Used/refurbished washing machine

mike111

I don't know where you can find one. But I am pretty sure there is an easy way to find out:

Just asks the service staff from any (big) condominium. They know exactly where they can bring things which other people throw away.

And then go exactly there...

• Like 1

they aren't made to be refurbished.  even if you found a used one that only required a simple repair, there is a big chance it has been abused. small pieces of rubber showing up in your wash is almost a trademark of Samsung.  

58 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Personally I wouldn't trust Khun Honest and Khun Reliable in a Pattaya repair shop to do even the simplest of repairs properly, so most certainly would not buy a refurbished washing machine from them.

Washing machines are relatively cheap here, just ask yourself why one would be on the second hand market, and you will most likely find that in most cases it will be because they are way past their best already.

The sh***y plaastic ones are quite cheap but i recall paying about 30K for a decent one and that was a agood few years ago.

I just use a laundry now, they're very cheap.

For a person living alone it doesn't make any financial sense to buy a washing machine, use the coin op places that are everywhere around the town. If you want to wash your duvet you'll need a machine capable of taking 12 kg, and they're quite expensive. The cheap small ones only take 6 kg or so, fine for shirts and towels but they're too small for doing a proper job of a king-size duvet (if you're a midget and sleep in a single bed then please disregard this post!) Using the coin op machines you don't pay for the electricity or the water, but most importantly you don't have to worry about maintenance. Washing machines are notoriously unreliable things even in the West, I wouldn't place any bets on the lifetime of the cheap things they sell here. My house is plumbed to take a washing machine, but with three coin op places within 100 yards of the village entrance the plumbing will remain unused.

4 minutes ago, Guderian said:

use the coin op places that are everywhere around the town

The ones round my way are used to wash shoes,dog blankets,nappies and god knows what else..also there have been cases of people taking the "wrong" washing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, johng said:

The ones round my way are used to wash shoes,dog blankets,nappies and god knows what else..also there have been cases of people taking the "wrong" washing.

I've been using them for 15 years and never had an issue. The people where you live must be a seedy bunch if they're stealing other people's washing, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

where you live must be a seedy bunch

Yes nice and seedy... ????  you obviously live in the "upper class"  area of  the "World class family beach resort ® ™ "  ????

1498148413_washP_20190725_110426.thumb.jpg.f17795095797419f8a0121a8662dc714.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 1:58 PM, Guderian said:

For a person living alone it doesn't make any financial sense to buy a washing machine, use the coin op places that are everywhere around the town. If you want to wash your duvet you'll need a machine capable of taking 12 kg, and they're quite expensive. The cheap small ones only take 6 kg or so, fine for shirts and towels but they're too small for doing a proper job of a king-size duvet (if you're a midget and sleep in a single bed then please disregard this post!) Using the coin op machines you don't pay for the electricity or the water, but most importantly you don't have to worry about maintenance. Washing machines are notoriously unreliable things even in the West, I wouldn't place any bets on the lifetime of the cheap things they sell here. My house is plumbed to take a washing machine, but with three coin op places within 100 yards of the village entrance the plumbing will remain unused.

convenience ! and  heavy duty duvets ? why its not Alaska just turn the air con temp up and no sheeting necessary

On 7/22/2019 at 11:06 AM, essox essox said:

why not just go buy a new one....then one will get a warranty...they are quite cheap to buy.....

Have to ever tried to make a claim on a warranty in Thailand? They are worthless.

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

Have to ever tried to make a claim on a warranty in Thailand? They are worthless.

We have a washer must be 7 years old never been any problem, so warranty run out.

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SteveK said:

Yes, but not electrical goods, they have all been fine.

But i bought a expensive Targus laptop bag many years ago, top floor Tuk com.  after a month some stitching started to come undone.

went back, they replaced it on the spot under warranty. 

very good i thought.  (no fuss)

10 years latter i still use the bag. its a bit tatty now, but still ok.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.

I'll only be using the washing machine for a month or so while I'm visiting, so I'm not too keen on investing in a "proper" machine BigC has some cheap washers for around 2K-3K:

https://www.bigc.co.th/home-appliances-electronic-products/large-appliances/washing-machine-dryer.html?___from_store=th&___store=en&dir=asc&order=price

Any experience with these? how reliable are they?.

Cheers

On 7/22/2019 at 1:58 PM, Guderian said:

You are joking right. You can buy a new one for say 8000 baht. With a 10 year life that's 15 baht a week. Who wants to mess  about to save 15 baht?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

You are joking right. You can buy a new one for say 8000 baht. With a 10 year life that's 15 baht a week. Who wants to mess  about to save 15 baht?

Mine was a bit more expensive, around 10,000 baht, but that's an 11kg machine. Ran faultlessly for 9 years and only recently needed a replacement part, 900 baht later it's still going strong.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, mike111 said:

Thanks for all the replies.

I'll only be using the washing machine for a month or so while I'm visiting, so I'm not too keen on investing in a "proper" machine BigC has some cheap washers for around 2K-3K:

https://www.bigc.co.th/home-appliances-electronic-products/large-appliances/washing-machine-dryer.html?___from_store=th&___store=en&dir=asc&order=price

Any experience with these? how reliable are they?.

Cheers

They are junk, what would you expect. No public machines (coin operated) near you?

Loads of washing machines all over Pattaya in little Soi's for public use. 

I even saw a "proper" laundrette last week while out walking in Central Pattaya and saw another one in South Pattaya a day later. Maybe someone is opening up a chain!

Simon

IMG_2572.jpg

• Like 1