Life is hard.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, Skallywag said:

Ah the ultimate Catch 22. 

No job, no money and of course a suggestion to go seek professional help at $160 an hour.  A worthy yet monetarily unattainable solution.

OP has an internet connection, maybe read about Buddhism online.

Noble truth 1: Life is filled with suffering

Join the club

Buddhists believe your current state of living is the karmic payoff from your previous life or lives. Unless and until you pay your karmic debts, you will not rise above your problems.... suffering ( dealing with the problems) is part of resolving your karmic debts....so is prayers of repentance. Maybe this cycle of karma applies to all humans regardless of religious affiliations? 

• Confused 2

On 8/2/2019 at 7:24 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

its hopeless, I told my father i dont want to live in Australia because i was lonely and couldn't find a girlfriend, He just told me to keep labouring and stop going to thailand and hold a job.

what am i supposed to do? be a lonely shitkicker for the rest of my days?

im beginning to not give a shit if i live or die, I am already drinking myself to death slowly.

What you are supposed to do is to take care of your life, it is not your fathers life it is yours, so sort up your life, try to find out why it not works and ty to set up goals to make it work and yes, that could very well means that you have to suffer some of your todays life, and it for sure means that you have to work, but sparrows not just come flying in to your mouth. If you not make a change nothing will be changed.

2 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

It costs between 300-700 a hour here for a psychiatrist. I see one once a week for 30 minutes. If you go through the public system and prepare to wait, it will be cheaper. You have zero wait times in general going private and if you are needing help, I have found most psychiatrists here see a lot of people with alcohol and drug problems, so they can help a lot. If you are in Chiang Mai, I can advise Dr Kittiwan.  

Mine in the States inflation adjusted cost 16,000 baht an hour.  You got a good price

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 12:24 PM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

its hopeless, I told my father i dont want to live in Australia because i was lonely and couldn't find a girlfriend, He just told me to keep labouring and stop going to thailand and hold a job.

im beginning to not give a shit if i live or die, I am already drinking myself to death slowly.

Live fast die young, leave a good looking corpse!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Buddhists believe your current state of living is the karmic payoff from your previous life or lives. Unless and until you pay your karmic debts, you will not rise above your problems.... suffering ( dealing with the problems) is part of resolving your karmic debts....so is prayers of repentance. Maybe this cycle of karma applies to all humans regardless of religious affiliations? 

Personally I believe in this in some spiritual way but you can turn your misfortune by helping or as they say paying forward. 

Even if spiritual and religious beliefs are mumbo jumbo, when you pay it forward it gives some meaning to your life . Your existence could affect someone’s entire future . 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've always been very happy with the Thai women that passed through my bedroom.

I knew their price and was happy to pay it, really no complaints at all.

The Brit schoolteacher I previously married, an entirely different and more painful experience.

(Not to mention expensive)

i am happy as well.   Just having some fun playing with words.   Farang women I haven't looked at for

over 30 years.  No interest

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

You pay a fortune to go to someone who listens to you.( psychiatrist)

Or you can pay a fortune for someone who talks to you  (lawyer)

I just talk to myself .  sometimes i listen.  saves a hell of a lot of money

So you cheat yourself and do not pay yourself ?????

its called self thearapy, speaking out what you thinking. Do not think will

work with OP

On 8/2/2019 at 12:24 PM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

One option is to hit the accelerator and head for the wall. Slow death serves little purpose.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ericthai said:

life's a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

OP you need to go back to your home country and get help.  Thailand is no place for you.

Thailand wears you down... unless you take the initiative, thailand led most farang down the depression hole deeper and deeper like the black widow.. a one way ticket for many people who lack initiative to face up. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, upu2 said:

Sounds like much of your depression you have brought on yourself. It happens I know but in order to get a more positive attitude you need to accept what the problem is and then what steps no matter how hard you need to take. Cut the drink it certainly wont help you then you will see the world in a totally different light.

Cut the drinking.. drinking heavily fogs the mind and weakens the will . Cut through the fog with clear mind. 

• Like 1

You have admitted you are an alcoholic so you know what your problem is . I understand that Thais who have a drink issue will go to their local temple and get help from the monk maybe you should try that otherwise go to your local government hospital and see if they can give you some medication that will reduce your craving for the drink. I was brought up within an alcoholic family so I know how you are feeling but you have to remember those around you also suffer because the feel helpless . Maybe it’s time to go back to your home country and get the help you need . Stay strong bro .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

im a born alcoholic, cant help meself.

It appears your just another one of these people who enjoy complaining  just as much as they enjoy doing bugger all to help themselves.  

• Like 1

Truth is if your this dependent on booze then you could be harming yourself coming off it too quickly.

By 33 you should not be hung up on much regards opposite sex. A lot of womem have those "all my friends are married and settled down" fears but if you have made it to 33 unscathed that's a bonus in my book. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

It appears your just another one of these people who enjoy complaining  just as much as they enjoy doing bugger all to help themselves.  

https://rockrecoverycenter.com/blog/spot-addict-manipulation/     Once in a while Google can be a great source:  

In a victim stance, the addict commands sympathy and understanding in an effort to normalize unhealthy patterns. If an addict or alcoholic is serious about recovery, it’s important for them to shift the perspective from being a victim, to seeing how they have hurt others.

One way you can help is to avoid falling into the trap of victim stance by refusing to feed into their manipulation. Keep them accountable.         

• Like 2

Get off the booze son. I have plenty of experience with this, close to home. You have to out your life back together one step at a time. Get back to the UK and see a doctor to get professional help....you can't get a GF because you are an alcoholic....so get off the booze.

Get a job first, be humble, no one owes you anything, you have earned no respect. You want trust and respect, then earn it every day...every single day. 

Next go and apologise to all the people you have hurt by being an alcoholic. 

Drop any boozer mates you have for at least a couple of years.

Next when you have been off the booze for a year or so, go looking for a GF. Clean yourself up and you might be able to achieve it, earn their trust and respect....it will take a few attempts but look for an older divorced woman who is financially secure, and don't sponge off her. Avoid widows like the plague....they might be nice but will have saintly husbands yo cannot live up to. Get a GF who doesn't drink do any drugs at all.

Talking about drugs, get off whatever else you are on...MaryJane is not harmless to someone like you. Your brain chemistry is messed up and you get addicted easily. 

• Like 1

33 you have your whole life ahead of you.  plenty of time to get straight and start over.  sounds like you have hit bottom, which is the first step towards recovery.  good luck to you.

Edited by malibukid

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Way, way better to pay a gorgeous 22 year old 2,000 or even 3,000 baht, for 90 minutes of "counseling". Far more effective than most shrinks, who really have no idea what they are doing, and how to help someone improve their lot in life. $700 an hour? Is that a joke? People actually pay that? 

People who pay $ 700 per hour must be off their heads ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1