English? Non merci, French minister tells fellow citizens

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

I am French, you are right, French is a rich language but I don't say that it's better that the other languages

Maybe I am misinterpreting your post or maybe you are misinterpreting mine. But at no time did I say French, or English is better. I am native to the two and I wish I could speak more languages. I was pointing out to the guy I initially quoted that he was very nearsighted in his perception of the French language.

21 hours ago, PJPom said:

One has to admire the French for their unshakable belief in their superiority, of course they are wrong, God is an Englishman.

That's why in films, where aliens are in automatically the "earthmen" start to speak English... as they cannot imagine there is another language possible as English at all...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

while nobody outside France speaks French .it will never change .

Typical comment of a Brit: In very big parts of Africa, the former French and Belgium colonies, as well as in Quebec, they speak French. And in Europe: the west of Switzerland + Southern half of Belgium. 

• Haha 1

Lets keep this light hearted, no need to attack the frog eaters or the rost bif. At school I was forced to learn French, German and Latin, French seemed terribly hard and surprisingly German was the easiest, I’ll save my comments about Latin for another day.

France is a beautiful country, it’s architecture regarding soaring Cathederals and it’s Chateaus is really unsurpassed.

It’s countryside with the neatly tended hedgerows and tree lined roads, supposedly planted on Napoleons orders to give shade to his marching armies.

The food and it’s varieties is world famous, well worth trying.

To sum all this up France is a fabulous country, but unfortunately ruined by being full of Frenchmen who speak an unintelligible language.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

Typical comment of a Brit: In very big parts of Africa, the former French and Belgium colonies, as well as in Quebec, they speak French. And in Europe: the west of Switzerland + Southern half of Belgium. 

Ok a few places speak French , but well ,not exactly widley spoken ,lol by the way they also speak English a lot in Quebec and Switzerland and oh in Belgium ,couldnt say about Africa , but hey who goes there .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Maybe I am misinterpreting your post or maybe you are misinterpreting mine. But at no time did I say French, or English is better.

I didn't  speak for you, it's my own reflexion, that 's all ???? , no language is better than the other, Thai language, that I know, too, is very interesting  with a fabulous writing and spelling 

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Lets keep this light hearted, no need to attack the frog eaters or the rost bif. At school I was forced to learn French, German and Latin, French seemed terribly hard and surprisingly German was the easiest, ...

To sum all this up France is a fabulous country, but unfortunately ruined by being full of Frenchmen who speak an unintelligible language.

For me, German is more difficult than French, grammar is very hard ...

23 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Do you have difficulty reading your own posts?

I said she was burned by the English, that's a historical fact. What part didn't you understand, what her being convicted by a French judge has to do with anything, did the French burned her? noooooo

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I said she was burned by the English, that's a historical fact. What part didn't you understand, what her being convicted by a French judge has to do with anything, did the French burned her? noooooo

Did I say that she wasn't burnt by the English?  nooooooo

• Sad 1

Just now, nahkit said:

what her being convicted by a French judge has to do with anything

The French court convicted her and passed the sentence, the English carried out the sentence. You don't think there is any connection between the two things?

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Ok, I am joking & not being Francist...

But who, in their right bloody mind would call a Potato an Apple....?

Can't trust 'em, rum lot, the French!

*Let's hope the hoi polloi get what I mean*

:laugh:

Yeah and what other nation bar the French would put a 'C' on hot water taps.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Ok a few places speak French , but well ,not exactly widley spoken ,lol by the way they also speak English a lot in Quebec and Switzerland and oh in Belgium ,couldnt say about Africa , but hey who goes there .

To Francophone Afrique.. a LOT of people, but British get language-sick when the are more than 20 miles east of the White Cliffs of Dover… 

4 hours ago, PJPom said:

France is a beautiful country, it’s architecture regarding soaring Cathederals and it’s Chateaus is really unsurpassed.

It’s countryside with the neatly tended hedgerows and tree lined roads, supposedly planted on Napoleons orders to give shade to his marching armies.

The food and it’s varieties is world famous, well worth trying.

I agree with all, except "unintelligible language". Quite simple to learn… if you are willing… Also never had a problem to switch to English. German was more a problem except in the East.

And trees alongside roads.. are already since Roman times...

• Haha 1

I've just come back from a holiday in Austria. Everyone I met spoke English including the Serbian taxi driver. All the tourist signs are in German and English except the 'dont touch signs' which are in a myriad of languages, especially Chinese. The simple reason for this is most of the people visiting Austria do not speak German but many speak English as a second language. I work for a German company with their head office in Heidelberg and they have business interests in over 120 countries but all meeting are carried out in English even when we are in France. The French are clinging to their language instead of letting it evolve. English is the international language for business, unless two trading partners speak the same language. Even my Chinese colleagues speak English to each other so as not to argue over Mandarin and Cantonese.

• Like 1

...awh... yes....Cultural behaviors with some displaying rudeness, when you attempt to be civil and speak French only to have some Highly self-important CLERK, to tell you to go back to your own country... My elbow to them and my tourist dollars go elsewhere..