250THB per day budget on Sukhumvit.

30 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Going by all your posts i have read,you sound like the life of a party ????

Every post of yours either has some negativety or anger

suppose Thailand makes you miserable after sometime☹️

No George I am very happy here, nothing to be angry about. I can get a bit sarky and negative when some plonker says something stupid though. You can ignore me if you want to.

Or you could pop over to one of my parties, plenty of home made vino available !   LOL

And the reference to EFF & EWE obviously went over your head. You try to refer to Karl Douglas's song! Or abbreviate The Football Association.

Edited by wgdanson

Just now, spidermike007 said:

So very sorry to hear. My worst nightmare. Waking up in the morning, and having to count every baht I spend. My life would essentially be over. For me, not much joy in that. I guess to each his own.

I want to be like this, i enjoy living on the cheap, Thais actually trat me better when they know theres no money to ripoff, I meet genuine thais this way ,Not ones pretending to be my friends for money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Anything's possible, But for now i think Bangkok is a better option.

Pattaya would take a higher level of self control, Here in bangkok I prefer to be a little bit poor , It helps control urges.

Out of curiosity how much is your daily rent, electricity, phone bills etc.

I suspect if you added those into the equation it come to more than 250 to 300 baht a day.

• Thanks 1

200-300 food maybe yes - but when adding in that rent , electric , extra aircon, wifi, etc, that bill is much higher - and 10k basics now suddenly becomes 30k living expenses and then 33k adding in your visa if you use an agent, 35k if travelling a little.

I can live on half of 300 a day from 7/11 and survive. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Shave your head wear a saffron robe and walk the streets bare feets and you can even save more and live chapter...

mm walking barefoot, need to save for the doctors accounts

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2019 at 10:01 AM, Denim said:

Lived ?   You mean existed surely ?

:cheesy: that was my thinking as well, not sure how long I could just exist, 

and not revert to some adventures, or at least a steak. 

Food for thought though in Bangkok, the 5 star hotels like to place their staff out front during lunch break for sidewalk dining.

Can get some great grub for less than 80 bht that way. 

Many of the teachers also have the happy hours narrowed down, 

so they can pull back a few, and enjoy some comfort food for less than 200 bht for all you can drink during a certain period of time. I don't drink so it never investigated their routine, 

but this is just in case you're interested in some occasional adventure, to break the existence routine... Lol

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Anything's possible, But for now i think Bangkok is a better option.

Pattaya would take a higher level of self control, Here in bangkok I prefer to be a little bit poor , It helps control urges.

Prefer to be a little bit poor, or forced to be a little bit poor?

Considering your previous posts I can guess which one is correct.

Are you off the grog now?

On 8/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

With thais i have noticed the more money you have the more money you pay.

i like living like this, it suite me, i like thailand on a peasants budget it helps to gain perspective.  

Nah your just punishing yourself for past life indulgence

On 8/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

With thais i have noticed the more money you have the more money you pay.

i like living like this, it suite me, i like thailand on a peasants budget it helps to gain perspective.  

But why travel all this way to live on a peasant budget???????......Dont get people mindset sometimes?

OP, that "lifestyle" sounds neither healthy nor fun to me. Am I missing something? Since your budget breakdown is for food only, you could survive on the same amount in pretty much any other country (emphasis on survive), so I don't even see what makes Thailand stand out in your opinion.