Thailand’s massive problem

We need to find more income,” he said.

Oh, I forgot...the expat community is a ready available source of additional income...

Let's come up with a new form to charge 1000 baht each...require a photo, copies of house book, TM6, TM30, passport pages, lease agreement, bank book pages, and to help Thai airlines...a paid ticket to exit the kingdom...

We love having the expat community in our land...yes sir we do!   ????

Oh well. Time to come out of retirement and do my bit for the gene pool.

I will explain to the wife what a selfless sacrifice I am making and hope to receive her blessing.

Of course the resultant population explosion might not be 100 percent Thai , but were they ever ?

25 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

We need to find more income,” he said.

Oh, I forgot...the expat community is a ready available source of additional income...

Let's come up with a new form to charge 1000 baht each...require a photo, copies of house book, TM6, TM30, passport pages, lease agreement, bank book pages, and to help Thai airlines...a paid ticket to exit the kingdom...

We love having the expat community in our land...yes sir we do!   ????

Maybe they should just offer a retirement visa where you only need to donate 3,000 baht per month to a retirement fund, then you are granted an extension. No 800k in the bank, no minimum income. Multiple that by 100,000 retirees, and you have 300 million baht a month to assist the Thai elderly.

The reports a bit shit really .........

"One potential source of relief, though, may come from Thailand’s openness to immigration—an attitude that separates it from other places with population problems like South Korea and Japan."

Apparently they think Thailand welcomes immigrants.

A post lobbying members to sign a petition that has been posted across multiple topics has been removed:

Forum Netiquette

4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The reports a bit shit really .........

"One potential source of relief, though, may come from Thailand’s openness to immigration—an attitude that separates it from other places with population problems like South Korea and Japan."

Apparently they think Thailand welcomes immigrants.

They do...from ASEAN Nations. And In general Thailand is more relaxed than Japan regarding immigration. 

19 minutes ago, Issannative said:

Ya Thai don't mind economic slaves that they can exploit from neighbouring countries

You should probably check the dictionary.  The poor folks from Burma come to Thailand to work the Mexicans to America and people from Poland to the UK.  Nothing to do with slavery.  That was outlawed in Thailand in 1905.  I know you think it's cute to use the word in an improper context but it is not accurate.  

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Oh well. Time to come out of retirement and do my bit for the gene pool.

I will explain to the wife what a selfless sacrifice I am making and hope to receive her blessing.

Of course the resultant population explosion might not be 100 percent Thai , but were they ever ?

I'd suggest ensuring diversity by moving from province to province.

"One potential source of relief, though, may come from Thailand’s openness to immigration—an attitude that separates it from other places with population problems like South Korea and Japan. Foreigners make up 10% of Thailand’s overall workforce, with higher numbers at the biggest companies.

“Foreign workers are more than willing to fill the gap,” said Pakpoom Srichamni, president of Sino-Thai Engineering & Construction Pcl, a Bangkok-based firm of 10,000 workers, 30% of whom aren’t Thai."

TM30 will end this.

The article is not quite right about the causes. As the Thai middle class grows, they have fewer children. Wealth = less children.

Of course, the biggest problem for Thailand will be in 20 or so years when children will no longer be able to support their parents (unlike current and previous generations). Pensions will have to go up. Sooner or later Thailand will need to drastically reduce its pubic sector.

Twenty five years ago, my ex's father in Isaan received a visit from the local community nurse, distributing condoms, but apparently with little advice dispensed on their use.

He found this new brand of 'maak farang' (chewing gum) rather tough on his remaining teeth.

1 minute ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Twenty five years ago, my ex's father in Isaan received a visit from the local community nurse, distributing condoms, but apparently with little advice dispensed on their use.

He found this new brand of 'maak farang' (chewing gum) rather tough on his remaining teeth.

Why am I not surprised?  

49 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

The article is not quite right about the causes. As the Thai middle class grows, they have fewer children. Wealth = less children.

Of course, the biggest problem for Thailand will be in 20 or so years when children will no longer be able to support their parents (unlike current and previous generations). Pensions will have to go up. Sooner or later Thailand will need to drastically reduce its pubic sector.

Or start collecting taxes.  

Many way it good. 

Less people = less pollution, less chemi.

Better for forest, animal, air.

thailand have a lot of food.

we won’t let the old people hungry. 

Archived