Thinking about using an agent this year

22 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

once you start with an agent ,you will always need use one as the agent wont leave 800,000 in your bank after you get your extension.

nor leave 400,000 in for the remainder of the year

so your at their mercy if they wish to charge you next year 25,000...30,000...40,000

And if they do, it’s still worth it if you don’t have the money to put in the bank. Whatever they charge will be cheaper than moving.

10 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Brilliant move discussing criminal activity on an open forum. You are not the victims of stricter immigration rules. You are the cause of them.

Agree fully. Why do farang have to keep going on and on and on about it. 

You either use it or you don't. These guys on here discussing this type of visa processing are the cause for IO tightening rules.

Just do it and shut up about it. imo

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I have used agents then switched back to doing it myself, then used an agent again, then switched to marriage extension. Never had any problems. If they look back as to whether you met the seasoning requirements last year (pre or post) there will be a big tick from a high level IO.

Bingo !   Going from using and agent to doing it yourself anytime or switching back posses no problem whatsoever.

enough said imo.  end of story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
24 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
Bht 800,000 is £21,000 today. How many properties in UK would you have to sell to raise that amount please?

But you can't sell only £21k of a house

Sorry I was being sarky in my post. He could however re-mortgage or borrow against a property.

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
50 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
Bht 800,000 is £21,000 today. How many properties in UK would you have to sell to raise that amount please?

But you can't sell only £21k of a house

get a mortgage

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i have yet to find an answer why nearly every one on a retirement permit, has to keep £10,000 in a kin Thai bank for NO REASON whatsoever, can count me out for starters, (and yes in know about the 65,000 baht ok)

Since you give your location as a town in the UK I thought that wouldn't even need saying

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Brilliant move discussing criminal activity on an open forum. You are not the victims of stricter immigration rules. You are the cause of them.

Some on here think there's no way someone in authority can read English lol. Perhaps if it was not common knowledge and in print on a daily basis the agent use could go on indefinitely. But imo this may become a matter of face for some in the government with it discussed openly as it is, and we all know what happens when certain folks lose face.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcnx said:

If you don’t want hassle or risk of getting denied, or just don’t want to wait in line, an agent is the way to go.

It’s a small price to pay for convenience and peace of mind. 

Indeed. But in your example we're talking (I think...?) about LEGITIMATE agents. Which, in my experience, cost a couple of thousand baht. Used one last year in CM to double check my paperwork (which had errors that would have sent me back to the end of the line); and speaking of the line, he got me a nice upfront spot in the queue -- and I didn't have to arrive at 4:00AM, but instead at a decent hour.

But most of these agent threads, including this one, aren't differentiating between LEGITIMATE agents and ILLEGITIMATE agents. The latter, of course, are those charging 25000 baht or so -- and are skirting the required financial requirements.

So, it gets complicated to know on these threads just what kind of agent is being talked about. The agent I used last year is still in business; still only charges a couple of thousand baht; facilitates matters at Immigration; and even will drive me there, thus avoiding a parking problem. Worth it to me. Now, he knows I meet all the requirements, so charges accordingly. But I do wonder if he has an adjunct service for those without the finances..... Maybe I'll ask him.....

Anyway, to prevent confusion over whether or not we're talking a legitimate service, or an under the table service -- why not label the former "2000bt agents" and the latter "25000bt agents." At least then we'll have an idea on what's being talked about....

Edited by JimGant
  • Like 1

A couple of my friends have used an agent for 20k includes multi entry and additional 500b for each 90 reporting as an option so no visits to immigration anymore.

this is a cheaper option because my bank of seas transfer rate v bringing in cash is better for me

But if you never travel best to do yourself

Nobody knows what will happen next year if rule will change but the current setup for transfer and high baht does not suit me now.

Immigration want more kickbacks and have seized this opportunity with the new rules

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sameasb4 said:

A couple of my friends have used an agent for 20k includes multi entry and additional 500b for each 90 reporting as an option so no visits to immigration anymore.

this is a cheaper option because my bank of seas transfer rate v bringing in cash is better for me

But if you never travel best to do yourself

Nobody knows what will happen next year if rule will change but the current setup for transfer and high baht does not suit me now.

Immigration want more kickbacks and have seized this opportunity with the new rules

Your friends are paying too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Your friends are paying too much.

Yes they should be called rip off merchants

13,000 Baht or so is OK to avoid the hassle of dealing with Immigration  -  or if you can't meet the criteria.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I have used agents then switched back to doing it myself, then used an agent again, then switched to marriage extension. Never had any problems. If they look back as to whether you met the seasoning requirements last year (pre or post) there will be a big tick from a high level IO.

Sure, BEFORE and 100,000 % NOT relevant now, when it was ONLY 800,000 before and that money could be used throughout the year to live on.

BUT NOW, your required to keep 800,000 3 months AFTER you get your extension and than never less than 400,000

if you switch back to try and do it on your own they will see that you did NOT keep the balance when you submit your bank book copies.

Anyway, go ahead and try next year and report back how its sooooo unfair   LOL

the goal posts have changed!!!

Edited by phuketrichard

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

15,000 to 20,000 is not what I regard as a small price.

20000-fee

1900-extension-

3800- multiple re-entry-

6200- worth this cost if you don't have 800,000 or don't want the hassle.

-----

8100 net

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Even if you could get a decent agent for 20,000 THB ... (Think closer to 25,000) ... all that to "save" 6,768 THB?

Wait until next year when immigration asks you where you live, and why you used a service 800 KM from your home.

Enjoy that.

You sink to mutt ????

• Like 1