Thais win the lottery with magic road numbers after the death of "farang" big-biker

webfact

The so called law of averages, often known as the "gambler's fallacy", is a false belief.  It is deduced from the law of large numbers.  The law of averages is a false idea that probability occurs with a small number of consecutive experiments so they will certainly have to be accepted as normal, i.e. average, sooner rather than later.

However, probability theory is the formula of absolute probability is a basic statute relating marginal probabilities to conditional probabilities.  It expresses the total probability of an outcome which can be realised by way of several events—hence the name.  In psychological statistics, we use it to calculate the likelihood that an event will occur, and is expressed as the ratio of the number of favourable outcomes in the set of outcomes divided by the total number of possible outcomes.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Talk about some rubbish but this takes the biscuit. Utter drivel.

everyone who picked the number and won some money based on the accident don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

everyone who picked the number and won some money based on the accident don't think so.

Again drivel and rubbish and you trying to defend the actions shows what type of person you are.

Hokus Pokus claptrap by incentive people who believe in anything.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Again drivel and rubbish and you trying to defend the actions shows what type of person you are.

Hokus Pokus claptrap by incentive people who believe in anything.

Loosen up, laughing gravy - what a joke that is, you must be the life of any party you attend. As for what type of person I am you wouldn't have a clue. 

2 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

The so called law of averages, often known as the "gambler's fallacy", is a false belief.  It is deduced from the law of large numbers.  The law of averages is a false idea that probability occurs with a small number of consecutive experiments so they will certainly have to be accepted as normal, i.e. average, sooner rather than later.

However, probability theory is the formula of absolute probability is a basic statute relating marginal probabilities to conditional probabilities.  It expresses the total probability of an outcome which can be realised by way of several events—hence the name.  In psychological statistics, we use it to calculate the likelihood that an event will occur, and is expressed as the ratio of the number of favourable outcomes in the set of outcomes divided by the total number of possible outcomes.

'nuf sed.

Yes, yes, but what horse will win the 3.30 at Uttoxeter?

That's what i want to know.

Rooster.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

All they're doing is CONFIRMING that they're supersticious and stupid.

English Language Learners Definition of religion : the belief in a god or in a group of gods. : an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

emperor Lucius :  might consider wearing a disguise when you walk about calling all your subjects superstitious (correct spelling)  idiots .   

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Posters who criticized the Thais for being "stupid" and "sick" might be forced to have a rethink after results of the government national lottery came out yesterday. 

Nope but I would add <deleted> to the list

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

Loosen up, laughing gravy - what a joke that is, you must be the life of any party you attend. As for what type of person I am you wouldn't have a clue. 

Have to turn all the invites down but I ensure that nonsense about numbers, dead motorcyclists and lottery's are not spoken.????

Edited by Laughing Gravy

20 hours ago, madmitch said:

I really can't understand the fascination with the 2 digit lottery.

The underground lottery in the village I'm currently staying in pays 65/1.

Given that the real odds are 99/1 there are only two real winners; the organisers and the police they pay-off!

The attraction is very easy to understand when you consider that you are in a country where staff in shops use a calculator to work out the change from 100B for a 62B purchase, and don't understand why a customer would give them 102B for such a purchase.

Add to that the lure of easy money and you have understood everything.

• Like 2

Now she spends many hours online listening to 'prophets' spouting garbage about numbers and how to win, and also has taken to filling up copious pages of a notebook with potential winning numbers.

How many UK ex pats remember Radio Luxembourg and Horace Batchelor from Keynsham, "spelt K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M" with his famous "infallible" Pools prediction system! I always wondered why he just didn't use it himself and make millions instead of selling his "infallible" system to others. What a fake. So Thai people aren't the only gullible people in the world, although that was nearly 60 years ago. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My wife and M-i-L both prayed to a golden eel  that F-in-L caught for inspiration in the lottery. Five wins in all over 3 months! They just netted it once a month and the shape of the eel's body would look like a number, do two times and you have the winner ...... SO superstition works.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, Matzzon said:

No, there is no need at all for any rethinking. The only thing that needs to be added to the two words in "lucky" to make the expression complete.

But very unlucky for the suckers who "produce" the numbers.

• Like 1