Life in Thailand is boring, I need some adventure!

1 minute ago, tifino said:

the Trifecta? :thumbsup: 

Check Wat Chalermprakiat also. This place has amazing views and was only built 15y ago. When I went there was only thai tourists. 

Another place with only thai tourists that looks amazing is Wat Phra Sorn Kaew in petchabum at top of montains. There’s a very nice relaxing hotel there and a local school and two unique temples and nice view and that’s all. Bring a laptop and enjoy some time alone. 

Theres a lot more places. Just ask ????

• Like 1

Bored or depressed? It can be a fine line.

I've been bored here for years, but stuck here for the time being with family etc..but yes bars and shopping malls and that's about it..my mother in the UK is 81 and has a way better social life then me..she actually does things..remember that?

• Like 2

Sure, try CEBU, its great for a change.  I have been where you are now, I have noticed everyone drinks, smoke, and has lots of sex.  Sex in Cebu is cheaper than Thailand, people are more genuine, but there are limits.  Heck, what do you have to lose.  Try it.  GO somewhere else.  Thai girls charge way too much and most are boys under the hood.  

1 hour ago, kellersphuket said:

Ive seen what I wanna see and thats all that matters bro.

not sure if visiting some remote dusty village in rural isaan will change my perspective but hey you never know! 

Then I'm really sorry for you wasting the last 5 years of your life hating your situation, the people around you and the daily drinking and actively choosing to do nothing about it.

I'd be on the next plane out of here and not waste another precious day if I were you.

@The OP:

You seem that you are experienced man. The thing is a person is the product of his/her environment. The life is what you make to.

You talk about changing country, it is not a bad idea cause just the thought of traveling is exciting. But it is not a long term solution. So if you want some change, break that routine you got. Start with a week/weekend trip to some new city, clear up your mind, you might be inspired, might get new ideas, like instead of going to your bar, you take a walk in park/beach road, the gym is nice place, you'll meet people..see  a movie....Break that routine, is the key. As you understood from some posts, nothing is wrong with LoS. Many are still enjoying living here....Wish you the best..

9 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

what do you mean bro?

Don't trust everyone and anyone, but Philippines culture is much more kinder and gentler.  Customer service is a high priority.  However, in life, everyone will try to get something from you.  They either want money or sex, after that it's a grab bag of what they want to get from or out of you. However, don't be surprised when you get to Philippines, everyone is drunk there too, just like Thailand and all over the world. Many people drink, party, and drink more.  Sometimes it seems like a pointless existence to me.  Carefuly choose who you surround yourself with, find people of like mind...aim for people as good, or better than you.  Raise yourself to new heights. Life is more exciting.  However, it is all up to you.  This is your life and what you do with it is only between you and your maker.  Choose wisely...godspeed.   

Edited by mike787
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Don't trust everyone and anyone, but Philippines culture is much more kinder and gentler.  Customer service is a high priority.  However, in life, everyone will try to get something from you.  They either want money or sex, after that it's a grab bag of what they want to get from or out of you.  

right now phils sounds awesome man.  just been watching a video that says the cops are rarely seen and never stop foreigners on bikes for bribes. 

dude, sounds like heaven! I got stopped in Phuket yesterday becasue I was white. One flash of my licence sent him packing though.

2 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

right now phils sounds awesome man.  just been watching a video that says the cops are rarely seen and never stop foreigners on bikes for bribes. 

dude, sounds like heaven! I got stopped in Phuket yesterday becasue I was white. One flash of my licence sent him packing though.

Thailand is a constant shakedown...never dam ending.  Everyone and anyone will take...

Edited by mike787
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

I think you sad because you lonely. Have nothing. Must pay for “love”

That is incorrect... You pay to be able to walk away...... That my friend is very very different !

That only depends on how stupid you are when you marry. So, it´s definately not incorrect. What you just mentioned is an excuse from start made up out of guy paying for love, to have something to say to not make it sound so terrible.

9 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

What ? That's because they are all busy trying to hold down the insane murder rate - life is very cheap there. A friend of a friend pissed off a local girl and was executed as he sat in a bar - gun point blank to the head - around 1000 baht !

Its the child sex capital of the world and the food is horrendous !

If that's your idea of heaven your problems are only just beginning ….

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So, OP, if you don´t have anything to do you just take the bottle and drink. I hope you know that is not the answer.

You have seen everything you say. I can tell you, then it´s not gonna be much different anywhere else. Most countries offer the same, with just a small twist.

This do not have to do with any country. I has to dp with you, your attitude and your choices in life.

For example. Nobody is forcing you to go to the bar at see the same people everyday, drinking the same amount of beer and probably almost talk about the same things everyday.

You could just decide, that it´s time for a trip to Bangkok as you say is boring. Yes, it might be, because you compare it with a night out. Sam as Phuket offer and same as you choose to do every afternoon in the bar. Maybe try go look in Icon Siam, that is situated very beautiful by the river. Fantastic scenery around 19-21 at evenings. You could just go take a look at the new Parliament Building.

That´s just 2 examples, and the same things don´t fit all. It´s just made up to address the main point. The fact that you fallen into that everything has to be girls and drinking, lika the same bar everyday and that it must be a night out in Bangkok. Maybe just try go out and eat in a good restaurant, with a little bit lassy beer or a good glass of wine, instead of burning the money in a bar.

About the price for company. Yes, it has gone up, and is definately not 400 anymore, unless you seek your luck outside Khao San area.
4000 though is a bit stiff. Occasionly I have found it to be around 2000 for good company, and maybe lucky with 1500 during the low season.

Just get out of the sad routine, that´s what´s wrong. Changing country ain´t gonna change that. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

I'm still thinking about going to Cebu on a tourist visa after going back to the states for a while. Ive been researching the phils more and more and it seems that its got a lot to offer the bored western guy looking for adventure.

Phnom Penh is where the action is these days, and beer at 50c-75c a glass. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Thailand is currently highly overrated. Diverse country? Is that s joke? 

because it lost its third world charm? big bwana no longer gets the respect with his now tiny pension getting smaller by the day. how the tables have turned !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

looks pretty run down dude. not a big fan of cities anyway, i need beaches.

Barretto in the Philippines than, 20 nightclubs employing 600 ladies in a 1 kilometer stretch of beach front.

And it's a really nice beach, but beer is slightly more expensive at $1 a bottle.

Philippines is also 'pretty run down', everywhere.

Edited by BritManToo

42 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

What ? That's because they are all busy trying to hold down the insane murder rate - life is very cheap there. A friend of a friend pissed off a local girl and was executed as he sat in a bar - gun point blank to the head - around 1000 baht !

Its the child sex capital of the world and the food is horrendous !

If that's your idea of heaven your problems are only just beginning ….

And that's only the scratch on the surface.....

It's not all roses there, just the opposite in fact, the longer you're there & more in touch with the pulse of the place.....

It looks a lot better from the outside than the reality.....

Unless you're confined to a foreigner bubble enclave.....

2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

I been all over bro. I'm over it.

I need something new.

I used to love it here but since 2014 I can't really say that I have enjoyed myself at all.

Yeah. That is when the hapless, incompetent, race hating army took over. The kind of sucked the joy, and some of the lightheartedness out of the air here. I am waiting for the youth to figure out a way to get rid of them once and for all. They are toxic, they do not serve the nation, and they suck the blood of the people. 

Not sure the PI is any better. From my point of view, the only things there that are better, are the women (who are incredible, speak good english, do not have such unreasonable expectations, and are far more open minded and Westernized than most Thai women), the more Westernized attitude, and the comprehension of English. The rest of it is pretty dismal, to me anyway. The entire nation feels like one huge Tijuana. The food is horrendous, the air quality is terrible (with that nasty low grade of fuel they use) and the security situation is not something I would want to have to deal with on a daily basis. But, that's just me. Some guys seem to love it. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

You've got it all wrong.

What makes you think I want love????

The thought of love makes me feel sick.

Hope you recover.

3 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

and what have you got against people from afirca? do you think you are above them as well?

No. But you have a budget of 400 baht. Think you to look for starvation people.

• Confused 1

In my experience for girls, sex and some drinking, the Phils is actually better.

The exchange rate is very good with US and most everyone speaks English.

Not a bad choice at all.  If not here I would be there in a second.

PS:  The food complaints are a joke there are western places, malls and many choices you can live there happily/easily never eating Phil food.

Edited by bkk6060