Life is hard.

1 hour ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

im a born alcoholic, cant help meself.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Look at the glass half full and not half empty try find a counsellor who can help you by listening to your problems , try and be positive not depressed . Stay strong fella ????????

Having some religious faith can help assuage some of the emptiness. Buddhism is a great philosophy... you don't have to embrace the rituals if you are not comfortable with the pantheon of gods and deities . Just study the esoteric part of the mind and false reality concept. 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Way, way better to pay a gorgeous 22 year old 2,000 or even 3,000 baht, for 90 minutes of "counseling". Far more effective than most shrinks, who really have no idea what they are doing, and how to help someone improve their lot in life. $700 an hour? Is that a joke? People actually pay that? 

You're making a joke right or you have no, not even a vague idea of modern medicine.  Kind of like my grandfather.  Works out to about 7000 baht an hour.  When you add a consultant for your wife or other employees quite a bit more

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/How-Much-Does-a-Psychiatrist-Make-a-Year-in-New-York-City,NY

While it's a cute idea and all the boys in the bar go tee hee hee.  For many people it is a matter of life and death.  800 000 people die due to suicide every year, which is one person every 40 seconds. Do you really think bar girls would be more effective?

51 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Get off the booze son. I have plenty of experience with this, close to home. You have to out your life back together one step at a time. Get back to the UK and see a doctor to get professional help....you can't get a GF because you are an alcoholic....so get off the booze.

Get a job first, be humble, no one owes you anything, you have earned no respect. You want trust and respect, then earn it every day...every single day. 

Next go and apologise to all the people you have hurt by being an alcoholic. 

Drop any boozer mates you have for at least a couple of years.

Next when you have been off the booze for a year or so, go looking for a GF. Clean yourself up and you might be able to achieve it, earn their trust and respect....it will take a few attempts but look for an older divorced woman who is financially secure, and don't sponge off her. Avoid widows like the plague....they might be nice but will have saintly husbands yo cannot live up to. Get a GF who doesn't drink do any drugs at all.

Talking about drugs, get off whatever else you are on...MaryJane is not harmless to someone like you. Your brain chemistry is messed up and you get addicted easily. 

Very sound advice indeed.... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, geronimo said:

I think you need a radical change in your life, and I would recommend learning about Buddhism, and if you like what you see, you can become a monk, at least for a while. This would take all of the pressure off you (you don't even have to worry about feeding yourself) and you will be around the right people.

Buddhism has saved many who had serious issues, think about it.

Buddhism allows you to self discovery at your own pace for your own inner peace. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

im a born alcoholic, cant help meself.

Life is too easy; if it was hard, deadwoods like your good self would have to shape up or go under, instead of floundering pointlessly along.

Australia can easily suck your life out

Lot of great looking dudes who sleep at the gym, while majority of the females are ugly fatties but believe they deserve six pack millionaire. For some reasons I spent in AU few years and I seriously thought that maybe I'm a gay or an asexual - I haven't had sex the whole time lol.

Wanna have fun?

Sure the police strip search can warm you up.

A <deleted> bouncer tell you or your friend that your intoxication levels are bit up? <deleted> home, while you did absolutely nothing wrong.

Bar lock up laws etc

Funny thing? Thailand is becoming more nanny and nazi than Australia the past few years. BUT at least it's easy to find a beautiful, caring girl who will bang your brain out if you nice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A girlfriend or woman will not solve your issues and make you happy and complete. Only you can do that with help if necessary from professionals and/or friends. The least of your problems right now is not having a girlfriend. Seek counseling and get sober and don’t give up. ????

Don’t know if your drunk or? And it caused you to post this. Life is hard but you need to find a way to make it easier....  think positive 

i kmow ay times it’s difficult. But try and make it better if your dependent on alcohol get help or stop..... 

trust me life is ok nut you have help yourself...

best of luck and be strong...

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

While it's a cute idea and all the boys in the bar go tee hee hee.  For many people it is a matter of life and death.  800 000 people die due to suicide every year, which is one person every 40 seconds. Do you really think bar girls would be more effective?

Bar girls are nowhere near as effective as good doctors/counselling but I will get it here from so called experts otherwise that think a bit of free range xxxy fixes everything. I don't agree with marcus with much but I will agree with him here. He doesn't need a bar girl, he needs counselling and maybe even medication. If he has an addiction, he needs a lot of help.

Its 300-700 baht an hour here to see a psychiatrist - not dollars.

No sympathy for you. Life is what you make it. Get off your arse and sort yourself out. My life fell apart in my mid 30's and i lost everything, including my partner, house, family disowned me and friends all turned their backs, and declared bankrupt,  and ended up with chronic drug addiction. But i pulled myself out of my hole, ended up just doing voluntary work living hand to mouth just to try and help build my self esteem, and grafted so hard just to get respected again, discovered fitness and exercise and never looked back. It was the hardest time of my life, and yes there were some very dark moments.

But by coming through the otherside on my own with my sanity intact, drug free for over 10 years,  fit and healthy i am now stronger than ever, regularly running marathons,  earning a good salary with and a very close network of friends. And i feel blessed i went through what i did. We all have amazing potential inside of us, but you must stop drinking immediately, if you cannot control your alcohol consumption then you cannot drink at all, its that simple.

If you carry on drinking and burying your head in the sand then there are only 2 places you will end up - a cemetary or a mental institution.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TroyC said:

No sympathy for you. Life is what you make it.

There should always be some extra sympathy and help for the ones who seek it.

We all have issues, not everyone was lucky to have great parents who give you nice start for the life ahead you.

But there is always a way, as you said from your story.

The OP has to decide what is his goal, and go for it. He has the privilege to be from Australia where the wages are high, so he can grind it out for few years (as I did) to have great life later. Driving a truck, being a sparkie in a mine, or similar which requires not much skill but pays well.

Invest your money, eat rice with grilled chicken from Coles which is 50% off late at night to enjoy the life benefits later. It doesn't take 40 years if you go for it, more like 4.

6 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Thailand wears you down... unless you take the initiative, thailand led most farang down the depression hole deeper and deeper like the black widow.. a one way ticket for many people who lack initiative to face up. 

Not true at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:40 AM, marcusarelus said:

John Prine ... brings back memories.  I saw him play in a small bar in the Georgetown area of Washington, D.C. way back.  He was top billed and two of my pals were the minor group performing.  I just helped one night as a "roadie". Circa 1973.  The bar was right next to a house where they filmed scenes from the movie "The Exorcist", which came out in late 1973.

"There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes.  Nothin' for nothin' I suppose."

8 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Funny thing? Thailand is becoming more nanny and nazi than Australia the past few years. BUT at least it's easy to find a beautiful, caring girl who will bang your brain out if you nice. 

"BUT at least it's easy to find a beautiful, caring girl who will bang your brain out if you nice pay her."

Fixed it for you. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"BUT at least it's easy to find a beautiful, caring girl who will bang your brain out if you nice pay her."

Fixed it for you. 

The OP with his alcoholism, depression and general sense of gloom, is likely impotent.

The dark cloud of existence continues...

8 hours ago, TroyC said:

No sympathy for you. Life is what you make it. Get off your arse and sort yourself out. My life fell apart in my mid 30's and i lost everything, including my partner, house, family disowned me and friends all turned their backs, and declared bankrupt,  and ended up with chronic drug addiction. But i pulled myself out of my hole, ended up just doing voluntary work living hand to mouth just to try and help build my self esteem, and grafted so hard just to get respected again, discovered fitness and exercise and never looked back. It was the hardest time of my life, and yes there were some very dark moments.

But by coming through the otherside on my own with my sanity intact, drug free for over 10 years,  fit and healthy i am now stronger than ever, regularly running marathons,  earning a good salary with and a very close network of friends. And i feel blessed i went through what i did. We all have amazing potential inside of us, but you must stop drinking immediately, if you cannot control your alcohol consumption then you cannot drink at all, its that simple.

If you carry on drinking and burying your head in the sand then there are only 2 places you will end up - a cemetary or a mental institution.

If you've been there, then a little sympathy wouldn't hurt. I'm sure you got some help when you were at an all time low.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

i just came from cambodia. i have some local friends there, I get along very well with khmers, They actually told me that about how white people dont stick together and very much understood that i was all alone in the world with no help.

A good example is my mother and father being uninterested in my travels , They are just worried about there own pockets,

my mother never once asked me "Why are you over there?" or "What are you doing over there ?" She just cares about her work, her properties, her money and her assets.

she can be quite two-faced, snobby and evil.

You are an adult now, why keep hanging on to your mother's apron. Try detachment, you are not what happens, whatever occurs happens in the space of you, it is just life happening. Observe the nothing becoming everything, the absolute becoming the particular, sit back and enjoy the show at the same time as participating but don't give it any importance, it's just a show.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

You're making a joke right or you have no, not even a vague idea of modern medicine.  Kind of like my grandfather.  Works out to about 7000 baht an hour.  When you add a consultant for your wife or other employees quite a bit more

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/How-Much-Does-a-Psychiatrist-Make-a-Year-in-New-York-City,NY

I guess the concept of satire was over your head? My real meaning, is that 90% of all shrinks have no idea what they are doing, and provide little in the way of help to their patients, in my opinion and experience. So, one needs to very carefully vet their shrink, before committing stupid amounts of money to therapy. And frankly, some of those people who kill themselves each year cannot be helped with therapy. Meds maybe. Some just move past the breaking point. A person can only handle so much tragedy. For some, life loses it's meaning after the breaking point. No amount of therapy is going to change that. Sometimes the answer is not a shrink. They have an extremely limited amount of knowledge. Maybe a compassionate spiritual counselor, a witch doctor, or a shaman. But a shrink? They are some of the most feeble, and ill equipped medical practitioners on the planet.

Edited by spidermike007

Being an alcoholic is fine if done in moderation.  Assign yourself a small amount of alcohol at bedtime to drink and don't drink before bedtime.  Bring it down slowly over time so you don't shock your system and try to get it down to two shots which most people can handle long term.  

By the way how are you affording internet, rent, alcohol and food?  If you want to not be depressed try hunger and starvation.  These have brought lots out of depression in that they motivate you to work because starvation sucks and is best avoided.  Whoever is paying for your lifestyle at present should stop and you'd be amazed at how quickly those gnawing hunger pangs will suddenly motivate you to get to work.