PM Johnson - Irish backstop must be abolished for a Brexit deal

snoop1130

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

but after brexit it will be Trump giving the orders

And with Trump it is America First - he ain't giving anything anyway - even told us Brits we need to look after our own tankers in the Gulf when captured by the Iranians. That's telling us how important we are. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Basil B said:

They must be rolling around laughing their heads off in Brussels...

They know how ever hard he tries the common sense of the majority of MP's ain't going to allow a no deal exit.

Then at the next general election there will be a lot of Tory MPs who will be tossed out on their ears.

Becoming an MP does not automatically imbue you with common sense, as you can see here.

Nice of you to speak up on their behalf though, especially the ones who have and continue to ignore their constituents.

23 hours ago, Basil B said:

Sorry double click.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Well another Remainer with few ideas and no real answers following the time honoured route of insults.

This time, insulting the new PM Boris Johnson, instead of the Leavers on the forum.

I suppose that must be a step up for you.

The Leavers insult our intelligence with every breath they take.....to paraphrase the Police with their latest cobbled together 'solutions' WTO this , GATT 25 this and anything else that can be plucked out of thin air that passes for a plan. Sorry we don't prostrate ourselves at the feet of Emperor Boris - Rex Imperium , sorry about that  - come soon dear Brutus and strike the first blow. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

Never mind deflecting. Are you saying that there is no such law. I have shown you on two occasions that there is indeed such a law, one by the BBC and one by JRM, should you wish not to believe the BBC or JRM it is sad, but under the circumstances very understandable. I cannot debate with someone who is more intelligent than JRMogg and the whole of the British Broadcasting Centre. End of.

I have given the reasons why

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

Never mind deflecting. Are you saying that there is no such law. I have shown you on two occasions that there is indeed such a law, one by the BBC and one by JRM, should you wish not to believe the BBC or JRM it is sad, but under the circumstances very understandable. I cannot debate with someone who is more intelligent than JRMogg and the whole of the British Broadcasting Centre. End of.

Such a law if it exist is moot in the context of the debate

If Parliament wishes it can change the law.

JRM put a caveat into his asssrtion during the interview. If the status quo remained.

Well if the status quo remained the law enacting the repeal of ths ECA would not be in force.

Thus domestically the UK would be obliged to follow the EU treaties

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

It is not moot, the the question that was asked in the first place was, is there a Law, I can do no more than provide the evidence that there is such a law, you seem quite happy to keep mentioning JR Mogg, whilst keeping stum about what the BBC has to say about it.

And in the context of the debate it is highly relevant as that was the original question, maybe you are trolling, but whatever is said it is going directly over your head, so in the circumstances I will wish you a fond farewell.

If you are referring to my question, I asked you to back up your assertion that there was a law saying the uk had to leave on October 31st...

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

It is not moot, the the question that was asked in the first place was, is there a Law, I can do no more than provide the evidence that there is such a law, you seem quite happy to keep mentioning JR Mogg, whilst keeping stum about what the BBC has to say about it.

And in the context of the debate it is highly relevant as that was the original question, maybe you are trolling, but whatever is said it is going directly over your head, so in the circumstances I will wish you a fond farewell.

Then if such a law exist it will be in ststute.

Can you provide a link to the statute.

Providing statements from MPs is not to be taken as being the case in law.

Take for example D. Cameron promise to enact Art 50 . We subsequently learned he did not possess the authority to do so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Then if such a law exist it will be in ststute.

Can you provide a link to the statute.

Providing statements from MPs is not to be taken as being the case in law.

Take for example D. Cameron promise to enact Art 50 . We subsequently learned he did not possess the authority to do so.

Can you provide evidence that Cameron did not possess the authority to do so?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well another Remainer with few ideas and no real answers following the time honoured route of insults.

This time, insulting the new PM Boris Johnson, instead of the Leavers on the forum.

I suppose that must be a step up for you.

Where is the insult? 

Boris might be able to talk a cat of a fish cart in The UK but that won't work with the Europeans.I stopped caring now if the idiots in my country want this madness let them have it.I don't have kids my apartment Is paid for I have seen every country I want to see I don't care about coming back to Thailand anymore because it's gone downhill. I am looking forward to Uneployment I hate my work anyway and Basically waste my money.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Guess I touched a nerve. Most of the EU members take their orders from the EU council if you don't see that you are delusional.

Don't insult me as a troll. I have a different opinion from you.

Ireland will suffer more, its common sense its a smaller country and exports a lot to the UK

Following your reasoning UK will suffer more than EU. Which would be true, but opposite of the many times stated negotiation powers of the UK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Guess I touched a nerve. Most of the EU members take their orders from the EU council if you don't see that you are delusional.

Don't insult me as a troll. I have a different opinion from you.

Ireland will suffer more, its common sense its a smaller country and exports a lot to the UK

No you didn't touch any  nerve but your constant repetitive posts  about taking orders needs to be repudiated for what it is - a lie - and that's the troll.

The council set EU policy and every member, including Ireland & the UK have had input to their policy. Ireland has a strong opinion that no border should be re-established in the island for very good reasons and the rest of the EU members (except the UK) support that view. Wthin the council (& parliament) the UK has never stopped whining that it's opinion is often overridden by the majority.  The colonial attitude has never gone away.

Yes Ireland will suffer (and NI even more so with the neanderthals in power) and the UK, in the event of no deal, will suffer more because of customs duties & zero trade agreements with the rest of the world.

51 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And just how long have you been a politician in the UK parliament?

Using your false argument every Tom Dick and Harry know more about the law and parliament than all the politicians put together.

But we KNOW that TM lied many times and failed in her duty to the country, which is why, finally she got booted out.

Thankfully I've never been a politician anywhere - I can't lie smoothly enough. Yes TM lied as does Boris (even more) and JRM.

Using a politician's length of stay in parliament, as I pointed out, is no guarantee of either intelligence or ability. You've just confirmed that with your TM comments. The same applies to JRM.