Marriage visa and 400,000

4 minutes ago, marcho said:

Pretty sure you can only take half out. Then put it back in 2 months before you next apply. They check your bank book when you next apply to see your transactions.

Same goes with Retirement visa. 

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, marcho said:

Pretty sure you can only take half out. Then put it back in 2 months before you next apply. They check your bank book when you next apply to see your transactions.

Completely incorrect info. That is not required for an extension of stay based upon marriage. It is only needed for an extension based upon retirement.

• Like 2

Just to add...when I recently went to Immigration they said I can't spend any for the month after I get the extension !?

I "think" they make it up as they go along ... :whistling:

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

1 minute ago, RAZZELL said:

Just to add...when I recently went to Immigration they said I can't spend any for the month after I get the extension !?

I "think" they make it up as they go along ... :whistling:

RAZZ

You mean the month, while you have to wait for receive your extension? If that this would be normal.

If you already have waited the 1 month and now received your extension it should not be 1 extra month....

2 hours ago, travelerjim said:
14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do whatever you want to with the 400k baht after your get your one year extension stamp.

Note key words   AFTER YOU GET THE ONE YEAR STAMP...NOT BEFORE

I went to apply for my marriage extension last week in Udon.

Was given an under consideration stamp for four weeks. Was given another date verbally by the IO to report again in three weeks with an updated bank statement showing the 400KB still in the account.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I went to apply for my marriage extension last week in Udon.

Was given an under consideration stamp for four weeks. Was given another date verbally by the IO to report again in three weeks with an updated bank statement showing the 400KB still in the account.

Yes, that's normal. While you are under the consideration period you have to keep the 400K in your bank account. 

18 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Yes, that's normal. While you are under the consideration period you have to keep the 400K in your bank account. 

That's fair enough, but this is the first year anyone has shown any interest in checking the account balance after my application.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That's fair enough, but this is the first year anyone has shown any interest in checking the account balance after my application.

I made my one in January and they already were checking this at Chaeng Wattana.

Last year, I think they were not checking that. But this year it seems this pretty normal everywhere for extensions based on marriage.

I’m lucky enough that the amount in my account isn’t of concern during the approval period, but when I got a phone call from immigration telling me to collect my visa, I asked if I needed to bring a further statement or letter from the bank to confirm anything - no, just your passport. I even got the wife to double check. 

Point is, ask your immigration office, they can all be different, even then double check.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, recom273 said:

I’m lucky enough that the amount in my account isn’t of concern during the approval period, but when I got a phone call from immigration telling me to collect my visa, I asked if I needed to bring a further statement or letter from the bank to confirm anything - no, just your passport. I even got the wife to double check. 

Point is, ask your immigration office, they can all be different, even then double check.

But I think I would not risk to use that money while the consideration period, even when they tell you not need. Then when you want pick up and some other Immigration Officier wants to see the bank book you would be in trouble. Better stay above the 400K while under consideration.

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Currently I'm on a 60 day extension based on marriage. How far in advance of the end of that 60 days can I apply for my 12 month extension based on marriage? Thank you.

I believe the application must be made during the last 15 days of that visa but that some offices may accept it 30 days before.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Currently I'm on a 60 day extension based on marriage. How far in advance of the end of that 60 days can I apply for my 12 month extension based on marriage? Thank you.

30 days at some offices and 45 days at others.

You will have to ask them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

I believe the application must be made during the last 15 days of that visa but that some offices may accept it 30 days before.

There is no minimum number of days to apply for an extension of stay. It can be done up to the last day.

The majority of offices will accept a application up to 30 days early and some 45 days.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no minimum number of days to apply for an extension of stay. It can be done up to the last day.

The majority of offices will accept a application up to 30 days early and some 45 days.

Thank you for clarifying that Joe - I may be wrong but I thought it was you that advised me of the 15 and 30 day situation in another thread where I was trying to find a solution to a freind's potential dilema due to implications connected with the E-Visa system?