Need drink suggestions for home (bar)

Gumballl

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Well, don't want to rain on your parade but :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/12086226/Red-wine-is-bad-for-you-say-experts.html

But what do they know. If people listened to experts we would all have died ages ago. There is almost nothing that some expert here or there has said is not good for you. Coconut oil , broccoli , eggs .... the list is almost endless. What should we do ...starve ourselves to death ?

Life is for living and you are a long time dead. I am usually moderate in most things but sometimes I just have to let rip to see if I can still be a 61 year old teenager. Of course I can't but not ready yet to give up trying.

I agree.

Take any rat, from anywhere in the world, sink it in 6 feet of any known liquid, and when the rat dies, all of the sudden the liquid is labelled toxic, if not harmful to humankind.

Buddha had it right; anything should be consumed in moderation.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Emmess said:

Available at Big C, Tops 7/11 and Tesco. Just checked out their FB page. They are also selling as a ready to drink version in cans THB 32

Is a litre bottle not a 'ready-to-drink' version?  lol

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Well, don't want to rain on your parade but :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/12086226/Red-wine-is-bad-for-you-say-experts.html

But what do they know. If people listened to experts we would all have died ages ago. There is almost nothing that some expert here or there has said is not good for you. Coconut oil , broccoli , eggs .... the list is almost endless. What should we do ...starve ourselves to death ?

Life is for living and you are a long time dead. I am usually moderate in most things but sometimes I just have to let rip to see if I can still be a 61 year old teenager. Of course I can't but not ready yet to give up trying.

That's an interesting review, started in 2012. I could probably list - if I could be bothered - hundreds of world-wide scientific reviews since 2016 when this review was reported that would dispute these findings and update everyone.

Unfortunately, this one that you've mentioned was probably financed by the medical fraternity who want you to keep on buying their drugs and supported by a government who didn't want the NHS to collapse if everyone started drinking to excess - it was a frightener, nothing else. 

Regrettably, it's all about politics nowadays. Otherwise I am in accord with your post. Nutrition is not an exact science. And we are all individuals with different DNA. what could suit one could be toxic to another. 

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Lah Khao wish Shweppes bitter lemon. 

à¸à¹à¸§à¸à¸ªà¹à¸¡à¸°à¸à¸²à¸§à¹à¸à¸à¸² 330มล. 1 à¸à¸£à¸°à¸à¹à¸­à¸

Don't drink the common type of Lao Khao with the blue label. Bad smell. There is a newer brand with a white label and screw top which is odorless.

I am a sangsom drinker but never noticed the Lao khao with the white label you mention, only seen the blue, green and pink labels, do you have a picture of the bottle ?

Just now, Thainesss said:

A whole bunch of San Mig on ice. 

Beer... err, foreign light beer? ????

Forgive me to all.... I should have mentioned that I reside in the sticks. No transportation available, except maybe once a week to Korat.

Since arriving 2 weeks ago, I have run out of Jim Beam and Jack Daniels (which I brought with me). The latter can be bought for $40+ (ouch!) at Big C.

Still remaining in my inventory is two, maybe three, shots of Fireball, which I must periodically 'have' while drinking Thai light beer such as Leo.

1 minute ago, fishtank said:

Kurov Vodka with Schweppes ginger ale.

I just realised how many calories are in the Schweppes so am going to try it with sugar free coke or sugar free Sprite.

Neither Sprite nor Coke are free from 'sugar' because they replace that with artificial sweeteners, which are more toxic than sugar. Beware the hype and read the label. in fact, anything with a label on it is 'processed' and unhealthy.

Coca Cola and Pepsi are USA mega-rich companies that would stop at nothing to pollute their drinks with additives.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Samuba on Ice.

It tastes best if you wait a few moments to make sure it's really cold.

The coffee bean is optional. Personally I only have that with the hot Sambuca.

Schermata-2015-03-26-alle-17.58.16-1.jpg

Seriously, I like Sambuca. I drank it (err, it was served to me) when I was an 8-9 year old kid (I lived in Italy). But it is not a drink for those that drink like fishes.

11 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Kurov Vodka with Schweppes ginger ale.

I just realised how many calories are in the Schweppes so am going to try it with sugar free coke or sugar free Sprite.

I drink Tito's Vodka with diet Pepsi. Back home, people think I'm cuckoo. But hey, zero calories... and before the alcohol is metabolized into sugar, I piss it out.

P.S. I see an endocrine doctor; he is more concerned about my consumption of day-to-day carbohydrates. For example, bread, pasta, and rice.

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Neither Sprite nor Coke are free from 'sugar' because they replace that with artificial sweeteners, which are more toxic than sugar. Beware the hype and read the label. in fact, anything with a label on it is 'processed' and unhealthy.

Coca Cola and Pepsi are USA mega-rich companies that would stop at nothing to pollute their drinks with additives.

I think the op is looking for advice about drink suggestions for the home, not advice on his health.????????

3 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

Beer... err, foreign light beer? ????

Forgive me to all.... I should have mentioned that I reside in the sticks. No transportation available, except maybe once a week to Korat.

Since arriving 2 weeks ago, I have run out of Jim Beam and Jack Daniels (which I brought with me). The latter can be bought for $40+ (ouch!) at Big C.

Still remaining in my inventory is two, maybe three, shots of Fireball, which I must periodically 'have' while drinking Thai light beer such as Leo.

About time you moved to where it's civilised if you want to follow your drinking lifestyle. Otherwise, cease complaining - it's your choice.

1 minute ago, Gumballl said:

I drink Tito's Vodka with diet Pepsi. Back home, people think I'm cuckoo. But hey, zero calories... and before the alcohol is metabolized into sugar, I piss it out.

Contains artificial sweeteners that don't get pissed out, and are more toxic than sugar. Sorry. Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K) - look them up. 

god, the number of posters on here that haven't a clue that Pepsi and Coke in whatever shape or form are toxic drinks....

They deliberately deceive you to 'make profits'.

7 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

About time you moved to where it's civilised if you want to follow your drinking lifestyle. Otherwise, cease complaining - it's your choice.

Civilization (spelled correctly), to some, began with wine and beer, which the latter by today's standards would be considered by many to be piss from some furry animal. To which are you referring?

I am not complaining about my circumstance. I am merely inquiring about suggestions on making some interesting/exotic drinks from the limited selection I have living in the boonies of Thailand.

Since your post offered nothing constructive to help me on my quest for knowledge, I suspect (and laughingly do) that you are a troll with nothing better to do than haunt the posts on TV.

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

your point being?

You are not giving information for what he is asking, I honestly don't think he is interested in your opinion on how he can improve his health, that is my point, can't you see that.

It is becoming boring.

25 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I am a sangsom drinker but never noticed the Lao khao with the white label you mention, only seen the blue, green and pink labels, do you have a picture of the bottle ?

Thank god you asked. I was going to have a tee total day today but now out of the goodness of my heart I will nip out and get a bottle. No .........don't thank me or try to talk me out of it.

The pie in the oven will be nicely browned by the time I return.

2 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

Civilization (spelled correctly), to some, began with wine and beer, which the latter by today's standards would be considered by many to be piss from some furry animal. To which are you referring?

I am not complaining about my circumstance. I am merely inquiring about suggestions on making some interesting/exotic drinks from the limited selection I have living in the boonies of Thailand.

Since your post offered nothing constructive to help me on my quest for knowledge, I suspect (and laughingly do) suspect that you are a troll with nothing better to do than haunt the posts on TV.

In England it's 'civiliSation', not USA spelling with a Z. And English is the mother language, yes?

I respect you are in the boonies - it's your choice - but if you don't have access to the ingredients, you need to go somewhere where they are available.

So please don't accuse me of trolling - I am only stating the facts of your situation.  

14 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

Seriously, I like Sambuca. I drank it (err, it was served to me) when I was an 8-9 year old kid (I lived in Italy). But it is not a drink for those that drink like fishes.

Maybe try again.

I am not sure about the definition of how much fish drink. For me half a bottle for a night out sounds about right. But I drink it 90% of the time only outside. I am no home drinker.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are not giving information for what he is asking, I honestly don't think he is interested in your opinion on how he can improve his health, that is my point, can't you see that.

It is becoming boring.

I can see that you are intent on baiting me -as usual. I offered my opinion on the topic, why don't you offer yours? 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe try again.

I am not sure about the definition of how much fish drink. For me half a bottle for a night out sounds about right. But I drink it 90% of the time only outside. I am no home drinker.

I'm not judging; but a lot of sweetness in that intake. Maybe you are suggesting ice, then 1/10 Sambuca, and 9/10 other.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

6 bottles of beer … either ice cold Leo or Chang, and a couple of Shweppes bitter lemon with Gin (slice of lime) Gordons dry gin.  I'm half pissed already … lol 

After 6 beers and a couple of gins I would be comatose

Ah carp, I am sobering up. Leo is the great rehydrator (yes, I am making up my own words).

Btw, the Thai-style calamari, and fried shrimp my wife has just made for me had no effect on my state of being. It just makes me thirstier.

To alleviate my symptoms, I will need to soon tap a new bottle of rum.

Archived