Thailand’s massive problem

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The reports a bit shit really .........

"One potential source of relief, though, may come from Thailand’s openness to immigration—an attitude that separates it from other places with population problems like South Korea and Japan."

Apparently they think Thailand welcomes immigrants.

Bloomberg reporters must be drinking the kool-aid. 

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Many way it good. 

Less people = less pollution, less chemi.

Better for forest, animal, air.

thailand have a lot of food.

we won’t let the old people hungry. 

yes, of course, not the old ones, but what about the young ones??? they are the ones to care about.

It's only a problem if you think this life has to be extended indefinitely.

That is the "problem" in the West.

It could be a problem in Thailand, if there are not enough new human bodies to be inhabited by recently released spirits, who, pre-deceased, have lived an existence that would qualify them to inhabit another (maybe better) human "vessel".

It could mean a lot of punch ups in the spirit queue for ones next "earthly vehicle", as spirits compete to avoid returning as a soi dog because "no have" enough humans.

That could spill over into the material plane.

Not to mention lots more wandering, unhappy "phi".

The answer would be to increase tuition and instruction for more people to attain Nirvana, thus reducing demand for bodies/earthly existence.

They need to start that ASAP.

(This typed while, coincidentally, final part of "Dream of Gerontius" is playing on the radio)

22 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

We need to find more income,” he said.

Oh, I forgot...the expat community is a ready available source of additional income...

Let's come up with a new form to charge 1000 baht each...require a photo, copies of house book, TM6, TM30, passport pages, lease agreement, bank book pages, and to help Thai airlines...a paid ticket to exit the kingdom...

We love having the expat community in our land...yes sir we do!   ????

Expats are a dead non factor now.

Get in touch with what is going on.

would help me if someone could copy and post that Bloomberg report; i've reached my monthly limit.

And a reminder concerning post #9 and the petition seeking expats to sign in hopes of influencing the Thai Govt to abolish the TM30 requirements.

Look for that petition on another forum, get your mates together (Thais welcome too), all sign on and we might get hundreds of thousands to press the govt.

41 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

would help me if someone could copy and post that Bloomberg report; i've reached my monthly limit.

And a reminder concerning post #9 and the petition seeking expats to sign in hopes of influencing the Thai Govt to abolish the TM30 requirements.

Look for that petition on another forum, get your mates together (Thais welcome too), all sign on and we might get hundreds of thousands to press the govt.

I sent the report to you in a PM. Wasn't sure if it was okay to post here.

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

would it help if i tell you by opening a new window for each Bloomberg report you have unlimited access? :smile:

On 7/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

They do...from ASEAN Nations. And In general Thailand is more relaxed than Japan regarding immigration. 

Thailand has something more like temporary legal workers, or illegal workers, they don’t have immigration.  Is that not why our visas are called NON-immigrant?  The definition of immigrant usually means permanent.  Or at least that intent.  We don’t have that with marriage or under any circumstances ...unless the Burmese have special rights I never heard about????

5 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

The article is not quite right about the causes. As the Thai middle class grows, they have fewer children. Wealth = less children.

Of course, the biggest problem for Thailand will be in 20 or so years when children will no longer be able to support their parents (unlike current and previous generations). Pensions will have to go up. Sooner or later Thailand will need to drastically reduce its pubic sector.

The pubic sector will be drastically reduced, I hope ???? Jokes aside: any non-government employee in Thailand gets a pension of 600 baht a month at the age of 60, 700 baht at the age of 70 etc. That's not sustainable by any means, most who don't have children looking after them are kept alive by goodwill from their fellow villagers, barely scraping by. The ever increasing prices and the lack of policies to improve the life for the people with lesser means is a huge problem.

12 minutes ago, bergan said:

The pubic sector will be drastically reduced, I hope ???? Jokes aside: any non-government employee in Thailand gets a pension of 600 baht a month at the age of 60, 700 baht at the age of 70 etc. That's not sustainable by any means, most who don't have children looking after them are kept alive by goodwill from their fellow villagers, barely scraping by. The ever increasing prices and the lack of policies to improve the life for the people with lesser means is a huge problem.

Only one way.  ????

On 7/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, BritManToo said:

The reports a bit shit really .........

"One potential source of relief, though, may come from Thailand’s openness to immigration—an attitude that separates it from other places with population problems like South Korea and Japan."

Apparently they think Thailand welcomes immigrants.

From what I understand they temporarily welcome tax paying worker from other country. 

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

From what I understand they temporarily welcome tax paying worker from other country. 

If they did, they would provide proper guidance as to how a foreigner working online can stay legally. They don't.

8 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

And what about tax paying workers wanting to stay permanently, some of them making a lot of money? Not talking about visas here, I'm talking about being able to work and pay taxes, doing everything above board. There is no freelancer visa or similar, Thailand and their laws are way behind most countries.

On 7/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Puchaiyank said:

We need to find more income,” he said.

We love having the expat community in our land...yes sir we do!   ????

We , us aliens/ visitors ,  are indeed privileged , to be allowed a temporary visit to the Kiingdom.

Try explaining that to your soon to be , ex wife / darling.

She tell me everyday gbp down , no good..

less people is a good thing

thailand did it right ... sell crappy food in 7/11 full of chemicals and preservatives

let it warm into a plastic box in a microwave

ideal to get the GAY genes going 

less male/female couples = less children

thailand nr 1

21 hours ago, bergan said:

And what about tax paying workers wanting to stay permanently, some of them making a lot of money? Not talking about visas here, I'm talking about being able to work and pay taxes, doing everything above board. There is no freelancer visa or similar, Thailand and their laws are way behind most countries.

I said that they welcome foreigner temporarily. As for online work I guess it's  like any other business. If you have 4 Thai workers for 1 foreigner then you are welcome. 

Archived