Please explain this to me...

17 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I’m in 50s, but still can attract cute students (girls) ???? in 20s, especially those who could be high maintenance. They will figure it out after a week or so that my budget is limited. She leaves, mostly after a night and a few others after a month. 

Never ending story. 

I've met people like you but could never understand the motivation of harming women as you seem to take pleasure in doing.  

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the couple is happy what business is it of yours? If you are not self confident, ok. But why afflict others with it? Yes, I agree I would never dress that way. So what? Sometimes I wonder why this beautiful young person is with me and just am happy.

I was in a bar beer the other night and a farang who was wobbly from ill health and had veins popping etc was laughing at a huge guy walking by. I guess it's good to feel superior.

Well I see my post totally missed the mark. I like to write myself little vignettes of the quirks I encounter in Thailand and I meant this as a feeble attempt at humour and meant to be tongue in cheek.

I am surprised at the amount of negativity, bile and outright hostility in the comments. My apologies to those it offended and will refrain from posting such ‘essays’ in the future.

To those who are offended by my post, I would avoid like the plague  Herman cartoons and any humorous/books essays about life anywhere – Shakespeare included, since they are full of ageism, animalisms, sexism, plantisms, computerisms and any other labels you want to apply to them!

All the best

52 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I've met people like you but could never understand the motivation of harming women as you seem to take pleasure in doing.  

Harming? How?

Men and women are equal. Age is just a number (although 25 is the age minimum for my partner). Doesn't sound like there are promises broken.

I tell women "you are too young for me to marry" and they still come. Everyone is looking for something, though they may not know or say what it is.

To assume these women are victims is offensive on many levels. "You can't take care of me" is a standard break-up line for Thai girls. It means nothing, just that they are gone.

My honest complaint is that Thai women lie online about their age, upwards. Have wasted too much time chatting up women who lie about their age and/or education in the hopes of landing a quality husband.

4 minutes ago, Such a Hairy Guy said:

Well I see my post totally missed the mark. I like to write myself little vignettes of the quirks I encounter in Thailand and I meant this as a feeble attempt at humour and meant to be tongue in cheek.

I am surprised at the amount of negativity, bile and outright hostility in the comments. My apologies to those it offended and will refrain from posting such ‘essays’ in the future.

To those who are offended by my post, I would avoid like the plague  Herman cartoons and any humorous/books essays about life anywhere – Shakespeare included, since they are full of ageism, animalisms, sexism, plantisms, computerisms and any other labels you want to apply to them!

All the best

Welcome to TV.

As an apology to the offended, you should post a picture of your hairy back.

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Harming? How?

You know they think you have much more than you actually have and in the beginning you lead them on which creates heartbreak and perhaps many more problems.  It certainly is not something a gentleman would do.  

5 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Men and women are equal. Age is just a number (although 25 is the age minimum for my partner). Doesn't sound like there are promises broken.

Men and women are not equal especially in Thailand.  They have an inferior education and know little about the outside world and your kind of person.  Age is important in Thailand as the average Thai 25 year old is about as sophisticated as the average Western 15 year old.  

11 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

To assume these women are victims is offensive on many levels. "You can't take care of me" is a standard break-up line for Thai girls. It means nothing, just that they are gone.

All of these Thai women have fathers and brothers and they all have guns.  You will eventually meet one.  An angry one.  Hope you can run and dodge.  Happened to an acquaintance of mine he was a teacher the father had a shotgun. 

If you don't know that Thai cops and army don't like you now is the time to learn. 

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yep.

ps........let you in on a little secret;

TG has been a scruffy, unkempt, unshaven, heavily tattoo'ed urchin since his teenage years.

I had some of the prettiest, raunchiest, most fun, girls back in my homeland, because some girls like to party and like the bad boys.

I could go out without looking in the mirror, steel toe cap work boots on, greasy black Levis, torn lumberjack shirt over an offensive t shirt, and the smart office worker, who'd shaved, aftershaved, iron creased shirt and slacks (:cheesy:), nice trendy slip on brogue thingies and the latest haircut would wonder why the girl he fancied was draped all over me...

Congratulations, I do love a good bullshitter.

Was it the vibrations of the Harley that sealed the deal?

On 7/28/2019 at 10:16 PM, Yinn said:

We don’t have a low opinion of farangs. Everyone different. Some is great, most ok, some not good. Same every country. Good and bad people.

But the farang you talk about, the Grandpa Fatty Farang with the sex worker “girlfriend”. Walk in restaurant, hotel, street same real girlfriend. Like teenager.

Yes, we think that it stupid. Not just thai people think it, i think every people think it the same.

But we know that not all farang the same. If polite, patient, no problem.

And how do you know they are sex worker? Oh that's right they come from Isan!

On 7/29/2019 at 8:34 AM, Gecko123 said:

Most Thai people think every Thai woman with a foreign guy is/was a prostitute. If there is big age difference between the guy and the woman, they are ready to bet the farm that she is a prostitute. If there is small age difference or she is older than him, maybe not ready to bet the farm, but still think she is/was a prostitute. When woman is same age as guy, they just think the guy not good looking enough or rich enough to get young girl. If woman is older than him, they feel sorry for him, wonder if he has cataracts or glacoma, cannot see clearly.

So I don't believe when you say 'Thai people look down on this kind of Thai-farang couple, but respect everyone else.' Many things you say about Thai people I think reflect how Thais would like to see themselves, but doesn't mean in real life that's true. You are talking to people on this forum who have lived in Thailand a long time, not first-time tourists to Thailand who accept everything they hear from concierge at hotel.

When I lived in Bangkok I got so sick of judgemental Thais staring at my partner and I. In Australia some still stare but because of the age difference not because they think she is a whore.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

You know they think you have much more than you actually have and in the beginning you lead them on which creates heartbreak and perhaps many more problems.  It certainly is not something a gentleman would do.  

what would a gold digger do?

hmmmmmmm

I think you are mistaken about what a gentleman is.

in any case, a gentleman is not a person consenting to sex because he thinks there is money to be made.

I suggest you bring in your moral compass for re-adjustment.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Congratulations, I do love a good bullshitter.

Was it the vibrations of the Harley that sealed the deal?

No bullshit.

I never lie, nor exaggerate.

Why should i?

Oh, yeah, as you mention it, i have fornicated on my Harley, and just as she's about to... she tells me quick start the bike.

Daylight afternoon sesh in the woods, circa late 90's.

Jealous?

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

No bullshit.

I never lie, nor exaggerate.

Why should i?

Oh, yeah, as you mention it, i have fornicated on my Harley, and just as she's about to... she tells me quick start the bike.

Daylight afternoon sesh in the woods, circa late 90's.

Jealous?

Not at all, I've had my share.

Forgive my cynicism, it's so hard to detect truth from behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

You've never lied or exaggerated? Send me your details so I can start the canonization process.

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Gold diggers just move from one to another. I won’t lie I don’t play games. I’m just an innocent man “a nice target to them”. I just don’t meet “their” requirements for long term relationship. 

Be realistic, “I’m not the one who plays the game”.  

33 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Gold diggers just move from one to another. I won’t lie I don’t play games. I’m just an innocent man “a nice target to them”. I just don’t meet “their” requirements for long term relationship. 

Be realistic, “I’m not the one who plays the game”.  

You are assuming I haven't been there or read your posts.  You take pleasure out of deceiving young Thai women.  

You wrote, "I’m in 50s, but still can attract cute students (girls)  in 20s, especially those who could be high maintenance. They will figure it out after a week or so that my budget is limited. She leaves, mostly after a night and a few others after a month."  

41 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You are assuming I haven't been there or read your posts.  You take pleasure out of deceiving young Thai women.  

You wrote, "I’m in 50s, but still can attract cute students (girls)  in 20s, especially those who could be high maintenance. They will figure it out after a week or so that my budget is limited. She leaves, mostly after a night and a few others after a month."  

I’m sorry, but “they want” to use me, but they realize that I’m a useless for “their purpose”. I’m just a handsom man with not much $$$. 

Truth is always bitter. 

And if you are are not satisfied yet then you better see a psychologist. 

8 hours ago, The Theory said:

I’m sorry, but “they want” to use me, but they realize that I’m a useless for “their purpose”. I’m just a handsom man with not much $$$. 

Truth is always bitter. 

And if you are are not satisfied yet then you better see a psychologist. 

A 20 year old uni student being attracted to a 50 year old man.  I've lived here for 20 years and have seen this play over and over in CM mostly with old Thai guys.  But at least they understand the process and are gentlemen about it.  You - cheap charlie with delusions of grandeur.  

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

After all, what would our impression be in our respective countries if we regularly saw old Asian guys dressed as if they’ve given up, with a younger white woman in tow? Could it be this may be one reason why Thais may have a low opinion of farangs (I said ‘one’ of the reasons).

I would think it was nothing to do with me and just part of the rich tapestry of life.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

But what do I know? I probably got it all wrong… maybe one day as I get older, I will see the light! I too will discover my inner rebel, stand up and shake my fist in the face of ‘The Man’ and proclaim my freedom: “Enough with societal norms, looking decent and what’s with this hygiene thing anyway!?!’”. Yes, I can see it now… Then, I will be totally free and not caring a whit what anybody thinks.

Correct. A man is only free if he does not care what other people think about him. 

I care not what small minded people think, as I wouldn't even want to know such judgemental people.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Death would be a welcome freedom to not worry about the value of the pound*

(* insert western currency of your choice).

After my divorce, life seemed meaningless and I wanted to die, then I discovered that it's only marriage that is worthless. I had a far better life when I was renting. I may be single now, but life has far more possibilities, and with possibilities come hope. A man that hopes does not want to die.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:46 AM, kenk24 said:

The way I heard it from a Thai lady - - the Thai lady only walks behind her man so she can keep him in line with a stick... 

No she only walks behind because she walks slowly just to piss off the guy. If walking to buy food she can walk just as fast as he can.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I treated them with consideration,

+1  
con·sid·er·a·tion
noun
a payment or reward.
synonyms: paymentfeepremiumremunerationcompensationrecompenseemolumentperquisiteMore

q2F.jpg

On 7/28/2019 at 7:05 AM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

My wife calls it the ‘old farang syndrome’.

Your topic says, "please explain it to me"

And yet your wife has already done so 

????

On 7/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

n their 60’s onward, white knee socks over varicosy chicken legs, sandals, safari shorts, Hawaiian shirt that doesn’t quite cover the pot-belly. Oh, and the hat as if they are going on jungle trek. 3 days stubble of course. And typically, a younger Thai wife in tow. (did I mention the flip-up sunglasses?)

Hmm. I wear cargo shorts (sorry), no socks, shirt with a collar and ???? sort of stretchy faux running shoe thingies (because they are comfortable). No flip ups as my glasses are photochromatic. 

Except if going to the Hash then I wear my running short and shoes etc., even on the BTS.  One days growth max as it is white and one can't really notice. Unless going to aforesaid Hash where two is OK as nobody there cares what we look like as we could return all sweaty and covered in mud. 

Archived