Yingluck expresses sympathy for drought-hit farmers

webfact

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

'The government has incorporated an integrated national water management plan into the country’s 10-year Strategic Plan. We will push forward the plan and make appropriate adjustments along the way.

Steven, couple of corrections. The Strategic Plan was for 20 years and only comes into effect in October 2018. Nothing was actually done from 2014 to 2018 even with his absolute power.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Steven, couple of corrections. The Strategic Plan was for 20 years and only comes into effect in October 2018. Nothing was actually done from 2014 to 2018 even with his absolute power.  

Corrections you say...

Gee I hope nobody lists the corrections needed to hundreds of your posts, many with blatantly untruthful comments, the full list would be too long to publish in one day...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I am sure he's doing a heck of a lot more than your Yingluck ever did,  except she had some fraudulent rice scheme going ….   anyway, lets agree that more needs to be done  !!  ????

National Broadcast by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, March 18, 2016

'The government has incorporated an integrated national water management plan into the country’s 10-year Strategic Plan. We will push forward the plan and make appropriate adjustments along the way.

We shall follow Their Majesties’ guidelines to rehabilitate our forests and address the problem of water shortages in villages, schools, and communities.We will address the matter of water scarcity for our production sectors by developing our water sources such as rivers, underground water, reservoirs, and weirs.We will work to prevent future flooding by dredging canals, restructuring our cities, and making sure that roads are not blocking waterways.

And please read :

May 11, 2015 - The Agriculture Ministry is responsible for improving irrigation systems. ... The UN was satisfied with Thailand's water management plan which allows ... They will be given tools, equipment fertilizers, and other necessities to help local farmers lower ... The government will help those affected by this project.

Excellent he has told the rice farmers he has a ten year plan complete with some bonus strategies thrown in but still the rice farmers are not benefiting from or have any increase in income that he has been promising for six years.

What my Yingluck did was take the money "your" elites were stuffing into their pockets and stuffed it into her pockets only her pockets were not quite as big and far fewer than the those of your elite mates so she shared a bit of around to the low life rice farmers which made them immensely happy because nobody had done that before so they were going to vote her back into office until your mate came along and put a stop to that and took control of the money and so far has shared only plans and strategies but not the money.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday expressed sympathy for farmers suffering during the country’s drought.

Bless her for her concern, from far away in an air-conditioned palace with a chef preparing her meals, a maid to do all she commands & all the mineral water she wants !

I'm sure the farmers feel your sympathy !

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Bless her for her concern, from far away in an air-conditioned palace with a chef preparing her meals, a maid to do all she commands & all the mineral water she wants !

I'm sure the farmers feel your sympathy !

At least they felt some of the money not like this crew they put a stop to that silly idea.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Corrections you say...

Gee I hope nobody lists the corrections needed to hundreds of your posts, many with blatantly untruthful comments, the full list would be too long to publish in one day...

Maybe you start with my current comment whether that was untrue before you start flapping your gums. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Maybe you start with my current comment whether that was untrue before you start flapping your gums. 

Your not happy, face the truth, and how many times have you deflected to totally different comments / subjects when you don't have any answer to comments thrown at you?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Excellent he has told the rice farmers he has a ten year plan complete with some bonus strategies thrown in but still the rice farmers are not benefiting from or have any increase in income that he has been promising for six years.

What my Yingluck did was take the money "your" elites were stuffing into their pockets and stuffed it into her pockets only her pockets were not quite as big and far fewer than the those of your elite mates so she shared a bit of around to the low life rice farmers which made them immensely happy because nobody had done that before so they were going to vote her back into office until your mate came along and put a stop to that and took control of the money and so far has shared only plans and strategies but not the money.

"... because nobody had done that before so...'

Yep nobody has thrown money around with no limits and without logic to the point where she tried to order banks to give over depositors funds.  How clever...

And let's be honest all of this was not to make farmers happy it was to keep buying their votes hoping to ultimately create some scenario to whitewash her criminal brother. 

However, yes farmers are too poor and Thailand needs to urgently and totally rethink the agriculture segment to build a win-win for all and very probably (like many european countries) it will mean subsidies, but must be subsidies which are transparent all farmers benefit, and managed in a way transparent that gets corruption out of the picture.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Your not happy, face the truth, and how many times have you deflected to totally different comments / subjects when you don't have any answer to comments thrown at you?

Be an adult and stop interjecting in my comment in response to Steven’s post. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And let's be honest all of this was not to make farmers happy it was to keep buying their votes hoping to ultimately create some scenario to whitewash her criminal brother.

Yeah I do agree and it seemed to work and the farmers got a little bit of money to us it wasn't much but the farmers thought it was great and much better than plans and strategies for buying stuff or playing lottery.I think the rest of her behaviour was probably not much different from the rest of those that came before as she is Thai after all,I'm not trying to excuse her just saying the farmers feel they were better off,not even a lot but every bit counts.It may not have the intention to make the farmers happy but it did.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

At least they felt some of the money not like this crew they put a stop to that silly idea.

They only got SOME of the money intended, the vast majority was creamed off by unscrupulous millers or corrupt officials, if she really wanted to help the farmers why didn't she pay them directly for every ton sold. She could have got them to take the receipt from the millers to the bank & give them a payment to their account, cutting out the many middle men who got rich quick.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yeah I do agree and it seemed to work and the farmers got a little bit of money to us it wasn't much but the farmers thought it was great and much better than plans and strategies for buying stuff or playing lottery.I think the rest of her behaviour was probably not much different from the rest of those that came before as she is Thai after all,I'm not trying to excuse her just saying the farmers feel they were better off,not even a lot but every bit counts.It may not have the intention to make the farmers happy but it did.

There were reasons as to why the rice farmers still resonate and loyal to her and her brother even now. Not patronizing both of them but that is the fact of life; life was better under them with their subsidies and health-care. Inequality and regional disparities are on the decline under post coup government. Will have to see whether this government can deliver and addressed the plight of the farmers; not only the rice farmers. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-election-farmers/in-post-coup-election-thai-rice-rubber-farmers-rethink-old-divide-idUSKCN1R20RM

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Will her adversaries blame her for the drought as a diversion. 

Doubt it. But she can be blamed for helping her crooked family thieve billions whilst patronizing the poor with her condescending FB posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Too much water was her problem. Her government did came out with a Water Management Plan for flood and drought mitigation. The junta then dropped the ball and did nothing. 

Oh Eric, you forget some us have a memory. Her first big act with water was to refuse to allow the dams to release water ahead of the big flood. Then after she was blamed for making the flood worse, she ordered the the dumping of the dams (for flood mitigation) just ahead of years of drought.

By comparison doing nothing is a godsend, because what that really means is allowing the experts to do their jobs without political interference.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

She made them so happy they had to come to Bangkok in protest at her lies about when they'd be paid. (Her regime had run out of money before she dissolved parliament, and was removed by a court btw)

There was unbelievable negligence in the management of the rice scheme which allowed a corrupt-fest free for all whilst she swanned off round the world at tax payer expense.

And she and he hand chosen expert cabinet, changed seven times in less than 3 years, cocked up managing the worst flood in living memory which they saw as a potential "earner". 

Rich spoiled bitch who only cares about her clan and it's wealth and power. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yes.

She was the last genuine DEMOCRATICALLY elected leader this country had.

But the Amart and the elite would not let her govern.

She was nothing more than a puppet for her crooked brother and his plans to whitewash himself of all crimes, obtain a 2.2 trillion baht loan which he'd control, and return a "hero of the people" to install a Hun Sen type dictatorship. 

Do you blame them for not letting that happen?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

She did do more when she had the chance,she did more than this lot are doing.The rice farmers were not struggling as much as they are under this lot today.

A great many rice farmers struggled. Land rent was increased, seeds and fertilizer prices increased. Farmers were encouraged to take on more debt based on the promised higher returns guaranteed by the pledging scheme. Millers increased their prices. Many farmers lost land when it all came crashing down. Many went bankrupt or were forced to sell land when Yingluck kept lying about promising to pay them.

She and her cronies mismanaged the dams and water release, for political purposes and self profit, and promised people their area wouldn't be flooded and then deliberately flooded it to protect Bangkok. She was a proven habitual liar whose lies insulted in the simplest intellects.

They did want to place a large 350 million or thereabouts contract with a Korean water management company of somewhat dubious reputation, with no prior environmental assessments, no competitive bidding tendering and about 2 weeks after her crooked fugitive brother had visited them in Korea! 

Her brother's kleptocracy, for which was a puppet figurehead, was exactly that. A kleptocracy that governed to make money, and not for the people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Oh Eric, you forget some us have a memory. Her first big act with water was to refuse to allow the dams to release water ahead of the big flood. Then after she was blamed for making the flood worse, she ordered the the dumping of the dams (for flood mitigation) just ahead of years of drought.

By comparison doing nothing is a godsend, because what that really means is allowing the experts to do their jobs without political interference.

You should really leave those complicated accusation to the expert.

THE NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION Commission (NACC) yesterday dismissed the charges against officials including former prime ministers Abhisit Vejjajiva and Yingluck Shinawatra for alleged mismanagement which resulted in severe flooding in 2011 (Sept 2016).

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yes.

She was the last genuine DEMOCRATICALLY elected leader this country had.

But the Amart and the elite would not let her govern.

The party she represented might have won the election, Thai style democracy of course and appointed by the owner of the party, not elected by the people - the question remains, was /is she of any use to the country, not that the current debacle is any better. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

The party she represented might have won the election, Thai style democracy of course and appointed by the owner of the party, not elected by the people - the question remains, was /is she of any use to the country, not that the current debacle is any better. 

What better way than let the people judge her. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

She was nothing more than a puppet for her crooked brother and his plans to whitewash himself of all crimes, obtain a 2.2 trillion baht loan which he'd control, and return a "hero of the people" to install a Hun Sen type dictatorship. 

Do you blame them for not letting that happen?

Ah, you always get a rise out of the "but but but Thaksin" brigade.

Pathetic.

Why don't you blame climate change and Trump, and more poignantly, decades of corruption and abuse PRIOR to Thaksin even being a politician, on the Shins?

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Thai style democracy of course and appointed by the owner of the party, not elected by the people -

Give it a rest.

Posts like the above just make you look even more stupid and biased than you really are.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

I have sympathy for the people and I would like to extend my moral support to all who have to endure the current situation. I also have concerns about the economic impact that will follow. I hope all of you will have courage and will not be discouraged. Please be patient, so that you

Well, some of your thiefy millions could be of help.. you know. We all are standing right behind you.

• Like 1