SURVEY: TM 30 -- How serious is it?

SURVEY: TM 30 -- How serious is it?  

362 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently had a holiday in Koh Samed and Pattaya.  I renewed my extension last week with no problems.  I've never filed a TM30 in 20 years and last week was no exception.  It was never mentioned and everything done in under 15 mins.
Where do you live?
I have never ever had a Visa extension done in under FIVE hours at Chaeng Wattana. Even though I have received a number at about 7.30

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

He wont come to your house to get the 800bt, he will wait until you need to visit the office for a 90 day report, extension, COR. Then you will be required to do a TM30 and pay the fine.

You beat me to it.
So many smart <deleted> here. I won't do this , I wont do that.
Many get away with it, but those that get caught get punished.

• Like 1

I go to Immigration yearly, then quarterly, and now everytime I leave town. The TM30 may have been useful thirty years ago, now not so much. The 'authorities' track me by my phone movements and which ATM I use. They don't need a TM30 as often as they wish, I should not need to visit Immigration more than 5 times a year.
All this was possible 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Hotel owner, guesthouse owner, house owner, TM30 is not their responsibility??

It seems Thai immigration are not the only ones who make up their own rules. I have been reading all the time here on Thaivisa recently about how hotels etc, have to fill out TM30 whenever you stay there. This is Thailand right enough.

Clearly you do not do your extensions CW. It is not solely "owner" responsibility. There is an "or" in reg you have omitted.

Advise your friends to carry 800baht to CW for next extension relying upon "owner responsible"

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Clearly you do not do your extensions CW. It is not solely "owner" responsibility. There is an "or" in reg you have omitted.

Advise your friends to carry 800baht to CW for next extension relying upon "owner responsible"

My house Owner lives in Germany is unaware about when I come and go or my whereabouts, I file a TM 28 every time I return too Thailand to cover my butt and Jomtien tell me I have too.

20 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My house Owner lives in Germany is unaware about when I come and go or my whereabouts, I file a TM 28 every time I return too Thailand to cover my butt and Jomtien tell me I have too.

Really? I thought Jomtien did not require tm30?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Really? I thought Jomtien did not require tm30?

I have a Non O Immigrant Multi Entry Visa, it’s required, not required if you have an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa another anomaly of the Thailands Visa rules.

9 hours ago, MartinKal said:

If there was some official explanation of why this is necessary it would help swing people into line. It's always best to discuss change with people affected, and listen to them, if only to avoid making mistakes.

That’s called logic.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have a Non O Immigrant Multi Entry Visa, it’s required, not required if you have an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa another anomaly of the Thailands Visa rules.

Thanks Jumbo. Strange they insist upon it for non o multi and not my situation extension based on retirement. 

But who the heck knows in Thailand. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks Jumbo. Strange they insist upon it for non o multi and not my situation extension based on retirement. 

But who the heck knows in Thailand. 

Maybe as I need too leave every 90 Days they assume I won’t be coming back to the same address although I do.

Their assumption would be some one on a ‘Retirement Visa’ lives permanently here and always return too the same address.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

A handsome guy like me does not need to be involved with short time rooms. ????

So you got suckered into long time. Did she say she loves you?

(I’m just taking a piss by the way. Not serious.)

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes, I thought it was the TM 28, and the TM30 for the hotel or whatever, but this is Thailand, and the IOs can interpretate the rules anyway they like, but always to their advantage.

So I am not an expat anymore I just come here for a holiday some times

so call me a tourist when i arrive I will sleep the first 2 nights in my

friends place and then 2 weeks in a hotel does my friend has to report

I stay in his place for 2 nights or is it OK just for the hotel to report since

I need to put the address on my TM6

Just now, White Christmas13 said:

For me you could any address on your TM6, it’s not inputted into the system. Just imagine how long it would take inputting every arrivals address. There have been reports of long delays recently and that’s only for fingerprints.

8 hours ago, 30la said:

I believe that all this panic was generated by the person who eventually created the petition, probably aiming to become known as a foreign lawyer in Thailand and being able to do some client!
Maybe I'm wrong ....

You've got it back to front. The petition was created as a result of all the panic and ill will that the hard enforcement of this rule has brought. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

For me you could any address on your TM6, it’s not inputted into the system. Just imagine how long it would take inputting every arrivals address. There have been reports of long delays recently and that’s only for fingerprints.

I just don't like my friend to get in to trouble or get fined he would not

know how or where to report that I stay in his place

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

have to fill in TM6 before I enter Thailand

They don’t input the address at the airport, as I said how long would the queues be if they inputted everyone’s address plus how many foreigners can write their address in English and how many IO people can read English ?

Address for 15 years on 90 day reports, on extension applications, on re entry applications, on arrival cards. yet within 24 hours (my IO) tells me I have to go and tell them what it is yet again, they must have it on over 100 bit of paper. Now you need to do it if you go away in country for a few days, and some head in the sand types on here claim things here are getting better!

Edited by Orton Rd

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

They don’t input the address at the airport, as I said how long would the queues be if they inputted everyone’s address plus how many foreigners can write their address in English and how many IO people can read English ?

I just hope you are right

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was held up last year by the person in front who did not know his address, had to wait while he phoned somebody up so he could write it down on the card, has it changed since then?

5 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I just hope you are right

So Immigration are going to turn up at your friends house because he didn’t do a TM30 ? If you never need to visit an Immigration Office on your visit there won’t be a problem.

33 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Put the hotel address. Don't mention your friend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So Immigration are going to turn up at your friends house because he didn’t do a TM30 ? If you never need to visit an Immigration Office on your visit there won’t be a problem.

no that is not what I mean the hotel i stay in for about 2 weeks has to report me by law

so if I put in a date 2 days  later I arrive in that hotel they will get fined because I need

to put in the date and accommodation on my TM

5 hours ago, RBOP said:

Fined 3,000 baht for no TM30 for not reporting myself, baby and wife.

Fining you for non reporting of your baby is outrageous. Hard to believe this is even legal, considering children under 15 here don't incur fines for overstay.