Pattaya Impressions After Years Away

gk10002000

Good and positive post. Apparently, if other posters, on different threads, are to be believed, people like you don't come here anymore.

Try the Swan for brekky on Soi Yamoto (13/1), 2nd Road end. Not a buffet but plentiful, costs 189 Baht.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

• Like 2

Good review....check out the new places, Around Soi Buakao,  Fairground racer bar, scooters bar, Kink go go. Fish n  chips and chowmein on corner of soi LKM and Soi Buakao. The meat factory in ...soi lenkee, the comfort soi Cozy beach. Cherries 3rd road remains unchanged. Good luck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Good review....check out the new places, Around Soi Buakao,  Fairground racer bar, scooters bar, Kink go go. Fish n  chips and chowmein on corner of soi LKM and Soi Buakao. The meat factory in ...soi lenkee, the comfort soi Cozy beach. Cherries 3rd road remains unchanged. Good luck.

Cherry's on Third Road? I believe that closed a month ago.

http://www.cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I may be an engineer but I am way behind the times on smart phones, and wifi, etc. 

Suggest you get with the times and use twitter for short and pithy observations.  War and Peace length essays are so passe.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

LK Metro area about the same as before with a few more places open. 

Really great post Op. thanks. could you stop by Devils Den and ask if Gem is still working there? Thanks.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Still marvel that I would spend less if I stayed one month then if I stayed 3 weeks!  But that will be for the next longer trip. 

If that is true why not just pay for the month and leave early?

• Thanks 1

My impressions from Pattaya last month after 3 years away were very similar. The real big difference is of course less westerners - but I actually found that nice - I didn't go there to meet guys, lol. I did see some Chinese/Korean/Japanese in some of the gogos, but no Indians. Gogos were really hit or miss with some full of girls and clients, others completely dead.

Out of curiosity - in some of the gogo's like Skyfall the uglier girls were VERY pushy and aggressive in trying to get you to talk to them and buy them drinks - even if you indicated you weren't interested they kept insisting. Has it always been like that? Or is this due to the lack of customers/slow season?

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Really great post Op. thanks. could you stop by Devils Den and ask if Gem is still working there? Thanks.

Off topic I know, but check on the DD website they they have up to date profiles of all the girls

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

The longer I stay away........the better I like it.

Gets worse every year and they wonder why tourism is dow.n

And the longer you and your ilk stay away, the better it is.

Breakfast buffet at LK royal residence was poor. 

Not five minutes walk from there, directly opposite the entrance to Memorial Hospital is a fabulous coffee shop with excellent food at great prices. It's called Malamoute Cafe. I used it daily on my last trip. A great place for breakfast. You can look it up on Trip Advisor to see the menu etc.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.