Self respect Appearance

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I'm an old mod. Looking sharp is important to me. One thing i hate about Thailand is not being able to wear the full array of European winter clothes. Im 65 and diet, run exercise etc. I despise the Aussie flip flops and vest look. In thailand manicures,  pedicures, waxing etc are cheap. So i do em. Nose, ears and hollywood pubic waxing, ( chicks dig it).  The problem with some farang,  especially Aussies, they have gone abo, gone native, kinda primitive.  Still in a state of rebellion i guess. Shit dress codes and shit American rap, dreadful music will probably drive me out of Thailand.

didn't know Sylvester Stallone was living here.   yo bro !

• Haha 1

My sartorial regime

Shower daily 2 times

clean the  teeth twice

Hair short number 1 

goatee beard trimmed weekly must admit i have designer stubble shave 2/3 times a week

shorts and T shirt for day exercising etc  with shoes trainers or deck shoes

evening  always Levis 501 jeans some pairs old faded but always clean (one pair patched )

shirt with button down collar prefer long sleeve rolled up, i prefer good quality thicker bright shirts ( not flowery hideous ones)

yes overweight by about 6 kilos hence exercise cut down on beer here in Thailand as not a great fan of it , eat very little rice as i prefer Basmati not Thai white but sadly UK visits food and beer put it back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

It's not true that you can't lose weight/stay slim and not eat pasta, cake and ice-cream.  I eat all of those and drink beer every week, and I'm slim.  The key is to eat those products in moderation and to ensure that you exercise to burn off excess calories.  

(Snip,)

There must be a motivation. If all the pretty girls would ignore me and best case tell me I have to lose weight then probably I would be motivated. But that is not the case in Thailand.

Some people say they like to exercise. Really? I tried it a couple of times and I never liked it.

Possibly people live longer if they are not overweight and if they exercise and don't drink and don't smoke and don't eat this and that. I really don't care if I live 5 years longer but don't enjoy life because I have to "behave".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There must be a motivation. If all the pretty girls would ignore me and best case tell me I have to lose weight then probably I would be motivated. But that is not the case in Thailand.

Some people say they like to exercise. Really? I tried it a couple of times and I never liked it.

Possibly people live longer if they are not overweight and if they exercise and don't drink and don't smoke and don't eat this and that. I really don't care if I live 5 years longer but don't enjoy life because I have to "behave".

well, i am overweight now and i get turned off by my own fat.

i also notice i dont wake up with a boner when im fat,

which is depressing all by its own merit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

well, i was on holiday imo, and shorts under a palm tree

was kinda the very picture of being on holiday in thailand.

i regret it deeply now tho, it was her wish and that should have been enough reason, specially since i dont have a principle around it. the biggest catch is that i didnt recognize her wish, i thought it was bitching for the sake of bitching

No she wanted to show her foreign boyfriend had some self respect and class unlike many others foreigners.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I wasn’t respecting myself and nowadays many Thai bar girls know that and actually use that to their advantage.

The bar girls “respecting” themself or not?

dont think so.

Do you think people will respecting you if you with bar girl?

Don't think so.

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

How many of you now have lost your self respect as you get older ?

Why don’t you try to get a “respectable” girl? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I happen to like the natural look.  this is my preference .  a pretty girl does not need make up to be attractive (to me).  Quite the opposite.   I am not overweight,  and in pretty good shape. I dress very comfortably in clean but very casual attire.   When going to offices in the city or the bank I tidy up a bit more.   When I go to my local village town I dress as the natives do .  No one cares.   Generally they do not smell, nor do I.    Country life (and grooming) are different than city appearance requirements.   

And remember..... I am a sexy man !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Slip into to nearest Ozzie bar and relay that message ,nose job for free !

My British sister lives in Queensland, she went to a 'dressing DOWN' party with her husband in a rural area, she asked him,"how is that possible, I mean look at us"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

One time the lawn mower broke. I was wearing my my threadbare lawn mowing outfit: holes all over the place in the shirt, more holes in the jeans, holes in the tops of my old running shoes where my big toes poked out. Went down to the local repair shop, they couldn't fix the mower, so ended up continuing on into the big city stilll dressed in my lawn mowing outfit. While the repair shop was working on the mower, decided to kill time walk around town. Noticed a few people looking at me. Started affecting a jaunty gait, swung my arms more than usual, abruptly stopped, scratched my head, and looked behind me every so often just to add to the humorous ragtag affect. Started conversations with a few shopkeepers with the line 'farang mai mii ban ma laew' (the homeless farang has arrived). Got quite a few laughs, Explained what I was doing there and why I was dressed the way I was. People were amused. I don't think anyone thought the less of me as a result. Thais aren't as judgmental about how you dress as some here would have you believe.

rest assured your gf, if any, does give a shit,

lest she is paid staff, but even then odds are she cares

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The bar girls “respecting” themself or not?

dont think so.

Do you think people will respecting you if you with bar girl?

Don't think so.

Why don’t you try to get a “respectable” girl? 

A very good point. Learn the Thai language you will repel the bad ones and hopefully attract someone that has nothing to do with the bars or massage shops. Thais can spot a foreigner with a bar girl a mile away. It is such a common sight throughout Thailand. Sloppy foreigner with bar girl. Want the Thais to treat you with respect? Dress well , learn the language, avoid bar girls and foreigners that look like pigs. Hang with better company be polite and chances are good you will be much better off in Thailand. Don,t listen to my advice you deserve what you get. Its that simple.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

A very good point. Learn the Thai language you will repel the bad ones and hopefully attract someone that has nothing to do with the bars or massage shops. Thais can spot a foreigner with a bar girl a mile away. It is such a common sight throughout Thailand. Sloppy foreigner with bar girl. Want the Thais to treat you with respect? Dress well , learn the language, avoid bar girls and foreigners that look like pigs. Hang with better company be polite and chances are good you will be much better off in Thailand. Don,t listen to my advice you deserve what you get. Its that simple.

Every well educated Thai speaks english, so if you have to speak Thai with your gf how does that make you look higher class exactly?

Don,t listen to my advice you deserve what you get.

We will...

• Thanks 2