Non-imm O extension and TM30 / TM28 questions

I had the pleasure spending today rainy afternoon at the immigration in Chaeng Wattana to pickup my extension and get re-entry permit. Since it was boring just to sit around I went to several officers to ask tricky questions and found out few interesting things. For newcomers, the Immigration Act from 1979 has to be taken as a "guideline" - something like directions on highway - all cars should go this direction but if you have a motorcycle, you are in hurry or have connections or any other reason you can drive in whatever direction you want. 

1. If you try to get any information from Government Hotline 1111 or Immigration hot line 1178, you will get information what was needed for your last year extension - useful for time travelers. They know TM30 exists but that's all.

2. If you ask information in the entry hall, it has the same value as "Somchai said" - most of the staff are trainee (translated uni students working there for grades) or are good enough to hand forms or inform where to stick photo

3. Don't bother to call any of the 02 numbers listed on their website, nobody picks up and if, then when you ask first question they just hang up. Tried several times a day for one week and made it though only two times. 

4. You can't really talk to the officers because they will not let you talk with them unless you spend several hours waiting ... so the most accurate info for what is needed is actually here

First tricky questions was with the head of TM30 section (younger female officer sitting at the table on the left):

1. I was told that since I'm on yearly extension I do not have to report during my travels in Thailand (ie when I asked where I have to report if I visit family for weekend who live on Kanchanaburi province border with nearest police station 50 Km away and Immigration closed). I was told I have to process TM30 only when I travel out of Thailand. This seems like each officer has their own understanding of the law...

2. The TM30 report can be done online and she confirmed the website is running - tried to register, did not get confirmation with link to proceed. If it works as good as online 90 days report or e-appointment for re-entry permit they should have sent pigeon instead. 

Second question was why I have to bring pass book with 400k when I go to pickup extension becasue in the Immigration Act is only written to provide documents when submitting application, not when picking up - and they have a very nice way around how to explain:

1. When you submit documents, the officer will verbally inform you to bring your passbook with 400k in 30 days when picking up extension, but they will not give you this in writing

2. When asked where this requirement came from (when handing over my passport) and if they can show me any evidence of requiring to submit passbook, I was told that in my case they do not need the passbook because they only asked to bring it but if you do not want to provide then you do not have to ...??? Strange huh?

3. When I asked the boss of the extension section (spent about 45 minutes debating all other sorts of topics) I was told that the order come during a meeting from the boos if Immigration Division 2 - therefore there is no written rule. The problem is if you try to use the excuse in point 2, they will use their "article 44" that the immigration officer can re-check evidence in case they suspect a fraud - so if you say you will not show them the passbook because they have no right to do so, they will use this to frame you - back to square one.