Ganja: You can't just start growing weed, warns Justice Minister

webfact

Ganja: You can't just start growing weed, warns Justice Minister

3pm.jpg

Thai caption: Ganja is still a narcotic

Thailand's new justice minister has reiterated that marijuana is still a narcotic and has warned his country folk that they can't just go out and start growing it.

Sanook reported that Somsak Thepsuthin said that Thailand remains a signatory to two international conventions on narcotics introduced in 1961 (adapted in 1972) and 1971. 

Marijuana for medical purposes is now legal in Thailand after changes to the law at the tail end of last year. 

Somsak said there are strict measures in place as the government are concerned for the health of the people and do not want the trade driven underground. 

It must be regulated by the government and people who want to grow marijuana for medical purposes must have permits according to the law. 

He said that 400 pharmacists and doctors and 2,900 Thai local herbal practitioners had received training in using marijuana for medical issues. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-30
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Are they allowed to grow weed in their garden?

They said they don't want it going underground,but said nothing about above the ground so who knows?By keeping it illegal to grow it will remain underground!Precisely the opposite of what they said they want.

They also say they are concerned for the health of the people yet do little to curb the horrific road tolls in the country.

It is a bit confusing when the health minister whose job it is to be responsible for the health and well being of the people says he wants everybody to be able to grow it and the justice minster says nobody can grow or that maybe some people are allowed to grow it but refuses to clarify the situation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Xaos said:

So how can I get medical marichuana prescribed? If it's legal. Doubt u can even gets it. 

Go to the doctors they are the ones who have access to cannabis oil,some foreigners on this forum are already reporting that they get it from doctors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Marijuana for medical purposes is now legal in Thailand after changes to the law at the tail end of last year. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's new justice minister has reiterated that marijuana is still a narcotic and has warned his country folk that they can't just go out and start growing it.

If it is still a narcotic then why is the "government" giving "illegal narcotics" to it's hospitals to dispense to sick people?

Another great example of Thai logic in action as well as failing to engage brain before putting mouth into gear!

Why doesn't the juice minister go and make some arrests at the hospitals that are dispensing illegal narcotics as he should be able to find them as his own government is growing and giving it to the hospitals.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

So how can I get medical marichuana prescribed? If it's legal. Doubt u can even gets it. 

Now that it is legal yes you can get it.  You just need to find a Thai doctor that can prescribe it for you. 

48 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

This is wonderful news Guitar God thanks for posting it I very much appreciate it.Any chance of a comment on the quality and associated "side affects" and perhaps price?

price?

Edited by wombat

5 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Misleading title and article. 

Somchai can’t just throw seeds in the backyard but hundreds if not thousands of people have permission (in the form of an amnesty letter from the government to possess and grow. The enrollment for the program ran from Feb 15 to May 15.)

In order to get a prescription (for extract, capsules or balm) go to your nearest government hospital. There is already one hospital per province that has doctors that are certified to prescribe  and a supply  in their pharmacy and by August there is supposed to be one per Amphoe. 

There weren’t any in Ubon a few months ago so I got mine at Sawasadee Clinic in Bangkok just south of Don Muang airport.  

bQURmy6_d7m.png?_nc_x=Ij3Wp8lg5Kz

z9kMcw_VcBk.png?_nc_x=Ij3Wp8lg5Kz
เปิดอยู่ในขณะนี้
·
08:00 - 17:00
Xo5b2c4s6pc.png?_nc_x=Ij3Wp8lg5Kz

Thank you kindly for your post,  very informative and helpful. Appreciated ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If it is still a narcotic then why is the "government" giving "illegal narcotics" to it's hospitals to dispense to sick people?

Another great example of Thai logic in action as well as failing to engage brain before putting mouth into gear!

Why doesn't the juice minister go and make some arrests at the hospitals that are dispensing illegal narcotics as he should be able to find them as his own government is growing and giving it to the hospitals.

"...why is the "government" giving "illegal narcotics" to it's hospitals to dispense..."

It is not illegal for medical purposes!..."Marijuana for medical purposes is now legal in Thailand after changes to the law at the tail end of last year". 

Another great example of Thaivisa member logic in action as well as failing to engage brain before putting mouth into gear!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

The CBD oil that I've been prescribed is the best hash oil I've found since the 70s! Black and sticky, two drops on the tongue and after a very slow creep up on you you're banjo'd for a good 8 hours. Doing wonders for my pain though. ????

It only took one drop for me I was history

51 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

The CBD oil that I've been prescribed is the best hash oil I've found since the 70s! Black and sticky, two drops on the tongue and after a very slow creep up on you you're banjo'd for a good 8 hours. Doing wonders for my pain though. ????

Details please?Where,how much make and model?Pretty please with sugar on top?Thanks for the description of the unavoidable side affects sound great,I remember the oil days of which you speak but we were young and had no pain therefor noticed not the pain relieving effects. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Maybe one drop would be appropriate?

Does anyone know what the composition of so called 'Legal Cannabis' is in Thailand? Medicinal cannabis in the UK only contains CBD - THC, the compound that makes you high is removed. What is Thailand's position on this?

5 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

That's not CBD oil then, that's pure unbastardised extract containing THC. CBD won't even mandolin you, never mind banjo'd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

That's not CBD oil then, that's pure unbastardised extract containing THC. CBD won't even mandolin you, never mind banjo'd.

Well said, it's thc oil. I have a legal prescription in Canada.

i went to a clinic on soi 2 bkk.

cost was 1000 baht for initial consultation, and 3000 for the small bottle. After doing the math , it was 5-6 times more expensive in Thailand than Canada. 

Cant remember the ml in the bottle, but it wasn't much.

anyway, I passed,