Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

14 hours ago, polpott said:

Several girls have told me that they will sit out the 2 weeks but if it gets extended, they're off.

I think they are wasting their time.... more closures are pending and these girls could have been home for Songkran. We are now seeing new infection numbers that dwarf the prior 2 waves.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, polpott said:

You've completely missed my point. Its not about what we know or think, its about what the girls think and I can assure you that they are far more afraid of Covid than STDs.

That view seems strange as the chances of getting Covid in Thailand are at least 2,000 to one and the chances of dying 1 million to one. The risk to a young healthy girl is probably even less than that.

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That view seems strange as the chances of getting Covid in Thailand are at least 2,000 to one and the chances of dying 1 million to one. The risk to a young healthy girl is probably even less than that.

A few points.... who can be in a Thai lady's mind?....And far too many of the bargirls are not particularly 'young healthy girls'..... 

As to small chances... well the chance of them getting shot is probably very small too, but doesn't mean they want to stand around being shot at.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swissie said:

Hate to say it, but my original opinion, that by this fall  "things would be back to normal" I can no longer uphold.

Why not? Except for the UK/US, the vaccination efforts in the rest of the world are so dissapointingly slow, that (in the best of cases), some sort of meaningful international Tourism will have to wait until next year. This only, if the Virus isn't mutating into a form of vaccination-resistent form, well understood.

In such a case, the question of "Is the closureof your favourite bar or rstaurant imminent" will be purely academic by 2022. Clearly, the places still open by this time will have been kept alive by "Creative Foreighn/Domestic" financial sources, to which a "Mom and Pop" Bar/Restaurant enterprise will have no access to.

The "newPattaya". Wonder how this will turn out and how much Tourists will like "the new Pattaya". 

You have now discovered what the rest of the world has known for some time.

If Thailand can not / will not start a significant vaccination program by Q3 of 2021, then you can start to look at 2023 before tourists can return to Thailand.  (islands like Phuket and Samui aside if locals are vaccinated to 65%)

With that in mind, and getting the thread back on topic, here is the For Sale ad for Retox Bar.  One of the most popular sports bars in Central Pattaya, if not the most popular sports bar, pre covid. 

So, come 2022, does Retox pay the key money and continue to hold onto something to sell in the future, in the hope a buyer will emerge, or do they walk away, or perhaps change premises?

For the bars that have survived thus far, their next big decision will be whether to renew their lease in 2021 / 22, knowing there will still be no tourists coming here for a significant portion of time within their new lease period.   

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/1202180-one-of-pattaya-s-best-pubs-for-sale-326114

"Key money has been paid through till 2022.
• Tenure: Business Sale and Rent (Leasehold Premises). 3 years with option to renew (Rolling Lease)"

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think they are wasting their time.... more closures are pending and these girls could have been home for Songkran. We are now seeing new infection numbers that dwarf the prior 2 waves.

They are heading towards another full lock down.  Only question will be when, and for how long.  Eg.  1, 2, or 3 months.  

Edited by Leaver

Sugar Baby A Go Go  on April 5th from 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M..
Queen Club Agogo bar Soi LK Metro Pattaya on April 1st to April 9th from 6:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M..
Trench Town Bar in Soi Buakhao on April 1st to April 9th from 7:00 P.M. to midnight.
Khun Bee fresh rice noodle (near Mueang 11 School) on April 4th from 1:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M..
Chef Mookata buffet main branch Kom Tee Din on April 7th from 8:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M..
Lust Bar On Soi 6 Soi Pattaya 6 April 9th from 4:30 P.M. to 8:50 P.M..
Pin Up a Gogo Pattaya on Pattaya Walking Street on April 9th during the working hours of the Gogo period.
Grillicious by Beirut at Terminal 21 on North Pattaya Road on April 9th from 11:00 A.M. to midday.
Moo Pla Ra Ratchadamnern Pattaya branch on Phon Prapa Nimit Road on April 10th from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M..
A La Turca at Central Festival Pattaya Beach on April 10th from 11:00 A.M. to midday.
Ban buffet BBQ Pattaya on Pattaya Third Road on April 11th from 9:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M..
Chong Lom Temple in Naklua on April 12th from 10:00 A.M. to midday.
Hooters Pattaya on Pattaya Beach Road on April 12th from 3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M..

172381704_2011097052375448_877910855640498829_n.jpg.f14886b517a4f542547b902c861c1159.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I would say more than one superspreader, there would be multiple superspreaders.  

Pinups from opening to closing one of many. Also some listed as over a period of 8 or so days (April 1st to April 9th from 6:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M..) Grief.... 

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Sugar Baby A Go Go  on April 5th from 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M..
Queen Club Agogo bar Soi LK Metro Pattaya on April 1st to April 9th from 6:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M..
Trench Town Bar in Soi Buakhao on April 1st to April 9th from 7:00 P.M. to midnight.
Khun Bee fresh rice noodle (near Mueang 11 School) on April 4th from 1:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M..
Chef Mookata buffet main branch Kom Tee Din on April 7th from 8:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M..
Lust Bar On Soi 6 Soi Pattaya 6 April 9th from 4:30 P.M. to 8:50 P.M..
Pin Up a Gogo Pattaya on Pattaya Walking Street on April 9th during the working hours of the Gogo period.
Grillicious by Beirut at Terminal 21 on North Pattaya Road on April 9th from 11:00 A.M. to midday.
Moo Pla Ra Ratchadamnern Pattaya branch on Phon Prapa Nimit Road on April 10th from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M..
A La Turca at Central Festival Pattaya Beach on April 10th from 11:00 A.M. to midday.
Ban buffet BBQ Pattaya on Pattaya Third Road on April 11th from 9:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M..
Chong Lom Temple in Naklua on April 12th from 10:00 A.M. to midday.
Hooters Pattaya on Pattaya Beach Road on April 12th from 3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M..

172381704_2011097052375448_877910855640498829_n.jpg.f14886b517a4f542547b902c861c1159.jpg

where is Sugar Baby agogo these days?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pinups from opening to closing one of many. Also some listed as over a period of 8 or so days (April 1st to April 9th from 6:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M..) Grief.... 

From opening to closing suggests it's a staff member, and the chances are it's a girl, not the DJ.  

She's in the change room with the other girls, she's up on stage with the other girls, she's all over customers who have bought her a drink, and possibly going for a short time here and there.  

This means most of the staff will have covid, and they would have passed it onto many customers, who then visit another establishment, and that doesn't take into account the small air conditioned space that gogo's are for the spectators, so this outbreak will just get bigger.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

So, for the past year you have been telling us that Pattaya has no customers, but now there are "many" ?

Incorrect.

For the past year there have been no TOURISTS.  The expats within Thailand are still customers, and quite a vulnerable demographic for covid.  

Just now, Leaver said:

Incorrect.

For the past year there have been no TOURISTS.  The expats within Thailand are still customers, and quite a vulnerable demographic for covid.  

True. During the 1st lockdown I self isolated for 2 months. I am now self isolating again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Incorrect.

Tourists/non tourists does it matter? everything but everything will soon be shut,  p.issed off to the back teeth with it all.Now the new variant UK /South African/Indian double dose version,yes all coming our way,nothing to stop it,not even the AZ vaccine

• Like 1

Whilst the current covid outbreak, and Thailand's poor vaccination program planning will no doubt cause future closures, getting back on topic, here's a bar on what has become the centre of Pattaya hospitality area.  

It would appear there's just not enough expats to keep what bars that are left, afloat.  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/established-bar-on-soi-buakhao-pattaya-for-sale-425344

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

first time wasn't a problem. Takeouts from local restaurants but got a bit stir crazy as the 2nd month progressed.

I think this time not so bad, ok the bars are closed I can live with that as long as I can get a beer

Just now, ChipButty said:

I think this time not so bad, ok the bars are closed I can live with that as long as I can get a beer

They've just announced that Phuket and Chonburi are now in red zones. No alcohol in restaurants. 7/11s closed 11pm-4am too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

They've just announced that Phuket and Chonburi are now in red zones. No alcohol in restaurants. 7/11s closed 11pm-4am too.

I saw the news, at least they are not closing down the tamboon's 

24 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Tourists/non tourists does it matter? everything but everything will soon be shut,  p.issed off to the back teeth with it all.Now the new variant UK /South African/Indian double dose version,yes all coming our way,nothing to stop it,not even the AZ vaccine

It was always heading in this direction.  What do you expect, when the Thai government does nothing?

Over the next few months, it's possible that we will see the establishments that have thus so far survived, permanently close, unless their Thai landlord really comes to the party with a completely new lease contract.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Whilst the current covid outbreak, and Thailand's poor vaccination program planning will no doubt cause future closures, getting back on topic, here's a bar on what has become the centre of Pattaya hospitality area.  

It would appear there's just not enough expats to keep what bars that are left, afloat.  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/established-bar-on-soi-buakhao-pattaya-for-sale-425344

That bar does ot look to be "on" any part of Soi Buakhao that I know. But it does look an interesting bar (apart from the gent sat outside). Anyone got a name for it.?