Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

33 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well HH beef stew use to be a bowl of beef stew.....Last time I was there the bowl was gone and the beef stew was poured over rice...I was kind of shocked....

Sure you didn't order the chili? 

I liked it with bread but would not want both!

3 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Anyway until they will know that chicken dishes should include chicken, I will never eat there again. They are not very cheap and they always use the minimum ingredients. Owner also is full of himself to the point that someone would have taught him a lesson back home... He never accepts the truth and always lie in his replies.

I've always found he puts loads of chicken in dishes, almost too much. Sunday roast is enough for 2, Chicken curry more than enough

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've always found he puts loads of chicken in dishes, almost too much. Sunday roast is enough for 2, Chicken curry more than enough

Lets know what bits are roasted will you? 

5 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

Never made it into Retox. It's hidden down some Soi in central area.

I guess there are 2 retox left.....Retox Game on and Retox Outback... But I expect Retox Outback will be closing......No way they can compete with Route 66 which is only blocks away.....Route 66 food is just to good...

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I guess there are 2 retox left.....Retox Game on and Retox Outback... But I expect Retox Outback will be closing......No way they can compete with Route 66 which is only blocks away.....Route 66 food is just to good...

I thought Retox Outback was no longer months ago and has reverted back to Outback Sports Bar in the hands of the original owner.

Edited by Ralf001

3 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

Things must be pretty bad if they are closing and not going out of business. Meaning they are still paying rent and not open.

Timing wise it  suggests that while the football season was running they were getting enough custom to cover both non-rental costs and contribute something to the rent or maybe even break-even.  Now that's finished they can't even cover the basic running costs.

I don't suppose the Euros will sway them to reopen with no alcohol and match timings.

I wonder how the Robin Hood is managing.

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I thought Retox Outback was no longer months ago and has reverted back to Outback in the hands of the original owner.

You could be right.....I never heard this info before.....I know the Outback sign is still up......Who ever owns it has rough competition with Route 66..

Edited by redwood1

2 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

You could be right.....I never heard this info before.....I know the Outback sign is still up......Who ever owns it has rough competition with Route 66..

Yeah its Called Outback Sports Bar and Restaurant, same as it was before Retox got involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Did it not just get raided for serving alcohol during the ban?

Sure I read that somewhere.

no idea to be honest, I vaguely recall there was a bar in the same soi that got done but the name escapes me... Kook moo bar or something I think.

19 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Outback is no longer part of the Retox group.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

do you know what was the reason for the big guy Simon to leave Thailand ? Anything related to the retox group ?

Is the Retox group even operating anymore?......They were looking for investors but I think Game-on was their last restaurant/bar , and now thats closed.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

Reported off topic posts removed.

This topic is about CLOSURES NOT OPENINGS.

WHen the time is right, and the situation starts to change, it may be very useful to have a seperate topic to let people know what is OPENING but this is not the topic to do it in.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, redwood1 said:

Is the Retox group even operating anymore?......They were looking for investors but I think Game-on was their last restaurant/bar , and now thats closed.....

As per an above post, Retox Game On announced a temporary closure, but declined not to announce a reopen date. 

The business is also for sale, and has key money due next year.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Has it closed?

All the bars, including this one, are closed at the moment in Pattaya

(Except few of them having a restaurant licence)

i walk everyday in front of this bar, the only difference with the other

bars in the same complex beside the police station is this one has

a very big white sign with ''business for sale'' with a telephone number

on it

Edited by kingofthemountain

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Good place for a sunset beer in these bars.

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/beach-bar-beach-road-pattaya-429985

That's a pretty good deal for that location and size. About 76k usd. You could draw people and freelancers in right of beach road.

Is it just a one time payment and that's it, or is there a monthly rent for the land as well? Or a lease that ends after a time where one would lose the investment should it not be renewed?

If the land is owned by a Thai would they require a seperate payment, or do they include it in the sale, but still own it on paper??

Edited by DerbyDan

32 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

You could draw people and freelancers in right of beach road.

You could but in fact you are not going to do it

even before covid. all these bars were dying

The only one with few customers reamining was the one at the soi 8 corner with the live music band inside (The musicians and singers were often really good)

This model of open beer bar was very popular in the 80'\90' with the western customers used to drink in a stadium or village fair ''buvette'' style in their country of origin

Since the begining of the century, and particularly in the last 10 years

they have seen their traditional customer base melts like snow in the sun (Mainly because of the old age\death of the former customers)

The new generations, younger and used to buy or rent their stuff on internet are not really intersted anymore to play connect 4 with an overweight  uneducated bargirl in her 40' simping an overpriced bad beer while listening at music from the 70' in a place with no aircon

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

freelancers in right of beach road.

I'm looking forward to beach road being good again, no need to pick up one in a bar when they are just standing on the street. Currently I recognise quite a few BR ladies on thaifriendly

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

You could but in fact you are not going to do it

even before covid. all these bars were dying

The only one with few customers reamining was the one at the soi 8 corner with the live music band inside (The musicians and singers were often really good)

This model of open beer bar was very popular in the 80'\90' with the western customers used to drink in a stadium or village fair ''buvette'' style in their country of origin

Since the begining of the century, and particularly in the last 10 years

they have seen their traditional customer base melts like snow in the sun (Mainly because of the old age\death of the former customers)

The new generations, younger and used to buy or rent their stuff on internet are not really intersted anymore to play connect 4 with an overweight  uneducated bargirl in her 40' simping an overpriced bad beer while listening at music from the 70' in a place with no aircon

where are the customers drinking/meeting at then, just regular bars?