Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

2 minutes ago, rott said:

That bar does ot look to be "on" any part of Soi Buakhao that I know. But it does look an interesting bar (apart from the gent sat outside). Anyone got a name for it.? 

Nah,but some idiot with money has just lost 35000 smackers (if it has been sold)

Well guys I might not be the smartest person in the world but if anybody needs somebody to talk to Im all hears, dont be alone there is always someone to talk too, I know this is effecting people in different ways and mental health is a big issue.

Just recently a good friend I met up with I could see he was not right, come on mate we'll go to the bar have a few beers and talk some <deleted>, after a couple of days he seemed a lot better,

• Like 2

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

Very very likely.

But everyone is going to have catch the virus sometime anyway, so ..

its the age factor with ex pats,plus any other ailments attached to a long life  plus the cost of hospital care

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It was always heading in this direction.  What do you expect, when the Thai government does nothing?

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on today.

All I have heard for the past year, is how great the Thai Government had been in fighting the virus.

And each time, I said it was too early to state that.

• Like 1

Just now, ChipButty said:

Well guys I might not be the smartest person in the world but if anybody needs somebody to talk to Im all hears, dont be alone there is always someone to talk too, I know this is effecting people in different ways and mental health is a big issue.

*affecting

Very very likely.

But everyone is going to have catch the virus sometime anyway, so ..

I'll be getting my 2 shots before I return so no virus for me. Conspiracy theorists and amateur epidemiologists not welcome here thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Just recently a good friend I met up with I could see he was not right, come on mate we'll go to the bar have a few beers and talk some <deleted>, after a couple of days he seemed a lot better,

Thats kind of you,there are so many, so very many lonely ex pats here,why a social club/establishment has not opened?

• Like 2

By the time you return, two will not be enough.

And vaccines do not stop you getting the virus, they just lessen the symptoms.

AZ 89% effective at preventing infection. I did say, "Conspiracy theorists and amateur epidemiologists not welcome".

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Tourists/non tourists does it matter? everything but everything will soon be shut,  p.issed off to the back teeth with it all.Now the new variant UK /South African/Indian double dose version,yes all coming our way,nothing to stop it,not even the AZ vaccine

Yes I've just seen a huge list of Pattaya bars, gogos, golf clubs, everywhere with covid cases...... exponential growth imminent

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on today.

All I have heard for the past year, is how great the Thai Government had been in fighting the virus.

And each time, I said it was too early to state that.

The Thai government shut its borders, after other countries were shutting theirs.  

They did a lock down, same as other countries.

What they haven't done, compared to other countries, is buy or manufacture the vaccine, and until they do, and deploy it, there will be no tourism here, and the permanent closures will continue.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Containment is only half of the job.   Absolutely no plan at all for the end game.  

There were not only "leaky" international land borders, but also provincial borders. 

Recently, they announced shut downs, recognising there is a problem, yet allowed people to travel for Songkran.  Why the mixed messages?  What a crazy thing to do.

Anyway, what do they care?  It's a dictatorship masquerading as a democracy.  

They have billions of baht in reserve currencies and are still waiting for governments in the west to ‘donate’ vaccines to them .  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

They have billions of baht in reserve currencies and are still waiting for governments in the west to ‘donate’ vaccines to them .  

Yes, such a proud country.  

They will end up waiting for the west to donate tourists to them also.   ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, such a proud country.  

They will end up waiting for the west to donate tourists to them also.   ????

If they don’t get a grip of things countries will just put them on the no fly list. The longer the Thais wait the more chance different strains will develop . If  that happens (which it already is ) there will be no end in sight . 

Edited by chrisandsu
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

If they don’t get a grip of things countries will just put them on the no fly list. The longer the Thais wait the more chance different strains will develop . I’d that happens (which it already is ) there will be no end in sight . 

Been saying the same for months now, and Bangkok knows the situation, yet nothing from them.  It's a disgrace.  

As said before, covid will expose Thailand for the 3rd World country it really is.  Truly poor governance in one of the more wealthy South East Asian nations.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, polpott said:

True. During the 1st lockdown I self isolated for 2 months. I am now self isolating again.

So was I until I decided to go shopping yesterday..... and at the checkout some very dopey person (local) was really taking their time to collect their purchases..... I tried to hang back but another person was squeezing forward behind. Then the dopey one sneezed in my direction.....  Glad my Mrs is back  from the bird house Songkran visit, although heaven knows what she has brought with her... 

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So was I until I decided to go shopping yesterday..... and at the checkout some very dopey person (local) was really taking their time to collect their purchases..... I tried to hang back but another person was squeezing forward behind. Then the dopey one sneezed in my direction.....  Glad my Mrs is back  from the bird house Songkran visit, although heaven knows what she has brought with her... 

Dopey and sneezy............is there a Snow White in this tale??!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Checkout,..its when they attempt to pay by the app on phone that p.isses me off,waiting forever,to overcome it I dump the shopping and walk through,come back later

1 minute ago, izod10 said:

Checkout,..its when they attempt to pay by the app on phone that p.isses me off,waiting forever,to overcome it I dump the shopping and walk through,come back later

Yes, in the UK simply put my card near a scanner, beep...done. I did have to wait as this person used a card, then mess with putting the card away, and had no bag to put the purchases in. Distancing just isn't happening here. 

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Been saying the same for months now, and Bangkok knows the situation, yet nothing from them.  It's a disgrace.  

As said before, covid will expose Thailand for the 3rd World country it really is.  Truly poor governance in one of the more wealthy South East Asian nations.  

And now the cracks are showing,everything about it is poor, population in general could not give a toss,or are subdued to a point its pointless to query anything. Only tourism kept them up there ,screwing anybody and everything,not there anymore,never will be,so that leaves a fine mess

Plus side I feel things here are getting cheaper,even supermarket shopping,as for rents giveaway now,unlike back 'ome,frightened at the thought of trundling back after all these years,but Spain firmly in my sights ,if I can unload my mutts,but another story

No doubt get a good Thai woman looking after you,life is assured in old age,trouble is finding one

• Like 1

18 hours ago, polpott said:

I'll be getting my 2 shots before I return so no virus for me. Conspiracy theorists and amateur epidemiologists not welcome here thanks.

Suit your bleedin self then.