Is it OK for a foreign man to have a mistress in Thailand

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe it makes sense to have two or three contacts on the side.

If the wife ask: Do you have another woman beside me?

The truthfull answer is: No. ???? 

Life is short...you have to embrace it....!!

take care

Hans.

After 35 years of playing around I'm quite happy with my (first and only) wife 15 years my junior and the knowledge I'm not going to die of HIV, hepatitis or have my balls fall off. Prostitutes are filthy.

I love my wife. I'm scratching her back right now. She cleaned, did my laundry and cooked all weekend for me. Wake up.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Are we talking a quick short time or a relationship that's going to cost you. A mia noi isn't going to be cheap is she? Don't think she's going to settle for an occasional meal, me personally, I'd rather buy my kid another present than give it away to a side dish. Guys with mia nois take care of them, have kids....But if you got the money, well why not. Me, I couldn't do it, couldn't explain to my little girl why daddy can't be home tonight.

• Like 2

Obviously, mia nois are acceptable in Thai culture, as this was recently officially re-affirmed at the highest level.

But it is down to the individuals if they accept it or not. I guess this is best laid out before formally marrying.

53 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

your GF is Chinese??

You lucky, lucky man!

lol

had a Chinese GF for a very short time recently - when she was talking on the phone with her mum, it sounded so horrible, I wanted her out ASAP.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

I like this one. Not for wives married with a foreigner ??

For ALL wifes. Or it´s acceptable if your wife has a young lover beside?

42 minutes ago, Hans007 said:

Thai women DO accept that men has GF on side...trust me

I asked my wife. She said "no". Perhaps it´s acceptable in an open relationship where the wife can have one or more lovers too. Talk with thai women, they hate that their men are cheating them. It´s also common that men drink a lot in Thailand but most women don´t like that. When I talk to a girl, not in Pattaya, one of the first questions is "do you drink alcohol?".

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hans007 said:

yes...especialy if you date every time another girl!!!!!!!,-) I agree. Its nice.

Right now my Chinese GF would cut it off if she find out what i just said here...luckely her english skill is very low...hahahahaha Use wechat translate or Yandex all the time.

My Chinese is getting better...ni hao!! LOL btw soooo many nice intresting chinese lady in Hua Hin...:-) just talk to them..usualy they are very open and in for some fun.

Take care.

Hans

listen to the state of yourself 

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

My wife said I can <deleted> who ever I like as long as its not someone she knows, dont worry I wouldn't <deleted> anybody you know

what's that about deleting people? is that a new fetish or something?

26 minutes ago, manarak said:

I would say your wife doesn't fully embrace Thai culture.

Shame on my Thai wife that she has not enough Thai culture inside her, same as all other Thai women they are divorced because their men are cheating them.

Obviously (almost) no wife would honestly accept it, they accept it because of having no choice (may that be financially and culturally at the same time,
specially Thai - Thai married families and all the bad talk that would come out in case of a divorce, not to mention the financial pressure).

I would say it is like weed in holland, not illegal or legal but watched trough the fingers as long the wife also gets what she wants.
And if you do, you do not discuss it. It may be a suspicion, but you are never supposed to confirm it. Saving face remember, lying is not a bad thing if saving face.

If I would have to separate the 'good' from the 'bad' Thai friends, the 'bad' ones say it is all fine and the 'good' ones would never tolerate it,
even the 'good' males would still sometimes do it in secret, obviously too.

Edited by tabarin

You see Swedenlars, you need to step outside of the bar scene and take a look a regular life...  your cynicism just highlights your lack of exposure to a wider Thailand where guys and gals are in perfectly normal relationships...  Where the girls are in fact uni-educated often to  Masters level either within or outside of Thailand and have decent careers, are Dr's, Dentists, Flight Attendants, Accountants, Lawyers, Teachers, Secretaries...  You may not believe this because you may never have had sufficient 'game' to meet such women - however, the list of careers I've just given are the careers some of my friends Wives and Girlfriends work as.

You don't believe it because its so far beyond the possibilities of your grasp - that suggests more about you and the circles within which you move rather than the validity of the claims others are making which I find perfectly normal and reasonable. 

I hear you. But I don't believe you. Actually, you are claiming things about me the same way as I supposedly do. Well, yes went to bars. But I was also a co-owner of a golf course. And there I met loads of expats like yourself with their wives (what did you say ?) ex-lawyers, secretaries, flight attendents aso. You call my post cynical. Yours does not reflect reality and that I don't like. Thai ladies in Thailand are gold diggers. Thats it. The only exceptions of good and faithful Thai wives I met in Europe. Some of them adapted quite well. But even there. Not too many. So my friend, dream on and be happy with your hi-so Thai Lady. These are the worst. Even moving with a wife to rural Isaan might be a better choice. If at all. Discussion closed. 

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Wives that don't care if their husbands have meaa nois probably don't really love their husbands much but put up with it provided the money keeps coming. They usually have a gik on the side of their own so when their husband is with his meea noi it gives them a chance to slip out and see their gik , usually younger and better looking than their old man.

You don't read the Thai news much.  All over the TV and papers about a new famous mia noi.  

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You see Swedenlars, you need to step outside of the bar scene and take a look a regular life...  your cynicism just highlights your lack of exposure to a wider Thailand where guys and gals are in perfectly normal relationships...  Where the girls are in fact uni-educated often to  Masters level either within or outside of Thailand and have decent careers, are Dr's, Dentists, Flight Attendants, Accountants, Lawyers, Teachers, Secretaries...  You may not believe this because you may never have had sufficient 'game' to meet such women - however, the list of careers I've just given are the careers some of my friends Wives and Girlfriends work as.

You don't believe it because its so far beyond the possibilities of your grasp - that suggests more about you and the circles within which you move rather than the validity of the claims others are making which I find perfectly normal and reasonable. 

My next door neighbors are school teachers of course the man has a mia noi.  I remember when the Prince of Wales said he was not going to be the first Prince of Wales not to have a mistress.

Doesn't everyone have one?