3 year lease - Exempted from 24h TM30 reporting

Just because this isnt insane enough.. Lets add more complexity to the mix.. 

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/08/bangkok-immigration-want-expats-to-register-their-address-every-time-they-return-from-a-holiday-to-another-province/?fbclid=IwAR2FSf6o8wf0Zx7xrxP-1LlOy4u63N9Q-vOYZkKCinAlJ9YvWsDEnksNoXQ

As you can see in the examples above, they don’t consider our “home” as a permanent residence because most of us are non-immigrants. In their eyes, every time we stay at a friend’s house or even a hotel, they consider that as our new “home”. So, when we go back to the place that we consider to be our home, a TM30 needs to be filed again. However, they did say that if we had a minimum contract of three years, they would then consider that as our permanent address and that we don’t need to file a TM30 again for the length of that contract. In this case, three years. But as this doesn’t seem to be mentioned in the law, it will be up to the consideration of Immigration officials at each office.

Its hard to image how much less clear or consistent immigration could make this variable enforcement !!! But that goes a long way to trying to make it more confused. 

So I have a 3 year house lease, I can do it once and never again according to this immigration ?? 

46 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Rental contracts in excess of three years require the renter to be entered on the chantote,as in 30 ++ year lease I believe so how is that going to work?

And you still have to report so this does not make sense, but then what's new here.

I recently filed my first one in almost 20 years. I own my condo and many others. They still want me to not only file the form (can do online from condo reception) but they also want me to STILL come in with the online proof so they can in turn give me another paper. 1600b fine if I don’t. 

I also use a fantastic agent who has never had problems in the past but this one is out of their hands.

Registering online isn’t enough for them. 

It’s beyond insanity.

Paying the fine is easier and what I’ll do in the future. My time is an asset and it isn’t going to be wasted dealing with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This make no sense. Meaning I have to do a zero Baht renting contract (3 years or above) with my wife?? Or is the actual marriage certificate sufficient , if you are married?

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Absolutely, I totally agree with this post.

However, in general, each and every time you deal with an Immigration Office and they raise a TM30 problem, all can be solved with a 1600 Baht fine, whatever you think of that. So, it is not the reporting that is the issue, it is the money.
Unless it is about principle, it seems to be easier to pay a 1600 - 2000 THB fine rather than having the headache of trying to figure out the rules and interpretations. Just looking at it as a cost of doing business and relative to the time saved

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure why they pulled this 3 year thing out; maybe someone came up with it over pre-dinner cocktails?

Their cocktail fund has increased enormously in the past few months, leading to some very muddled thinking. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Hopefully Big Oud will issue some sort of "Directive" supporting this new "rule".

I would suspect that he actually has no idea of how this is being implemented, I think he's has a "military mind" and has issued a directive full stop, and is shielded, or unaware, of the mess that has now ensued.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

This make no sense. Meaning I have to do a zero Baht renting contract (3 years or above) with my wife?? Or is the actual marriage certificate sufficient , if you are married?

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Same for me, I have owned and lived in the same property for the last 13 years. I don't even have a rental contract.

9 hours ago, dcnx said:

I recently filed my first one in almost 20 years. I own my condo and many others. They still want me to not only file the form (can do online from condo reception) but they also want me to STILL come in with the online proof so they can in turn give me another paper. 1600b fine if I don’t. 

I also use a fantastic agent who has never had problems in the past but this one is out of their hands.

Registering online isn’t enough for them. 

It’s beyond insanity.

Paying the fine is easier and what I’ll do in the future. My time is an asset and it isn’t going to be wasted dealing with this.

Until they deny an extension for failing to fulfil your obligations under law.

Then you will have plenty of time.

You own a few condos? Maybe better getting legal than bragging on an internet forum.

I do understand your concern. The TM30 can also be used to track landlords and who is paying, or not paying tax. Ouch. might get messy.

Edited by emptypockets