Lost Driving Licences - Renewal

EXSUB64

I have recently lost my thai driving Licences. I did some reading and it would appear that the initial step is to report to local police, they should then issue a report which you then present at local DVL office. 

So as I had to do reporting TM30 stuff at local police station Fairy Plaza KK, I reported my licences as missing. The police officer totally disinterested and told me to report to DVL. Has anyone else had to renew licences due to loss, if so what was your experience?

I also thought I had to report it to the police but it turned out that is not the case. This was in Pattaya but should apply nation wide.

But you do need (if I recall correctly) to head to immigration and get another certificate of residency and bring it to the DLT together with your passport. 

Anyway, a call to their call center (1584) should give you all the facts.

1 minute ago, Becker said:

I also thought I had to report it to the police but it turned out that is not the case. This was in Pattaya but should apply nation wide.

But you do need (if I recall correctly) to head to immigration and get another certificate of residency and bring it to the DLT together with your passport. 

I've got to go to immigration on Monday anyway for TM30 stuff so I will ask for residence cert at same time. I am assuming you didnt have to go through the daft tests again?

Just now, EXSUB64 said:

I've got to go to immigration on Monday anyway for TM30 stuff so I will ask for residence cert at same time. I am assuming you didnt have to go through the daft tests again?

No, I didn't. But had to queue for hours since the Pattaya office is crazy busy.

PS. I've edited my first post with additional info.

1 minute ago, Becker said:

No, I didn't. But had to queue for hours since the Pattaya office is crazy busy.

PS. I've edited my first post with additional info.

Yes, I've seen that. Thanks very much for the info ????

I asked about the registration that is attached to moto, which some ripped off.. two times different motos.. the said first have to file wit police and I think it was sane for license. I’m up in NE Kumphawapi 

area..

Replaced my lost licences today at Khon Kaen.

Steps as follows:

1. Photo copy passport and Visa, (×4) for good measure.

2. Photocopy accomodation rental agreement or what ever, if you own a property, (x4) as above.

3. Go to DVT and explain you need to replace lost items.

4. DVT will raise appropriate paperwork and ask for photo copies of various documents, see above. These will need to be signed by you and dated.

5. DVT will give you a letter requesting a Residency Certificate from the Immigration office.

6. Take the letter to Immigration office and hand it to the person at the 90 day reporting section.

7. 90 day reporting section will raise appropriate Residency Certificate having also ask you for photo copies of passport and rental agreement.

8. Take Cert to DVT and see staff again who will then raise more paperwork and ask for photocopies again.

9. You will then be asked to pay for licences 105thb and 155thb for bike and car, respectively.

10. Get mug shot taken and then get issued with new licences.

Word of warning: Dont bother going to try and get Residency certificate first without the letter from DVT, because you wont get it.

The whole process took all day. Went to DVT for 09:00 and finally got issued with licences around 14:30.

Be prepared to wait around and try not to get too frustrated.

Archived