U.S. Expatriates in Pattaya - Gatherings?

Thomas J

Since this forum is suppose to be about Pub Fun I was wondering if there are any regular groups from the USA that get together in Pattaya. One thing that is difficult about the retirement here is the lack of people to talk with from the USA. 

50 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

Listen to MSNBC, CNN or Fox News and note the adjectives used to describe people and their opinions. Imagine listening to this every day month in and month out.

And now you know why I've been watching more One America News. LOL.  I still watch Fox, especially "the five" when I can get the full program, but they only bash the lies from the other networks and make fun of the lying politicians, even the republican liers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I thought that's what the Pattaya Expats Club was for - https://pattayaexpatsclub.info/wp/

That is one of the two English speaking expat clubs in Pattaya - often referred to as the English club.  I belong to the other club, Pattaya City Expats Club http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/, which used to be referred to as the American club, but that is a misnomer as it also has a large number of attendees at their meetings from UK, Australia, and Canada as well as some attendees from many other countries. Its Governing Board has members from USA, UK, Australia, South Africa, and the Netherlands.

They meet on Sunday mornings at the Holiday Inn Pattaya's Executive Tower (located behind their Bay Tower which fronts Beach Road) and have several special interest groups formed by members that meet weekly or periodically outside of the regular meetings.

Edited by soisanuk

2 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

WHY ALL THE HATRED TOWARD AMERICANS?????????

I am American and 'proud to be American'..... I think it is nothing more than 'ENVY'...........

Just because some Americans elected Trump for 4 years..... That isn't the real America...... Mostly in America we are a 'well cared for' bunch and we are happy to be American.... I am a 'world traveler' and probably been to 'your' country (I have visited 89 countries of this world)..... And of all of them I haven't found one of them that i would give up my USA Citizenship for.......

countradictme if you like BUT please have some 'justification' that is more substantial than my comparison to visiting 89 different countries....... Forget any 'feeble minded' contestations....... Have some substantuation if you countradict me.....

Thanks...... Ken

Are you sure 4 years?

2 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

WHY ALL THE HATRED TOWARD AMERICANS?????????

I am American and 'proud to be American'..... I think it is nothing more than 'ENVY'...........

Just because some Americans elected Trump for 4 years..... That isn't the real America...... Mostly in America we are a 'well cared for' bunch and we are happy to be American.... I am a 'world traveler' and probably been to 'your' country (I have visited 89 countries of this world)..... And of all of them I haven't found one of them that i would give up my USA Citizenship for.......

countradictme if you like BUT please have some 'justification' that is more substantial than my comparison to visiting 89 different countries....... Forget any 'feeble minded' contestations....... Have some substantuation if you countradict me.....

Thanks...... Ken

I think your comments perfectly answers your first sentence.

I can assure you it is NOT envy-its a backlash to the arrogant  'we're the greatest' 'Murka, Yeah' mentality. Not everyone in the world needs group hugs and high 5s- they tend to be more secure in their life and rarely need counselling.

Why do Americans feel the need to share and instantly tell one the story of their life as well. 'Hi' I'm from California, that's in the US you know. Back home we eat cheeseburgers the size of horses and drink 3 beers (wow, do you think you're an alcoholic?) " WE DON'T CARE!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if I would use the word hatred but I certainly would say the world generally has huge misconceptions about the USA.  What people "believe" is what they "perceive".  That perception is shaped by the news media and internet.  The news media use to "report" news today they are propaganda arms that massage the message and even go so far as to tell the viewer/reader what to believe.  If you listened to many Europeans they think the USA is a lawless region where people strap on guns to protect themselves.  The truth is the majority of the homicides are concentrated in urban minority gang areas.  The USA does have 330 million people so yes we have more incidents of violence.  To hear the average European talk about Trump you would think he was elected by some radical fringe group.  Neither the European or US Media ever showcases the accomplishments.  Lowest unemployment in 50 years, lowest black, hispanic, asian, and woman unemployment rates in history.  Why?  First off most of the media is bias towards liberalism and second, a story that creates a rift between two opposing viewpoints gets far more viewership than complimenting one.  As to the fringe group electing Trump.  Attached is the map of the counties that voted for Trump over Clinton.  Unlike most other countries in the world we are comprised of a mosaic of ethnicities.  The major cities are predominately minority and hence beholden to the Democrats for government benefits.  The vast majority of the country is not deranged.  They are just tired of going to work every day to support those who choose not to support themselves. The red on the attached map are the counties that voted for Trump.  The blue areas are almost exclusively large urban areas comprised of large minority populations. 
1506756918_TrumpVotes.JPG.176b353c79da9debd161f6d49a810866.JPG
A sorry load of falsehoods, disingenuous distortions, and pro "trump" white nationalist propaganda. Maybe take that noise to a political topic?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I think your comments perfectly answers your first sentence.

I can assure you it is NOT envy-its a backlash to the arrogant  'we're the greatest' 'Murka, Yeah' mentality. Not everyone in the world needs group hugs and high 5s- they tend to be more secure in their life and rarely need counselling.

Why do Americans feel the need to share and instantly tell one the story of their life as well. 'Hi' I'm from California, that's in the US you know. Back home we eat cheeseburgers the size of horses and drink 3 beers (wow, do you think you're an alcoholic?) " WE DON'T CARE!!!
Americans do tend to be loud and pushing the narrative that the world revolves around them. But I assume some of them are good people.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I don't know if I would use the word hatred but I certainly would say the world generally has huge misconceptions about the USA.  What people "believe" is what they "perceive".  That perception is shaped by the news media and internet.  The news media use to "report" news today they are propaganda arms that massage the message and even go so far as to tell the viewer/reader what to believe.  If you listened to many Europeans they think the USA is a lawless region where people strap on guns to protect themselves.  The truth is the majority of the homicides are concentrated in urban minority gang areas.  The USA does have 330 million people so yes we have more incidents of violence.  To hear the average European talk about Trump you would think he was elected by some radical fringe group.  Neither the European or US Media ever showcases the accomplishments.  Lowest unemployment in 50 years, lowest black, hispanic, asian, and woman unemployment rates in history.  Why?  First off most of the media is bias towards liberalism and second, a story that creates a rift between two opposing viewpoints gets far more viewership than complimenting one.  As to the fringe group electing Trump.  Attached is the map of the counties that voted for Trump over Clinton.  Unlike most other countries in the world we are comprised of a mosaic of ethnicities.  The major cities are predominately minority and hence beholden to the Democrats for government benefits.  The vast majority of the country is not deranged.  They are just tired of going to work every day to support those who choose not to support themselves. The red on the attached map are the counties that voted for Trump.  The blue areas are almost exclusively large urban areas comprised of large minority populations. 

Trump Votes.JPG

No, no, it's not the media. As the previous poster said it's the smug self-regard, the overwhelming, mind numbing verbosity, the awful sense of humour, the history related through Hollywood (it's based on a true story - yes, of course it is) and the fact that Americans can't spell.

And rap music.

• Thanks 1

No, no, it's not the media. As the previous poster said it's the smug self-regard, the overwhelming, mind numbing verbosity, the awful sense of humour, the history related through Hollywood (it's based on a true story - yes, of course it is) and the fact that Americans can't spell.

And rap music.
The rap is a feature!

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A sorry load of falsehoods, disingenuous distortions, and pro "trump" white nationalist propaganda. Maybe take that noise to a political topic?

JIngthing.  Not falsehoods  Perhaps you should LOOK up some Facts before calling something propaganda. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Pivot_Counties:_The_counties_that_voted_Obama-Obama-Trump_from_2008-2016?gclid=Cj0KCQjwv8nqBRDGARIsAHfR9wCF7th0Rq0HXbket9HCVGnecxIQGeWB0XrVFFyGdQF9TV6cmPTtH70aAh6TEALw_wcB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Trump Votes.JPG

Conveniently left out of your narrative is the fact that Clinton won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. The majority of Americans preferred for her to be President, not Trump.   Your prettily-colored map looks perhaps convincing to the gullible with all those vast, empty counties in the flyover states painted bright red but, in reality, America has a President the majority of the voters did not want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1