The name of the App is "Section 38. Its another way of accessing the online TM30 system at this website https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

The App may not be immeadiatly available if your phone is set to home country play store. Links to the APK in the attached thread.

Edited by Peterw42

It has been posted in other topics several times. You have to register to do the TM30 form online and the app is about the saem as the online reporting site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Android here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en

For IOS do a search on Itunes for it.

For both you have to have a address for Thailand on the play store or Itunes to download it.

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I have noticed the app has disappeared from the Thai IOS app store.

That was my experience also.

After logging out of the U.S. store and logging into the Thai store, I received an "unavailable in this store" message.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DickThrust said:

Another query, when submitting TM30 via phone app, there will be nothing to put in ones passport.

Correct.

After submitting go to Search Notification of Residence, enter the week date range of your submittal, select your submittal, do a screen capture. Feel free to place this in your passport if it makes you feel better.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clarification, so to be clear, those who submit TM30 in person do get a  paper slip in their passport to confirm submission, those who submit via app do not have any confirmation in their passport - seems strange to me but TIT.

Thanks again

1 minute ago, DickThrust said:

so to be clear, those who submit TM30 in person do get a  paper slip in their passport to confirm submission

Well, they get a receipt. Whether they choose to staple it into their passport may be a personal choice. Some offices simply re-stamp this receipt for subsequent filing done in person.

Maybe owing to the origins of the form itself? 

The filing is part of your individual record, so can be checked quite easily.

Nowadays, the bulk (~ 95%) of the filings are done online, by email and by fax by hotels. These foreigners receive no receipt.

1 minute ago, DickThrust said:

those who submit via app do not have any confirmation in their passport

Well, I guess they can print out the app or web screen capture and staple it in their passport if they are so inclined.

The general idea of the TM30 was that Thais would be reporting foreigners, so foreigners who self-report, weren't really accounted for, nor was there a requirement to prove you self-reported.

Now?

Who knows what they'll require? A TM30 tattoo? A new TM30 every 90 days? A new TM30 every year?

My best guess is that, with a quick scan of your passport, or by entering the passport number, officials/authorites can quickly determine your TM30 status.

Having the mobile app in hand, and being able to disply your filing, may or may not be helpful.

tm30receipt.jpg