding they told me that no ticket for me has been paid or reserved and i had to do it myself.

Ok, so you entered Suvarnabhumi without an exit ticket yes?

1 minute ago, lkv said:

Ok, so you entered Suvarnabhumi without an exit ticket yes?

No, i had exit ticket back to malaysia but it was after 9 days. I planned to stay 9 days in Thailand and then go back to malaysia. I also booked my hotel to show them paid confirmation on agoda. I lost that also. I did have return ticket upon entering and hotel booking

Edited by Zhanna
add info
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

You say you were told you cannot enter any Asean country, how long do they say that is for? And how do they know what the other countries would do?

First thing I would do is get a new passport. Maybe that is the key seeing aa you travel alot. 

Also you said that this is the first time in 2019 you  tried to enter, and only for 9 days so I really don,t understand why you were refused in the first place.

Good luck Zhanna. 

What the???  I agree with you.... Why cannot enter any Asian country. Yes that is rubbish. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What the???  I agree with you.... Why cannot enter any Asian country. Yes that is rubbish. 

They told me that they don't believe me that I am a tourist because I have so many stamps back to back. But it was not what the official reason was. The official reason was 'insufficient funds' which is not true! I told them that i can show them my bank statement or go withdraw from atm if someone can go with me. But they said it doesnt matter because 'we have already seen your history. I don't believe you are tourist here but visa on arrival is for travelling not for living in thailand. Cannot enter any ASEA country before I get a stamp from home country.

Here you have a nice story you can write an article about ThaiVisa / TheNation ...

Hope you are doing fine Zhanna, i would certainly not come back after that experience here personally ????

@DrJack54 ASEAN not Asia, it's prolly a bit like the EU. If a memberstate denies you entry it's prolly marked in some system and the other members will do the same...sucks

EDIT: This old post is mentioning the ASEAN Blacklist too: 

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Here you have a nice story you can write an article about ThaiVisa / TheNation ...

Hope you are doing fine Zhanna, i would certainly not come back after that experience here personally ????

@DrJack54 ASEAN not Asia, it's prolly a bit like the EU. If a memberstate denies you entry it's prolly marked in some system and the other members will do the same...sucks

EDIT: This old post is mentioning the ASEAN Blacklist too: 

Ok. 

1. She gets denied in Thailand on a whim. She states 1st trip in 2019

(Zhanna if you could give a run down of last 12 months movements) 

2. She moves around Asia. 

She is now blacklisted?

From all Asean countries?

Says who?

For how long?

What exactly has she done thats wrong? 

Also she had a return flight for 9 days later

Edited by bigginhill

13 minutes ago, lkv said:

On 7/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, Zhanna said:

Yesterday I flew from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok but Thailand refused me entry because they said I have had too many visas already. They gave me expulsion agreement to sign and put in the detention room. Yesterday the representative of the airline with which I flew here met me and told me that they will be transporting me back to Kuala Lumpur today. Later I spoke with them on the phone and they said the ticket was confirmed. But 'yesterday' arrived and today the reception of the detention room are telling me that the flight is tomorrow but they are not telling me what time. 

Look @Zhanna, it was a good try. It's just you forgot how many days you spent in detention.

First, you told us you arrived on 13th, then when other posters commented Royal Jordanian flies on the 12th, you changed the story.

I wish you the best of luck, but I will disregard everything that has been posted on this thread by you.

I strongly advise readers to do the same.

And I do wish to know also, how much they paid you for this story.

Who are you referring to when mentioning  how much was paid? I am so confused right now... 

Thailand doesn't like western tourists or expats now, could be because we criticize what they are doing on a daily basis on TVF

They don't want your money anymore tourist or otherwise

The infant mindset is taking over this country, hope you get yourself sorted and find somewhere more accepting to your money - Thailand it seems doesn't want it

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2019 at 1:00 PM, jackdd said:

They won't do anything to you, no panic.

seriously ? 

they have him in a lockup ….……………..for what ?

it is blatant abuse for very misguided reasons - this country is heading for an even greater gutter than existed before

The stupidity and abuse is astounding 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1