Brits forced to do walk of shame after Thai police catch them skinny dipping

webfact

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

It's called respect for the culture. Tired of hearing the sex capitol excuse.

So if someone goes to the cop shop to report a crime they get a shrug, like the Thais who are told to go and find their stolen cars themselves, but some tourist go skinny dipping and it is drop everything let's get them quick! And just for good measure, instead of dealing with it in an adult fashion, let's make a big fuss and make them do a walk of shame - yay for culture! 

44 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Ah...the dob in a farang brigade on patrol and rarin' to go.Expect much more of it in the future.

38 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

Shame on Thai Police they did more bad then good, but they are to st.pid to see/realize the consequences.

Where they do it is on the stair in the front of Krabi main tourism road. The most busy place at the beach. The stairs that go down, with big light.

Everyone use this stair to get on the beach.

Many people, family, Muslim, kids etc can see. Is not polite.

The stupid place to do that. They should walk 200 meters where it dark. They want to show everyone?

The police can not allow people to do that.

Why not wear swim suit? 

Was only 500 baht.

SHAME!

Your in a foreign country. 

Have fun like the locals.

Next time get a big "boom box" or rent a truck with enormous speakers and play some metalhead music at max volume and cruise around.

Add a karaoke mic and scream along.

It doesn't what time of day or night.

Bering naked is beautiful and 100% natural 

it should never be a crime

50% have pussy

50% have cock

100% have ass

we all know what we look like

what is there to hide

prude attitude is perverse 

1 minute ago, sharpjwe said:

Bering naked is beautiful and 100% natural 

it should never be a crime

50% have pussy

50% have cock

100% have ass

we all know what we look like

what is there to hide

prude attitude is perverse 

Willing to go outside now and give that idea a try?

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

How sad the bib have nothing better to do.

Er...don't you mean...'nothing worse to do'...I mean (apart from collecting brown envelopes) The sight must have been very pleasing to the eye. Ha!???? 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

One of the policemen was asked, why are you having difficulty walking?

Better if you take your baton out so you can walk properly.:cheesy:

I used to mentor a high school robotics team in the USA for about 5 years.  We were under-funded, so we had to use wood initially instead of aluminum, carbon fiber and whatnot.  Our saying was "Wood is good!" and we always had a piece of wood on the robot.  Not exactly a "woodie" but we could only go so far. 555

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Did anyone read those articles of falling tourists numbers and wonder why? well, this is one of the reasons, seemingly harmless act of skinny dipping by adults at night, not drugs, not prostitution, child trafficking or even not defacing or stealing thai monuments and artefacts, and the police of a country with the most prostitutes, bar girls and nasty ladyboys in the world, is acting as if this is Iran or Saudi arabia, I ask you...

They were law-abiding citizens.  They didn't have work permits, so they didn't charge for the side show.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

if some nosey local perv hadn't been mongering with his phone camera nobody would be any the wiser

maybe different if they had been running down a main street naked in broad daylight - but they weren't

why can't people walk on and mind their own business

Something that really bothers me is the authoritarian nature of the country - my son is even being programmed at school that he can't wear a pair of socks for even 2 hours at home without putting it in the wash basket and taking out a fresh pair. They are programmed to feel duty bound to interfere when nothing is required, I'm constantly being ordered around inside school grounds when taking my son to school (i.e. 'you must park there and walk even though nobody is walking here and there's lots of space to park and wait' for reasons of 'safety' but for anything of any importance they are completely blind - like having people and kids running between traffic on the entrance road.

My wife often says 'if you don't know, why don't you ask?' the reason is that if you don't ask, then nobody will notice. Once you ask, the chances are it's going to be a forbidden and heinous crime.

Just  brainless moronic behaviour - that's why they're called the big joke.

42 minutes ago, kamahele said:

I'm not sure why time is wasted to take pictures of those committing such a small offense...

It's needed to create a wider offense by throwing it up in the faces of the millions who would otherwise have passed by without noticing.

50 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Thank God! Tourists have been caught disrespecting Thailand! AGAIN!

Now, plummeting tourism figures, why think about that!. 

EDF08C69-0725-4771-96EC-54F35E963930.png

Just now, Yinn said:
40 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Thank God! Tourists have been caught disrespecting Thailand! AGAIN!

Now, plummeting tourism figures, why think about that!. 

EDF08C69-0725-4771-96EC-54F35E963930.png

Great deflection Yinn!!  Power move

But no, I am talking about what TAT has been saying about Phuket and Pattaya in the last two weeks. So reality, vs window dressing  :biggrin:

I'm thinking more window dressing might help with your deflections. How about a Venn diagram or a Pie Chart? I always liked those :thumbsup:

VennDiagram_900.gif

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

How sad the bib have nothing better to do.

The Bib responded to a call from a member of the public... were they supposed to ignore it?

Then get chastised for being lazy?

Haven't tried it, but I suspect you'd get the same reaction if you were skinny dipping off of Brighton beach. People come on holiday and think they can do what they like. No thought for others sensibilities. They must put their brains into sleep mode as they pass through immigration. What did they think would happen....if you want to get your kit off whilst swimming get a room with a big Jacuzzi, or a private pool. 

Archived