Lashana Lynch To Take Over James Bond's Iconic 007 Code Name

snoop1130

Lashana Lynch To Take Over James Bond's Iconic 007 Code Name

By Dominic Smithers

b927c1995d2a192638db4cdb3a2d81d8.png

For the past few years, fans and critics have been debating whether we will ever see a female James Bond.

Now according to reports, we could be a step closer to seeing just that as it's been claimed British actor Lashana Lynch is set to take over the spy's iconic code name, 007, in the forthcoming Bond 25.

Speaking to the Mail On Sunday, a film insider has revealed the 31-year-old will be introduced during a 'pivotal' scene - but fans of the franchise needn't worry, James Bond will still be there.

They said: "There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, 'Come in 007,' and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman.

Full Story: http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-lashana-lynch-to-take-over-james-bonds-iconic-code-name-20190714

• Sad 1

So many of the comments here seem to be about her becoming the new James Bond.  That's not what the article says (and it will likely never happen).  She may be the new "007", but that's just a number MI6 uses for their licence-to-kill spies.  From what I gather, in the the new film, James Bond has more or less retired from the business (or has intentionally taken himself off the grid), at least at the beginning of the film.  So naturally, a new "007" would have had to replace him in the service; why not a woman, why not a person of color, why not both?  That's the story for this particular film.

Now if they decided to replace "James Bond", as a character, altogether, in the future, I can see that as being problematic.  That would certainly change the franchise into something it was never intended to be.

p.s.:  the Doctor Who argument doesn't hold water, as by that character's very nature, Doctor Who could be portrayed by anybody.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I don´t know what´s so important with James Bond? Got tired after the 3 first. Same with Fast and Furious, after the 1st and  2nd.

The books are much better.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I dont know which is worse: a female 007 or a female Doctor Who.

Why not go the whole hog and make them both ladyboys?

I reckon that 50 years from now they'll likely be saying "Why aren't there more roles for men?" ????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Let's hope 007 Lashana Lynch is also Muslim and lesbian and then we have almost ticked all the boxes. Ian Fleming is turning in his grave.

Yoiu missed one, to complete the set she should be disabled as well.....and before I'm lambasted I am disabled.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, and Daniel Craig could play Mandela or Ghandi; and would be fantastic as Tom in a Uncle Tom's Cabin remake.  And only strait hetrosexuals should be allowed to play lesbians and homosexual men; and homosexuals should play all the straight roles. 

Let's take political correctness and affirmative discrimination (there's an oxymoron) to extremes!

Bond was a white Anglo-Saxon/Celt. That's how the books were written. 

Engineering things to pander to the racist bigoted politically correct should cease, IMO.

So what?! Do you really think that nowadays there’s no MI6 agents of color in real life? 

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, and Daniel Craig could play Mandela or Ghandi; and would be fantastic as Tom in a Uncle Tom's Cabin remake.  And only strait hetrosexuals should be allowed to play lesbians and homosexual men; and homosexuals should play all the straight roles. 

Let's take political correctness and affirmative discrimination (there's an oxymoron) to extremes!

Bond was a white Anglo-Saxon/Celt. That's how the books were written. 

Engineering things to pander to the racist bigoted politically correct should cease, IMO.

I agree 100%.  

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, 3MagicBeers said:

I think Idris Elba would make a fantastic new James Bond.

Is he Scottish/ Swiss, white?

Despite all the desires of liberals to rewrite history, can't change who someone is, and we know who James Bond is.

If it's desired to have a black person or a female person playing a womanising spy, create a new character with a different name, but stop ripping off beloved characters because rich people want to make more cash by exploiting people's loved memories.

As for the OP, it's on the same level as Harry Potter's first kiss, media sell outs making much out of nothing.

12 hours ago, Dionigi said:

BBC made a huge mistake, not so much with the Doctor but with the huge PC story lines.

The BBC went OTT PC many years ago. If it weren't for the compulsory licence fee it'd have gone under by now.

For such a revered company to become so useless is a tragedy.

They used to make top quality series like Edge of Darkness, but now the best they can do is pulp like EastEnders.

18 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

The books are much better.

Exactly, just like Game of Thrones.

The first James Bond movies were rubbish, IMO, by today's standards, with pathetic special effects. I bought the entire series and watched all the Sean Connery ones as the later actors were hard to take now. The only reason the films became popular was his charisma and raw sexuality, as the plots were thin in the extreme and the writing was pretty poor, to be charitable.