16 days overstay + incoming plans

17 hours ago, Dan O said:

You should clear the overstay with your exit at an international airport. Expect to pay your fine and receive a long lecture. Do not expect to be allowed to return quickly and not be stopped at immigration as they have an electronic record of your overstay and may choose to decline entry. 

There is no lecture, they take your money while smiling and joking around. 

• Like 1

Okay guys all this back and forth posts making me confused. I’m not smart for the moment (and not in the passed during this Thai journey either ‘maybe not at all ????‘). Haven’t slept earlier night due stress to get all information so I don’t end up getting banned/not allowed to re-enter back in to Thailand.

The Koh Tao - Udon Thani route will be in the same price range as Koh Samui - Kuala Lumpur! - (Direct flight out of the country and pay the OS fine at the airport). The Kuala Lumpur option is way more quicker and easier. But it is about getting the Tourist Visa in KL that worries me / not allowed to re-enter Thailand by flight so quick after an overstay (if they deny my tourist visa application).

Hm, UbonJoe’s information felt so good but due to the long journey and lots of knowledge needed to do the Nong Khai border run my mind directs me back to the Kuala Lumpur option. Such a damn easy and convenient way to solve the problem -but it is risks / same with the Nong Khai border run (It’s a loooong journey to the Nong Khai border)

And about my appearance if that matters in any way.

Im Swedish, tanned, tall, short hair and mostly using a custom tailored outfit. So I don’t look druggy, unhealthy or trashy in any way. 

Edited by CeylonArey
  • Confused 1

Another thing: I can’t get a bank statement of my funds. I only talk with my bank on the telephone and get my balance that way. I have good enough of money but without a bank statement printed is it possible for me to get a tourist visa? Can I withdrawal cash and show them?

43 minutes ago, CeylonArey said:

Another thing: I can’t get a bank statement of my funds. I only talk with my bank on the telephone and get my balance that way. I have good enough of money but without a bank statement printed is it possible for me to get a tourist visa? Can I withdrawal cash and show them?

I allways had to print bank statement. You can go at a internet coffee and print it.

About overstay and have a flight back after few days: it happened to me and had no problem when I returned. Was on 10 days overstay (fully my mistake), at return the IO looked carefully the overstay stamp, looked me long but she didnt say anything - so that was all story.

I dont think that you have to scarred to much - just go out from country how fast is possible, and thats all.

1 hour ago, MZsolt said:

I allways had to print bank statement. You can go at a internet coffee and print it.

About overstay and have a flight back after few days: it happened to me and had no problem when I returned. Was on 10 days overstay (fully my mistake), at return the IO looked carefully the overstay stamp, looked me long but she didnt say anything - so that was all story.

I dont think that you have to scarred to much - just go out from country how fast is possible, and thats all.

Thanks! I sorted it out, just talked with my bank and they will email me bank statement.

So, it feels like I’ll go with Kuala Lumpur anyways. Fly from Koh Samui pay the fine at the airport. Stay in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days and sort the tourist visa. Then fly to Bangkok (hopefully they will let me in) and take a flight there from to Koh Samui.

Edited by CeylonArey

3 hours ago, CeylonArey said:

Thanks! I sorted it out, just talked with my bank and they will email me bank statement.

So, it feels like I’ll go with Kuala Lumpur anyways. Fly from Koh Samui pay the fine at the airport. Stay in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days and sort the tourist visa. Then fly to Bangkok (hopefully they will let me in) and take a flight there from to Koh Samui.

That seems to be a good plan if you can leave today or tomorrow.

Just checked and found there are late morning appointments available for the 30th.

I assume you have looked at the checklist for tourist visas here.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/1_1 Toursit TR(1).pdf

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CeylonArey said:

????  Swedish mentality #

I will follow UbonJoe’s advice and go for Nong Khai. Seems like an experienced poster.

Incoming:

Ferry + van to Suratthani airport 

Fly Suratthani to Bangkok

Fly Bangkok to Udon Thani

Bus Udon Thani to Nong Khai

And then about the same way back.

Any extra info I can be aware of?

For what is worth, in my humble opinion and I suspect most others on this site UbonJoe is the most knowledgeable person in relation to Immigration matters.

I future perhaps specifically seek his advice.

• Like 1

Good luck... get out as soon as possible and clear the matter. If you’re wanting to stay a long period of time in LOS do it the right

way. You don't want to end up as a poster boy for what not to do.

unless your fond of rice and what looks like water.......

post how it goes .... hopefully good news

• Like 1

Okay. Everything’s planned and sorted.

Koh Samui - Kuala Lumpur 29 july

Hostel near the embassy booked

Kuala Lumpur - Koh Samui 2 aug

Tomorrow I will pack all my things and leave the motorbike back to get my passport. Rest of the day I’ll rest.

Monday will be a busy day!

Up early as the ferry leaves at 9.00am

Arriving Koh Samui 11.00am.

Take taxi straight to Print Photo shop and get passport photos, copy of passport, print flight ticket KL - Samui and flight ticket Bangkok - Sweden (30 oct), print reservation of 15 days accommodation, print bank statement and print the Thai Visa application form.

When done take a taxi straight to the airport to be there in time to pay the overstay fine.

• Like 2

Wish you good luck, as I guess the days with „pay the overstay fine and move on“ are over. If it would be 2-3days fine, but it’s close to 3 weeks. Wouldn‘t be worried at all if you flew out  to Sweden on Monday, spend there 2-3months and return, but with your plan be prepared to face an IO in the are-you-kidding-me mode.

16 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Wish you good luck, as I guess the days with „pay the overstay fine and move on“ are over. If it would be 2-3days fine, but it’s close to 3 weeks. Wouldn‘t be worried at all if you flew out  to Sweden on Monday, spend there 2-3months and return, but with your plan be prepared to face an IO in the are-you-kidding-me mode.

Maybe, but he is flying back into Koh Samui, not Don Meuang or Phuket, so I think that puts him in a much better place.

Edited by Briggsy

7 hours ago, CeylonArey said:

Okay. Everything’s planned and sorted.

Koh Samui - Kuala Lumpur 29 july

Hostel near the embassy booked

Kuala Lumpur - Koh Samui 2 aug

Tomorrow I will pack all my things and leave the motorbike back to get my passport. Rest of the day I’ll rest.

Monday will be a busy day!

Up early as the ferry leaves at 9.00am

Arriving Koh Samui 11.00am.

Take taxi straight to Print Photo shop and get passport photos, copy of passport, print flight ticket KL - Samui and flight ticket Bangkok - Sweden (30 oct), print reservation of 15 days accommodation, print bank statement and print the Thai Visa application form.

When done take a taxi straight to the airport to be there in time to pay the overstay fine.

Let us know how you get along

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Maybe, but he is flying back into Koh Samui, not Don Meuang or Phuket, so I think that puts him in a much better place.

Although not recent, I can recall bad reports from Koh Samui airport. I wish the OP luck.

Hey guys, I just checked in my passport and the stamp I got when I arrived at samui 2nd August is just valid until 31 August 2019.

I got the tourist visa 60 + 30 days in my passport but they didn’t touch it?

Shouldn’t they stamp on that page? They stamped on another page in my passport. So my tourist visa looks clean. 

I’m confused. I did fill the VISA (on arrival) Application form I got on the flight and I left it over with my passport to the immigration officer.

Maybe they didn’t notice my tourist visa?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by CeylonArey

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly. You have been given 30day visa exempt. Go to immigration and they will fix it. 

Ooh, haha... there is no immigration office on Koh Tao and I’m going to Koh Phangan for 1 month (Muay Thai camp) on Monday. 

They have immigration office on Koh Samui tho, so I need to take the ferry to Samui and solve it there? 

Thanks

10 minutes ago, CeylonArey said:

Ooh, haha... there is no immigration office on Koh Tao and I’m going to Koh Phangan for 1 month (Muay Thai camp) on Monday. 

They have immigration office on Koh Samui tho, so I need to take the ferry to Samui and solve it there? 

Thanks

Wait for definitive advice from someone like Ubon.

My guess is yes. Pain in butt but necessary to fix it. Quote ubon and he will give you answer

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

This is why you must check your stamp before leaving the desk, errors are easily fixed then.

You need to go to immigration wherever you are and you need to go before the stamp you have been given expires (otherwise you will be on overstay). The fix should be free.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This is why you must check your stamp before leaving the desk, errors are easily fixed then.

You need to go to immigration wherever you are and you need to go before the stamp you have been given expires (otherwise you will be on overstay). The fix should be free.

Will use 1 day to sort it before it expires. Phangan - Samui n back *done

• Like 1

On the arrival form there is a space to put in the Visa Number. If you don't write your visa number in there, there is a good chance that the IO will miss your visa and just give you standard 30 day. 

I currently have a METV, whenever i enter I do the following.

1) Write visa number on form

2) Hand passport to IO open on the METV page

3) Check everything before leaving counter. 

In developing countries you not only have to think for yourself but for the person that is supposed to be doing his/her job correctly. One of the charms of Thailand is all its craziness, however when getting anything done you need to check everything 2 times, 3 times, maybe 4 times...... 

4 hours ago, CeylonArey said:

Hey guys, I just checked in my passport and the stamp I got when I arrived at samui 2nd August is just valid until 31 August 2019.

I got the tourist visa 60 + 30 days in my passport but they didn’t touch it?

Shouldn’t they stamp on that page? They stamped on another page in my passport. So my tourist visa looks clean. 

I’m confused. I did fill the VISA (on arrival) Application form I got on the flight and I left it over with my passport to the immigration officer.

Maybe they didn’t notice my tourist visa?

Yes they didn’t use your Tourist Visa [TR].

You've two choices.

1. Go to an immigration office and they will correct the mistake and change your current stay to 60 days.

2. Save the TR for a future entry. You have until on or before Oct 30th to use it. This is a good option if you are planning on staying in Thailand longer than 3 months.

• Like 1