GBP to THAI BAHT forecast 2023...surely cannot fall anymore

got this yesterday from one of the main currency sites,  i really should have got the name of the site but here goes , see below -

Jan 29.498 27.135-29.498 28.266 -27.4%
Feb 28.266 26.737-28.965 27.851 -28.4%

Mar 27.851 26.236-28.422 27.329 -29.8%
Apr 27.329 26.192-28.374 27.283 -29.9%
May 27.283 26.214-28.398 27.306 -29.8%
Jun 27.306 26.355-28.551 27.453 -29.5%
Jul 27.453 27.147-29.409 28.278 -27.3%
Aug 28.278 27.971-30.301 29.136 -25.1%

so, it has the potential to fall to 26.3   in 4 more years 

i could never imagine changing a £100 to get 2600 baht back ..... f u * k  that !!!   

Edited by nomad2019

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

did you see the movie "Escape From New York?"

I heard the entire UK is going to be like that. A giant prison. 

Nope. Nothing like that movie. We have no guns in the UK. More like Yul Brynner in the Ultimate Warrior ????

3 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

why ? bury my head under sand and hope for the best ? 

this is the  forecast , facts, trends , stats.

Do you have a problem now, at this moment? The future will come soon enough there is no point in worrying about what could be, the mind loves that, it is the whole point of its existence, comparisons, what if's. Use the mind to solve problems by all means but the time to do that is when they arise otherwise you risk making your mind your master instead of the other way round, you will never hear the birds singing while you worry about exchange rates. You are being for a short time, enjoy it, you aren't in control anyway, get a heart attack tomorrow and you have worried for nothing, the birds will still sing while you gasp your last breath.

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thousands of expats suckered in by the " never put even 1 baht in a thai bank' mantra on TV and kept cash offshore

Idiots !

Quite right too. Try transferring large amounts of cash out of Thailand in an emergency. Not easy by any means.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Nope. Nothing like that movie. We have no guns in the UK. More like Yul Brynner in the Ultimate Warrior ????

The UK, like its empire, will go out with a whimper, not a bang and nobody will care.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Do you have a problem now, at this moment? The future will come soon enough there is no point in worrying about what could be, the mind loves that, it is the whole point of its existence, comparisons, what if's. Use the mind to solve problems by all means but the time to do that is when they arise otherwise you risk making your mind your master instead of the other way round, you will never hear the birds singing while you worry about exchange rates. You are being for a short time, enjoy it, you aren't in control anyway, get a heart attack tomorrow and you have worried for nothing, the birds will still sing while you gasp your last breath.

you could be speaking to 75% of the posters here about everyday living but unfortunately your wise words will not be heeded.. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thousands of expats suckered in by the " never put even 1 baht in a thai bank' mantra on TV and kept cash offshore

Idiots !

Yep, it will now (roughly) cost an extra US$4500 to put 800k baht in a Thai bank, 

compared to the rates of just 12 months ago.

You gotta take ALL advice given here with a pinch of salt there are so many Wallys around.

Remember, these are the guys that actually skirt around Thai laws, by buying houses and businesses and then cry when they get duped!

And then if you should suggest renting is the smarter choice than buying a condo,

they will be lining up to have a shot at you!

yes, idiots indeed!

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Ignore the site.

Exactly my prediction will come true I'm good friend of the Koch brothers they told me 37 low and 41 high for the next 10 years unless there's another world war.

In 10 years time the GBP will be worth so little that Brighton will be packed with divorced elderly Thai men who have relocated to the UK because their meagre savings and pensions go so much further than back home...

Brighton promenade will feature a lineup of captivating single mothers who have travelled down from the poverty-stricken North East (Sunderland, Newcastle) in the hope of catching the eye of one of the wealthy expats. Perhaps going as far as learning a few words of the visitors' lingo..."Khun bai nai?  Chan ja bai gap khun duay.,"

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Haha 1