US supports Thailand’s role as regional leader, says Pompeo

snoop1130

Thanks to a greedy Bank of Thailand, LoS is sinking fast. They prefer their foreign hot money inflows from short term bond sales, over the fortunes of the tourist and export industries.  And BTW, BoT never cares about expats supporting Thai families.  A regional leader?  Sure, since they ink bilateral trade deals with ChiComs.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And look who supported N VN directly with weapons and soldiers. Do you think over 300k of Chinese soldiers while also being trained and supplied with Chinese armaments and food is enough? Russia also backed and supplied them. More to it than that! But this topic is not about VN or wars, so we best keep on it.

Yes my cousin had the same reply which doesn't change the fact that they were repelled.Of course you are right in saying it is more complicated,much more so now but with America building walls around it's borders send signals of non engagement is not a promising sign that it is as confident as it once was. America's current administration seems to lack the persuasive power to acheive much more than rhetoric.Reason certainly fails when itchy fingers hover uncertainly over the triggers of weapons.Also if you say that China and Russia were in cahoots in Vietnam then it is likely that would also occur in any future actions making it a formidable team indeed.Like I said it's a big ask!   

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Add Text

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We support transparency and good governance around the world and will continue to work with the Thai people and the Royal Thai government to this end, Pompeo said on Tuesday.

What he didn't say was he always wears a pair of really dirty rose colored glasses...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

And what happened to the Chinese when they invaded Vietnam in 1979? The Americans lost 58,000 men in all their years of fighting in Vietnam. How many Chinese soldiers were killed in Vietnam in less than a month of fighting?

Well to tell the truth I wouldn't have the foggiest idea but I have heard it said by people who there that the south Vietnamese did most of the killing of the opposing side not the Americans who were severely hampered buy the lack of local knowledge and skill in that type of engagement.Also you may quote those horrific numbers but I would ask; a)was it successful?and b)was it worth it? 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Add Text
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, bipper said:

FB_IMG_1539180396768.jpg.fe4c14ddb3c9c202c81cc49cc334c42e.jpg

I do not agree with these findings at all.

My research shows that the present US military expenditure is more than 1.5 trillion USD a year. This figure is not 3% of GDP, as is often quoted, but over 7%, and is then bolstered by FED money printing.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

And what happened to the Chinese when they invaded Vietnam in 1979? The Americans lost 58,000 men in all their years of fighting in Vietnam. How many Chinese soldiers were killed in Vietnam in less than a month of fighting?

A drop in the ocean for the Chinese

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie1 said:

I support Pompeo's role as a regional leader in the madhouse.

By the way, is Bolton still in Mongolia? 

Is Pompeo going to join him? 

Will they then fly together to Turkmenistan, which is another major regional leader? 

The US needs all the help it can get to counter Eurasia integration... 

Apart from the fact I cannot abide Pompeo and disbelieve everything he say, he is 100% wrong on this....can you see a competent nation like Singapore being led by Thailand and the likes of Prayut? It is preposterous. 

Regionally we will be led by a country with smart people who can communicate effectively and actually get things done....clue, definitely NOT Thailand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

pompeo, former director of the CIA, has fond feelings for thailand,  as they had (and may still have) some rendition/internment/torture centers there.

There is a 'special' area on the 2022 between Penn and Bandung. 2.5k of heavily guarded rendition/internment/torture underground chambers.

When I lived near there I would watch the helicopters going in at night. locals said, in the past, they often could hear screaming at night.

It's all very respectable now. Voice of America transmit from there; don't ya know.

• Like 1