Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks. How's the bar doing now?

Owing to the recent COVID outbreak, The Authorities have mandated closure of the bars in Chonburi and elsewhere. Thread:

So, closed now. Very law-abiding, TQ. 

Edited by BigStar

On 4/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, BigStar said:

Owing to the recent COVID outbreak, The Authorities have mandated closure of the bars in Chonburi and elsewhere. Thread:

So, closed now. Very law-abiding, TQ. 

Another Gofundme on the horizon I assume

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Good to see Ewan McGlashan is back in town.

Has taken charge of Steak & Co. which might save it.

I hope you are correct but in the present climate it is tough.... cheap and cheerful is what works.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I hope you are correct but in the present climate it is tough.... cheap and cheerful is what works.

Yes cheap and cheerful is the winning formula but still people try charging falang price and crash and burn. Starbucks, McDonalds are good examples of that

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 6:23 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes cheap and cheerful is the winning formula but still people try charging falang price and crash and burn. Starbucks, McDonalds are good examples of that

I've had my usual double espresso in Starbucks for the past couple of weeks. Wasn't aware it had in fact crashed and burned.

11 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I've had my usual double espresso in Starbucks for the past couple of weeks. Wasn't aware it had in fact crashed and burned.

Yep, I'd never heard of McDonalds or Starbucks ever closing before, but for example we have Soi 13\1 and Soi 13\2 closed, plus others

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep, I'd never heard of McDonalds or Starbucks ever closing before, but for example we have Soi 13\1 and Soi 13\2 closed, plus others

When McDonalds or Starbucks or 7-11s close that's pretty much the end of the world.....Because they almost NEVER close......Covid knocked out both Burger King And McDonalds in the Centrals food court.......And what popped up there now?......What else but a Indian Restaurant....lol......That is of course ALWAYS empty......And no I am not joking....... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, redwood1 said:

How could anyone not be happy with this deal I don't get it....

Hate beetroot.... a nice soup to start and personally, like many older folks, I avoid sweet deserts. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, champers said:

The target market available now, retired Western expats, have mostly not had their pension incomes negatively impacted by Covid. I wish him well.

They will soon . With all the money that’s been printed in the west we are already seeing massive inflation and it’s going to get worse . If I was a pensioner I’d start thinking on what to do with money I have sitting in banks abroad as I fear the exchange rates could get much worse in the not too distant future . 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

They will soon . With all the money that’s been printed in the west we are already seeing massive inflation and it’s going to get worse . If I was a pensioner I’d start thinking on what to do with money I have sitting in banks abroad as I fear the exchange rates could get much worse in the not too distant future . 

Many non-state pensions, and some from the state, are index-linked so should not be impacted negatively by inflation. Investment options are a whole different matter.

With regard to Steak & Co, I am pleased to see them taking the initiative in challenging times and hope they succeed.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hate beetroot.... a nice soup to start and personally, like many older folks, I avoid sweet deserts. 

Vegetarians and vegans won't like the steak. Whatever is the owner thinking??? 

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

yeah 1% in UK, massive...

Lumber /fuel / housing . My house went up 25% in value in one year we are all living on printed money ! if we think we are going to come out of this smelling of roses then you are massively mistaken  ! Interest rates at an all time low and can’t get any lower , that’s a huge indicator of a struggling economy . The uks economy has been in the <deleted>ter for over a decade and I can’t see it ever recovering . So I wouldn’t use there as an example . 

2 hours ago, champers said:

Vegetarians and vegans won't like the steak. Whatever is the owner thinking??? 

Sarcasm, a low form of wit. Had I been a veggie, I doubt I would be interested in the special or that particular restaurant. With a choice of a soup starter, and maybe a cheese follower I would have been there. Are we not allowed to express comment anymore here unless it is low wit?

7 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

The uks economy has been in the <deleted>ter for over a decade and I can’t see it ever recovering . So I wouldn’t use there as an example . 

Thanks to US bankers (rhyming slang applicable).

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sarcasm, a low form of wit. Had I been a veggie, I doubt I would be interested in the special or that particular restaurant. With a choice of a soup starter, and maybe a cheese follower I would have been there. Are we not allowed to express comment anymore here unless it is low wit?

It is a fixed offer deal at a fixed price, a sampler so to speak. If you visited the place you could select to your preferences.

Apologies if I offended you, no offence intended.

Edited by champers