Why you as a farrang live in Thailand

Parsve

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Such posts have NO VALUE whatsoever. 

Neither does bashing everything thai except perhaps in your case a nice pizza restaurant , lighten up amigo you have a passport and your only 130  baht away from Suvarnabhumi the world is your oyster  and like the add says "just do it'

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, madmen said:

Neither does bashing everything thai except perhaps in your case a nice pizza restaurant , lighten up amigo you have a passport and your only 130  baht away from Suvarnabhumi the world is your oyster  and like the add says "just do it'

Oh please. Having criticisms is not the same as bashing everything Thai. That's another thing the love it or leave BULLIES do. They exaggerate wildly. They hear some criticisms of anything Thai and they label the post or the person as a Thai basher. For them, it's 100 percent this or 100 percent that. That's simple minded. 

Feels like I am the only one who does not have a problem,with this "shit hole"

as its been called,I go to immigration once a year for a few hours,post 90 days

in,before did it online,even easier,but have new passport,so cannot.

30 odd years ago,I was just going to be passing through Thailand,liked it and

decided to stay,wonder what i would be doing now if i had ended up in my

intended destination, Costa Rica ?,who I be happier,I don't think so,happy

enough here, Thailand has been very good to me,so i am going nowhere.

Complain about the Government ?,I do ,but they don't effect me at all,

I have a wonderful wife,yes there are honest,faithful and caring Thai woman,

a lovely daughter,and everything to cater for my pretty simple needs,dont

drink,dont smoke,dont whore around, sound like a boring old fart,but I

have seen the World, 80 odd countries,when it was a much better place,

many i would not want to go back to.experienced life,the good and bad,

I have just about achieved everything I planned for my life as a young lad,

best not to fulfill all your dreams as you will have nothing to live for.

regards Worgeordie        P.S. the grass is not always greener on the otherside !

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree with you.

People lecturing expats that they need to leave if they have criticisms of things here are just obnoxious. Period. Such posts have NO VALUE whatsoever. 

Also they are dull and redundant. Completely unoriginal. The intellectual level of slugs. What percentage of the posts on this forum are variations of such dreck?

Yes you get the same thing with expats everywhere. 

I'll agree it's not exactly the same thing as talking about your home country, but it's a variation on a theme of bullying idiocy. 

Hey, I'm not lecturing people against criticism. I criticize. It's everyone's right to criticize things they view as unfair, unjust or simply bad. But the bottom line--for myself as much as anyone here--is that if things here get so bad that I can no longer tolerate them, I will have no choice but to leave. Not lecturing. Just stating reality.

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

So you prefer to live in a 2nd world country instead of a 1st world country right now because the west is finished in the future. Smart.

Yeah, I`m really smart!

Correction needed to your post: It´s not a 2nd world country, 3 or 4 would fit better, and that´s OK with me, all the chaos, the lawlessness, the low IQ of people, the smiles, also the stupid smiles, all fine, and the most important, you can buy gold and survive the next worldwide financial crash, but I´ll stop now, you don´t know anything about that it seems..

Yeah its tragic how many force themselves to live in "a shithole"  maybe they were brought up that way to just accept life in whatever form

not my style but you get criticized for mentioning that on here

4 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

Hey, I'm not lecturing people against criticism. I criticize. It's everyone's right to criticize things they view as unfair, unjust or simply bad. But the bottom line--for myself as much as anyone here--is that if that things here get so bad that I can no longer tolerate them, I will have no choice but to leave. Not lecturing. Just stating reality.

That has nothing to do with what I said. I'm referring to he BULLYING posts we always get, saying just go home if you're not totally thrilled with everything here. OBVIOUSLY if your feeling or experience is as EXTREMELY and TOTALLY negative as you describe you would have already left. I find that a cheap deflection from my overall defense against the BULLYING. Again, it has no value. It's stupid, obnoxious, and mean. Probably many of the people posting such garbage don't even LIVE here and don't like their unrealistic FANTSIES of what living here would be disturbed. 

19 minutes ago, madmen said:

Wont go down well. The long term expats prefer listening to crickets on some god forsaken mountain out in the sticks..seriously why would any normal outgoing person fly half way around the world to do that here? plenty better places in Europe, OZ ,north America Canada where you can fish and hunt with great non sexual scenery if thats your thing

weird. i have heard that are other things to do.

live in Hollywood all my life. been there, done that.

i just like Thai girls now.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh please. Having criticisms is not the same as bashing everything Thai. That's another thing the love it or leave BULLIES do. They exaggerate wildly. They hear some criticisms of anything Thai and they label the post or the person as a Thai basher. For them, it's 100 percent this or 100 percent that. That's simple minded. 

You appear to be very, very angry and bitter..

You know about projection? Try reading some C.G. Jung.

With your 96,706 posts, I actually think you´ve been here way too long, maybe better to move back, and be happy?

????

4 minutes ago, wilailuk said:

Yeah, I`m really smart!

Correction needed to your post: It´s not a 2nd world country, 3 or 4 would fit better, and that´s OK with me, all the chaos, the lawlessness, the low IQ of people, the smiles, also the stupid smiles, all fine, and the most important, you can buy gold and survive the next worldwide financial crash, but I´ll stop now, you don´t know anything about that it seems..

4th world countries don´t exist and Thailand is no 3rd world country anymore. 

Well, interesting in which ambience you live and like to live...

4 minutes ago, wilailuk said:

You appear to be very, very angry and bitter..

You know about projection? Try reading some C.G. Jung.

With your 96,706 posts, I actually think you´ve been here way too long, maybe better to move back, and be happy?

????

Maybe mind your own business about the timing of my moving decisions, if any. I didn't ask for such personal advice here and it is very unwelcome.

I have studied Jung, yes, but prefer Freud. 

I don't know about angry and bitter, but yes I really do hate bullies and in my mind the MOVE AWAY posts are the work of BULLIES. 

The only time it would be polite to post anything like that is if a person comes on here and asks for advice about whether to leave or not after detailing their personal situation and pros and cons they think on the decision. But it's almost never like that. It's just random injections of mindless obnoxious BULLYING. How does that have any value to ANYONE? 

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

I came for the music, that has given me more fun than anything anywhere, plus the Mrs does not like the UK, too many foreigners and too dirty she says!

Ah yes. The music. I forgot that in my list, and the rockets and the pageantary and the festivals and Morlam, and the Phuket 9 gods festival and and monkey festival and the elephant round up and all the rest. Most people who complain about Thailand have not explored it.

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

4th world countries don´t exist and Thailand is no 3rd world country anymore. 

Well, interesting in which ambience you live and like to live...

Here in the sticks 330 km north of BKK it´s def. 4th W. - so it exists, at least for me!

Ambience? I had my best times down in Phuket when I first came here, driving around on motorcy with no helmet, and only t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, with a hooker on the backseat, a wonder I survived those crazy years! 

7 minutes ago, wilailuk said:

Here in the sticks 330 km north of BKK it´s def. 4th W. - so it exists, at least for me!

Go to Bangladesh or some African countries, then you know what a real 3rd world country is. I guess also 330 km north of Bangkok you have public water and electricity. Also a hospital is not 200 km away. This you don´t have in 3rd world countries. 

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Feels like I am the only one who does not have a problem,with this "shit hole"

as its been called,I go to immigration once a year for a few hours,post 90 days

in,before did it online,even easier,but have new passport,so cannot.

30 odd years ago,I was just going to be passing through Thailand,liked it and

decided to stay,wonder what i would be doing now if i had ended up in my

intended destination, Costa Rica ?,who I be happier,I don't think so,happy

enough here, Thailand has been very good to me,so i am going nowhere.

Complain about the Government ?,I do ,but they don't effect me at all,

I have a wonderful wife,yes there are honest,faithful and caring Thai woman,

a lovely daughter,and everything to cater for my pretty simple needs,dont

drink,dont smoke,dont whore around, sound like a boring old fart,but I

have seen the World, 80 odd countries,when it was a much better place,

many i would not want to go back to.experienced life,the good and bad,

I have just about achieved everything I planned for my life as a young lad,

best not to fulfill all your dreams as you will have nothing to live for.

regards Worgeordie        P.S. the grass is not always greener on the otherside !

The grass on the other side may not be greener but certified Pattaya-Mongers will insist that the P*ssy on the other side might be pinker than on this side of the fence.
Who rules the wold? = Uncle Testosterone and brother Mammon.

I only know 3 things:
- To stay in a country only because wife wants to stay there (OP), is not enough.
- To stay in a country only because cost of living is lower than in home-country is not enough.
- To stay in the south of France? After a while one might discover that compared to Pattaya (for example), the south of France will prove to be an overprized, rather boring place.
Pattaya is nice this time of year. The year consists of 12 months.

Please understand, when posting this, I did not say that I was right or that you who have another opinion where wrong, I only asked about your opinion about living as a "farrang" in Thailand.

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Could you please explain. I have never been in Australia, I have never talked about Australia except the answer to your post so I really do not understand what you are trying to say.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

what rights do you expect ?

What rights do you get in Australia ? US  ? EU ?

so there's no corruption in Australia ? US or anywhere …. only Thailand  ?

Please explain what immigration have done / changed in the past , that is any different from other countries that makes your life harder here  ??

Let me know when you can provide real evidence and not just trumpet blowing ….

I agree with your post Steven, except the bit, "Please explain what immigration have done / changed in the past". There is an expat friend of mine who I have known for years, now left his Thai wife and moved back to the UK because of all the unnecessary hoop jumping by Thai immigration.

I'm sure that I don't need to explain again what hoop jumping has gone on, it has been mentioned by posters here on Thaivisa often enough.

9 hours ago, Parsve said:

I surely understand that I am in the wrong place, but I do not understand why it is wrong to find  that a country that say it is democratic and act as Thailand is hard to believe.

It's like an animal rights activists getting box seats at a bull fight.  Who is nutty?  

9 hours ago, wilailuk said:

You are not in Kansas anymore, get used to it, or move out..

????

PS: Here´s a tiny lesson for you, I found it somewhere else:

"This society has been shaped into what it is by the royalists, elites and aristocrats that have run this country since its beginnings. This mean streak we experience is part of the class society that exists here, in which those below you mean nothing and are nothing, and certainly shouldn't vote.

And the democrats, they are the right wing political arm that these people created to pretend that this country is a democracy whilst in reality is just an authoritarian system with little regards for the well being of its citizens.

It doesn't matter - as I have said many times before - my fight is against the elites and royalist of this country that have ruined it for generations past and generations to come. 

The fact remains - what are we going to see come out from this this situation? Are we going to see some sort of reform? Is the government going to really go after the police and military corruption that is rampant and deep rooted? Not a chance, not a chance in hell."

Again.. you are far away from home, and I would recommend you go back ASAP..

Another member of the "if you don't like it go home" brigade.  posting more nonsense.

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I agree with your post Steven, except the bit, "Please explain what immigration have done / changed in the past". There is an expat friend of mine who I have known for years, now left his Thai wife and moved back to the UK because of all the unnecessary hoop jumping by Thai immigration.

I'm sure that I don't need to explain again what hoop jumping has gone on, it has been mentioned by posters here on Thaivisa often enough.

Anyone who was legal getting a retirement extension and had sufficient money in the bank would not have any problems.  This topic is why you live in Thailand and you've turned it around 180 degrees and talking about why people left.  

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Another member of the "if you don't like it go home" brigade.  posting more nonsense.

What is wrong with suggesting to someone if you don't like it go home?  Most don't live in Thailand anyway.  It gets tiring all the negative waves.  Try positive thoughts and be a problem solver and not a negative nanny.  

11 hours ago, Parsve said:

where you not have to pay more for getting street food or get into for example a museum or a national park

In  the USA it is common practice that prices for locals are less than people from out of the area... this is true at county golf courses and especially at State Universities where out of state people pay far more.. 

Not sure why you would pay more for street food? 

11 hours ago, Parsve said:

If you can tell me that any of those statement I have  mention above is wrong, I will apologise.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree with you.

People lecturing expats that they need to leave if they have criticisms of things here are just obnoxious. Period. Such posts have NO VALUE whatsoever. 

Also they are dull and redundant. Completely unoriginal. The intellectual level of slugs. What percentage of the posts on this forum are variations of such dreck?

Yes you get the same thing with expats everywhere. 

I'll agree it's not exactly the same thing as talking about your home country, but it's a variation on a theme of bullying idiocy. 

Excellent post JT, could not agree more.

6 hours ago, Parsve said:

I only asked about your opinion about living as a "farrang" in Thailand.

My opinion is that I have a great life here. I love the people and culture and my life is far more interesting here than it would be back in the homeland... neither place is perfect, but why would I expect that. There are going to be minor annoyances anywhere you live... 

Archived