‘Don’t panic’ over bombings, stimulus measures coming, says Finance Minister

webfact

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

money provides food, education and a roof over your head, what's to change? 99% of the expat complainers on this site are bleating about fund

18 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Is he saying the farmers are behind the bombings?

No. But I can't see what the bombing has to go with the stimulus package but farmers my need support if there is No water later on due to a possible drought.

Yes, very baffling.  Not sure how bombings and stimulus relate.

And on the subject of baffling—can someone please why the Baht shot up yesterday, while the Chinese currency nosedived?  If Thailand remands best buds with the ChiComs—shouldn’t the Baht go down drastically as well?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

He might be right when he says bombings in won't affect investor confidence much but it might affect it a lot,and he is definitely moving his lips when he says the authorities would be able to control the situation so I know he is lying. 

Spot on there Bruv

• Like 1

The government will also have to seek new revenue sources, given the its recent adjustment of the budget deficit to Bt469 billion from the previous Bt450 billion. 

Ugh! Enjoy your overpriced beer and wine while you can, sounds like it's all going to become completely unaffordable soon.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's called panic,people do and say abnormal things when affected by panic.

Sort of like getting caught cheating on your girlfriend and saying

"sorry for what I did dear, but I did also wash the dishes, and by the way you look really sexy and slim today" (with a dumb smile) 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BobbyL said:

That is good to know. The first thing I thought of when I saw the news on the explosions was I really do hope this won't affect investor confidence. 

The first thing I thought of was can't they get serious, remove this corrupt government and system, the Elite who support them and derive further billions from the population daily  and of course get rid of the puppet masters that direct operations once and for all.  Then I woke up to reality and realise the spineless are still everywhere. zzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Posts using ALL CAPS and bold font have been removed:

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

I don't understand I mean I know thai have no logic but what has stimulus measures  got to do with bombings ?

So grateful you too are confused with connection between bombings and economic strategies.

i thought it was mt lack of comprehension 

Normally I would just dismiss this statement as being indicative of an extreme degree of incompetence, which can be said about nearly every minister in this administration. But, Uttama is one of the few highly qualified people in power right now, so he must have thought this through. I suppose he was referring to the potential harm this might have on tourism, and the stimulus measures ability to counter that. Who knows? Will this administration be able to get anything right? The past five years leaves most of us with little confidence. But, this time around there is at least some participation from the other parties. Anything would be an improvement. 

• Like 1

I am always, again and over and over again, surprised, how absolutely unqualified clowns add their grain of salt to a subject of zero, zap knowledge at their end. 

What has a finance minister to say about bombings and nullify them with "stimulus packages"? 

Distributing ministries according to a musical chair has better chances - it seems! 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, baboon said:

Seems these people think of everything in terms of money...

Indeed. Unfortunately that's becoming the norm across the globe. Although to be fair, most finance and accounting people always have!

Btw - wonder where they'll be looking as they seek new sources of revenue!

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

The government will also have to seek new revenue sources, given the its recent adjustment of the budget deficit to Bt469 billion from the previous Bt450 billion. 

Ugh! Enjoy your overpriced beer and wine while you can, sounds like it's all going to become completely unaffordable soon.

I looked at the wine in Big C this morning. Some good selections but all way overpriced. The cheap fruit wines are there but not my taste. Beer prices still ok. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

interesting chat with a bkk major shopping mall security guard having the opinion the government was behind the bombs.

My wife is of the same opinion, so they can justify another coup. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, emptypockets said:
34 minutes ago, atyclb said:

interesting chat with a bkk major shopping mall security guard having the opinion the government was behind the bombs.

And 9/11

if i comment on 9/11 based upon basic physics, chemistry and common sense i think it may be deleted as a conspiracy theory though scientifically a sound one.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 2:35 PM, keith101 said:

I don't understand I mean I know thai have no logic but what has stimulus measures  got to do with bombings ?

Hes the finance minister, once hes sorted out the economy everything will be fine. Who else to comment on bombings and security.