30 Day Exemption Extension...

My last 'visa' was a 30 day exemption stamp after crossing a land border, which I then extended for an additional 30 days. Is it possible to extend this again by 7 days at an immigration office? I know it's possible with tourist visas but is it also possible with exemptions? I require an additional 3-4 days here. 

Yes it’s possible with visa exemption.

It’s not actually a 7 day extension. You apply for an extension and pay the 1,900 baht. They deny the extension and stamp your passport giving you 7 days to leave the country. 

• Like 1

Think I have never suggested overstay. However for few days, an option is to pay overstay at airport. So 500baht per day.

Only suggest this if you need attend CW for extension. Which will be rejected and gives you 7 days. Point being you wasted best part of day attending CW Zoo.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Only suggest this if you need attend CW for extension. Which will be rejected and gives you 7 days. Point being you wasted best part of day attending CW Zoo.

So go illegal and chance getting picked up and going to IDC?  Get the 7 days mate..

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes it’s possible with visa exemption.

It’s not actually a 7 day extension. You apply for an extension and pay the 1,900 baht. They deny the extension and stamp your passport giving you 7 days to leave the country. 

If denied do they keep the 1900thb?

Edited by SunsetT

1 hour ago, marin said:

So go illegal and chance getting picked up and going to IDC?  Get the 7 days mate..

I strictly advise too. You would only safe a few THB and a bit time if you do it on overstay. But i am shure you signed the paper that informes you about the overstay/blacklist conditions. If you will be catched on overstay you will be in a big shit.

1 hour ago, schlemmi said:

I strictly advise too. You would only safe a few THB and a bit time if you do it on overstay. But i am shure you signed the paper that informes you about the overstay/blacklist conditions. If you will be catched on overstay you will be in a big shit.

Can you and other poster give ONE post from TVF  along lines " picked up by police with 2/3 day overstay on way to airport. In my post I qualified choosing short overstay over visit to CW for extension as an option only. Clearly you would keep very low profile and best way to bkk airport. 

Note to anyone thinking about elite visa in future, avoid even short overstay at all costs.

I have a slight variation on the question.

I flew in to BKK on 3rd August and entered with a visa exemption.  My next flight, to the USA is booked for 23rd September so I shall need a 30 day extension.  

In the past one could get a 30 day extension to an exempt entry each time one came in by 'plane but only once if coming in by land (I seem to remember).  Is this still the case? 

In 2019 I first entered in February with a visa exemption, obtained a 30 day extension then a further 60 day extension based on having a Thai wife.  During the validity of that extension we went to Turkey for three weeks came back, again on visa exemption, then flew to France before needing another extension.  Does this count as one or two extensions and will I get another if I apply, at CW?

I don't really wish to apply for a non-imm visa and the then an extension based on having a Thai wife as I shall not then be back for 6 months but plan to do so next time I come.

(three week need 

Edited by thaibook
added reason for not wanting non-imm visa

9 hours ago, thaibook said:

In the past one could get a 30 day extension to an exempt entry each time one came in by 'plane but only once if coming in by land (I seem to remember).  Is this still the case? 

There is no such rule and there never has been one.

9 hours ago, thaibook said:

In 2019 I first entered in February with a visa exemption, obtained a 30 day extension then a further 60 day extension based on having a Thai wife.  During the validity of that extension we went to Turkey for three weeks came back, again on visa exemption, then flew to France before needing another extension.  Does this count as one or two extensions and will I get another if I apply, at CW?

It only counts as one visa exempt extension and there is no limit on how many you can get.

You can only apply for one 60 day extension to visit your wife per entry to the country. Perhaps you are confusing that with a limit on visa exempt entries.

No problem to get a 30 day or a 60 day extension at CW.

On 8/3/2019 at 12:20 AM, DrJack54 said:

Think I have never suggested overstay. However for few days, an option is to pay overstay at airport. So 500baht per day.

There are possible consequences to overstaying beyond the risk of being arrested (which is small). I was recently refused fast-track service at the airport due to a one-day overstay in my past, and you are not eligible for the Elite visa with more than one overstay. Who knows what crazy rules they might introduce in the future.

25 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There are possible consequences to overstaying beyond the risk of being arrested (which is small). I was recently refused fast-track service at the airport due to a one-day overstay in my past, and you are not eligible for the Elite visa with more than one overstay. Who knows what crazy rules they might introduce in the future.

Very true. Personally I would never do it. Current thread member mention TE office told him wait few extra months to apply for the TE...reason being he has 3-4 day overstay several months back.

Thinking pay fine an option for tourist that is on holiday to los and just made mistake. Even then something to be avoided.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no such rule and there never has been one.

It only counts as one visa exempt extension and there is no limit on how many you can get.

You can only apply for one 60 day extension to visit your wife per entry to the country. Perhaps you are confusing that with a limit on visa exempt entries.

No problem to get a 30 day or a 60 day extension at CW.

Thank you very much.  It helps to have someone knowledgeable to whom one can refer.