Rain...is anyone getting any ?

Sparkles

Disappointing wet season in Pua, upper Nan province. This is only my second wet season here but would be reasonably confident is saying we've had less than a third of the rain to this point compared to last year. Farmers complaining and taking forever to get their rice planted. Newly planted fields are being partially drained to get other fields planted.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just for the hard of understanding, when TV sends an email out twice a day with headline articles to read it doesn't usually indicate where each thread originates.

I believe they give a clue at the top of each thread.

Or perhaps cancel the emails if it is causing confusion?

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just for the hard of understanding, when TV sends an email out twice a day with headline articles to read it doesn't usually indicate where each thread originates.

It clearly says in Chiang Mai forum at the top of the this thread when you posted but thanks for the contribution.

No rain in Korat for at least three weeks. Feels like April May still. Lake/reservoir I kayaked on last year, I walked recently where I paddled before....pretty sad sight. Locals would swim there, and there was a thriving bunch of food stalls....nothing but a couple now. Not good for anybody.

53 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

It clearly says in Chiang Mai forum at the top of the this thread when you posted but thanks for the contribution.

Thanks. I'd dispute 'clearly' when it's in the smallest font possible, but now I know. Always good to go to bed wiser than when I woke up.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

I believe they give a clue at the top of each thread.

Or perhaps cancel the emails if it is causing confusion?

Thanks. Easy to miss when it's in the smallest font possible, but now I know. Always good to go to bed wiser than when I woke up.

Here a few miles south of Hua Hin we are dry as a bone.  Last measurable rain of 0.25" was two weeks ago.  Our yard needs watering every two to three days. There are no rice paddies in our area.  Farmers here plant those small pineapples; peanuts; marigolds; and sugar cane.  I'll send this conversation to a retired meteorologist living in Seattle who spent several years in the P.I. during the Second Indo-China War and for a few years after.

Terry

Thanks again but this is the Chiang Mai forum.The south traditionally gets more rain so irrelevent to conditions in the north.In Chiang Mai the temperatures appear to be well above the so called "normal '" especially at night and currently cloudless

Your title: Rain...is anyone getting any ?

Better Title: Rain, Chang Mai...is anyone getting any ?

And for your info, it's 13.50 hrs Thurs 18/7 and Chantaburi is flooded to a depth of about 1/2 meter or more. I just thought you would like to know.

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Did you want someone from Chiang Mai to tell you it is raining then if you don’t want info from other locations?

If I wanted other locations I would go to their forum.

Cm has a history, because of its geography, of some areas receiving rain while others miss out.

I've requested the mods to close the thread,Your and others comments not living in CM province are of no relevance 

59 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Your title: Rain...is anyone getting any ?

Better Title: Rain, Chang Mai...is anyone getting any ?

And for your info, it's 13.50 hrs Thurs 18/7 and Chantaburi is flooded to a depth of about 1/2 meter or more. I just thought you would like to know.

Being in the Chiang mai forum same answer its CM specific ,is that so hard to understand ?

A post has been removed. Please try to reply about rain specifically in Chang Mai as the topic is in the Chang Mai forum.

Regret its now too late to alter the title as it has been up too long and is logged into all kinds of search engines.

17 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Just spoke to my brother who lives in Chiang Mai. He says no rain there. 

We got a short downpour here in Loei last night but it only lasted a minute or two. 

Just spoke to a bar girl in Chiang Mai.

She asked me if it was raining in Nong Khai. I replied "no".

41 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

If I wanted other locations I would go to their forum.

Cm has a history, because of its geography, of some areas receiving rain while others miss out.

I've requested the mods to close the thread,Your and others comments not living in CM province are of no relevance 

Relevant to who, just you in Chang mai. Posters from other areas have a show here too cobber.PS Try using the weather sites, there not so worried about who check,s in!

51 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Being in the Chiang mai forum same answer its CM specific ,is that so hard to understand ?

Why is the weather outside of Chiang Mai not important to you Sparkles? Surely the well being of Thai farmers everywhere is on your mind.

12 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Relevant to who, just you in Chang mai. Posters from other areas have a show here too cobber.PS Try using the weather sites, there not so worried about who check,s in!

Not just relevant to me but the many posters in CM who used to get very involved in "rain' threads & now appear to be getting thin on the ground.I repeat again I posted in the CM forum,it was CM specific, that it was picked up and noted in the general news was not my decision

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Why is the weather outside of Chiang Mai not important to you Sparkles? Surely the well being of Thai farmers everywhere is on your mind.

Of course it is my wife's family are farmers in Petchabun. I was a farmer in a past life. I know the hardships they endure.Am I not at liberty to ask a specific question without being interrogated as to my integrity

50 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Not just relevant to me but the many posters in CM who used to get very involved in "rain' threads & now appear to be getting thin on the ground.I repeat again I posted in the CM forum,it was CM specific, that it was picked up and noted in the general news was not my decision

High of 39C today in ChiangMai, "40% chance of rain" clear blue skies above.(Accuweather)

This is the TMD forecast, same all month so far, hardly any rain:

Today
18/07
Tomorrow
19/07
Saturday
20/07
Sunday
21/07
Monday
22/07
Tuesday