Britain to spend an extra £2.1 billion on no-deal Brexit planning

snoop1130

More har'em scarem bs. Just get on with it! In the end it will work out. You'll have ownership of yourselves again and that's worth something. Don't listen to the globalists. Onward!

Italy, Spain and France dying to get out. If you stay in you'll be in the middle of that clusterfcuk as well.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Money well spent I think.
Brexit is eventually coming, probably with No Deal, so get used to it. Preparations have to be made and are being made. Sounds like Remainers would rather that nothing was done by anybody, so they could moan much more.

Wrong on all counts I'm afraid.  Brexit is dead.  The Tories are throwing money and political capital at the problem in the hope of saving themselves, but they can't.  Parliament doesn't want it, and the people don't want it.  

• Confused 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:53 PM, Slip said:

The Tories have no interest in the NHS unless it involves selling it off to the highest (US) bidder, and hang the millions of people who depend on it, and have invested their taxes into it.

The NHS is a basket case and in desperate need of a complete overhaul top to bottom. The UK has the worst cancer rates in western Europe - yet is the 5th richest economy in the world !

If privatisation corrects that - bring it on!

5 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

The NHS is a basket case and in desperate need of a complete overhaul top to bottom. The UK has the worst cancer rates in western Europe - yet is the 5th richest economy in the world !

If privatisation corrects that - bring it on!

Given that it's been starved of funds for the last 10 years, its shortcomings should come as no surprise. But cherry picking stats is no way to prove a point. In fact, the Commonwealth Fund, which rates healthcare systems round the world, rates the NHS #1. The one area where it falls down is in public health. Like discouraging its citizens from smoking and consuming excess alcohol. And eating too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, Loiner said:

Money well spent I think.
Brexit is eventually coming, probably with No Deal, so get used to it. Preparations have to be made and are being made. Sounds like Remainers would rather that nothing was done by anybody, so they could moan much more.

Fantastic example of the financial astuteness and foresight of a brexiteer.

So another £2.1b thrown at the biggest self inflicted injury in UK political history is being better spent than spending it on social care, lamentable health care, education ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Given that it's been starved of funds for the last 10 years, its shortcomings should come as no surprise. But cherry picking stats is no way to prove a point. In fact, the Commonwealth Fund, which rates healthcare systems round the world, rates the NHS #1. The one area where it falls down is in public health. Like discouraging its citizens from smoking and consuming excess alcohol. And eating too much.

Has it been starved of funds ? I have no idea, I haven't seen the figures. I've read people saying that but don't tend to believe everything I read or from people who have a vested interest in saying it. Though i do remember Mr Hunt quoting a budget of £120,000,000,000 which is quite a fund. (Your commonwealth fund surveyed just 11 nations!)

How can you say 'the one area' when I've just provided you with another ?

I haven't 'cherry picked' anything - given health issues don't come much more serious than cancer, it was a perfectly valid yardstick IMO. Or you could take the equally serious stroke treatment, again dreadful statistics. Your operation waiting times - 10 hours+ sitting in A&E, shameful car parking profiteering etc etc

Edited by Handsome Gardener

18 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Has it been starved of funds ? I have no idea, I haven't seen the figures. I've read people saying that but don't tend to believe everything I read or from people who have a vested interest in saying it. Though i do remember Mr Hunt quoting a budget of £120,000,000,000 which is quite a fund. (Your commonwealth fund surveyed just 11 nations!)

How can you say 'the one area' when I've just provided you with another ?

I haven't 'cherry picked' anything - given health issues don't come much more serious than cancer, it was a perfectly valid yardstick IMO. Or you could take the equally serious stroke treatment, again dreadful statistics. Your operation waiting times - 10 hours+ sitting in A&E, shameful car parking profiteering etc etc

Where have you been the last 10 years? The Tories have systematically been slashing funds for all sorts of social and health programs to balance the budget.

As for cancer rates..first off cancer rates tend to be higher in wealthy nations because the populace can afford to live in an unhealthy manner. Also there's the issue of pollution.

Anyway's here a list of 50 countries in order of the rate of cancer. There are many countries that have a worse rate including the USA.

https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/cancer-trends/data-cancer-frequency-country

10 hours ago, baboon said:

No thanks. The NHS basket case cured me of cancer and did not bankrupt my entire family in the process. Screw your filthy privatisation. 

I cannot think of any punishment bad enough for a politician who wants to privatize the NHS, (Like Farage does)  let alone sell it to the US. The healthcare in the US is vastly corrupt, with kickbacks between hospitals, insurance companies, and doctors. It costs more than twice what it does in other OECD countries, even including Switzerland, and the US has the same life expectancy as Cuba. No one dies from lack of treatment in the UK because they don't have the money.

• Like 2