Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This might be the new agogo they've been trying to sell for ages on 13\3 or 13\4, i doubt anyone will touch it

I think it is.  

If offering rent to buy doesn't attract a buyer, I suppose the next thing will be vendor finance, and if that fails, they may as well walk away.  

On 1/23/2022 at 5:35 AM, scubascuba3 said:

This might be the new agogo they've been trying to sell for ages on 13\3 or 13\4, i doubt anyone will touch it

I forgot to post the link.

That's the one you are talking about, and if you look at the photos in the ad, it appears to be the same one.  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-gogo-bar-amazing-new-takeover-offer-423287

Take Over now for 2.5 million baht or Move in Now for 1.38 million baht.  Which would you chose?  ????  

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I am sure he will be inundated with inquiries.  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/go-go-bar-for-sale-451800

With key money due, I'd say this one is finished.  

Crazy time to sell, bottom of the market, must be desperate. Not really a going concern until business up and running so it's basically just a building

19 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

So predictable, every time this thread falls off the first page you post some random bar for sale to bump it back up lol

btw, bars in Pattaya seem to be going great right now ????

I check in on the Baht Sold website every now and then.  Plenty of new businesses and buildings being advertised for sale on there every week.  I will occasionally post a link to one that I find interesting.   Feel free not to read.  

Do you think someone will buy this place?  If not, it will close.  

A lot of key money and leases are coming up.  Given there have been no profits for the last 2 years, will bars have the capital to pay in order to stay open?   

Yes, restaurants in Pattaya are doing well.  ????  

Have you been back to Triangle Bar since your tantrum?  ???? 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Have you been back to Triangle Bar since your tantrum?  ???? 

Yes I have as the only tantrum I had was on this forum about it. At the bar itself I was very pleasant and rolled with it, so they didn't even know there was an issue

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Yes I have as the only tantrum I had was on this forum about it. At the bar itself I was very pleasant and rolled with it, so they didn't even know there was an issue

So, you BS on this forum.  ????

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

So predictable, every time this thread falls off the first page you post some random bar for sale to bump it back up lol

btw, bars in Pattaya seem to be going great right now ????

Thank you. I wondered by what mechanism this outdated, inappropriate perpetuated....

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

No. Places seem to be opening up again. Like a Phoenix from the Ashes PATTAYA RISES..

I have never suggested for one moment Pattaya would fall in a hole, never to be seen again, but we have to be looking at something like 3 to 5 years to get back to pre covid Pattaya, and some areas have already been demolished, like some beer bar complexes.  

The post covid Pattaya will simply not be the same as the pre covid Pattaya.  

Of course, one will always be able to get drunk and get laid here, but the size and scale of that scene, across Pattaya City, will take some years to rebuild.

Soi Baukhao and Tree Town is a great start, but it's  long way from pre covid. 

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Crazy time to sell, bottom of the market, must be desperate. Not really a going concern until business up and running so it's basically just a building

And on that slightly riskier side and area of Walking St......the 101 businesses. If the desire to open up the view to the sea is pursued, something has to go. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And on that slightly riskier side and area of Walking St......the 101 businesses. If the desire to open up the view to the sea is pursued, something has to go. 

Crazy to pursue that though, if they want a sea view use the area past walking st bali hai area. That Airline agogo hasn't been good for years no one mentioned it. One of the best agogo setups is Baccara, same side, girl get on stage at the back and shuffles to the front so constantly moving, problem with it is they were living on past reputation

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

I have never suggested for one moment Pattaya would fall in a hole, never to be seen again, but we have to be looking at something like 3 to 5 years to get back to pre covid Pattaya, and some areas have already been demolished, like some beer bar complexes.  

The post covid Pattaya will simply not be the same as the pre covid Pattaya.  

Of course, one will always be able to get drunk and get laid here, but the size and scale of that scene, across Pattaya City, will take some years to rebuild.

Soi Baukhao and Tree Town is a great start, but it's  long way from pre covid. 

" The post covid Pattaya will simply not be the same as the pre-covid Pattaya " - Great, let's hope so because a better matching of supply to demand will produce a more sustainable enjoyable experience and environment overall,  rather than blindly aiming for a return to a mirror image of the immediately pre covid situation.  Demolishing past their sell by date beer bar complexes that had long since failed to attract customers is a good start. 

Seems like you've caught the TAT numbers game obsession.

Edited by kinyara
Addtion

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

New businesses already opening on that side of Walking Street ????

1241068571_BanlayHomeCaf(1).jpg.7c3df4cff85f5985936859220232836b.jpg

763647816_BanlayHomeCaf(5).jpg.6821f005734e9b5f833b455e83ab0cd6.jpg

2 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

New businesses already opening on that side of Walking Street 

Looks lovely.. so the 101 get a reprieve and that lovely drawing we saw of the neo Walking St gets crumpled up and thrown away I expect!

13 hours ago, Pheat123 said:

I am in Pattaya and bars are absolutely rammed with customers spending plenty of cash and enjoying the ladies 

How are you finding the prices? Comments I get are some places are charging a lot now. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How are you finding the prices? Comments I get are some places are charging a lot now. 

Of the places I've been in The Windmill stands out as a rip-off, 60 baht test to get in and 170 baht for a bottle of beer. Pretty sure Le Pub has increased its prices, 90 baht for a beer. I suspect the Pattaya Beer Garden will be reprinting their menus ahead of re-opening.  

Edited by kinyara
Spelling error
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 2:07 PM, kinyara said:

" The post covid Pattaya will simply not be the same as the pre-covid Pattaya " - Great, let's hope so because a better matching of supply to demand will produce a more sustainable enjoyable experience and environment overall,  rather than blindly aiming for a return to a mirror image of the immediately pre covid situation. 

I agree, but that will leave many vacant premises around town, and that's not a good look.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:07 PM, kinyara said:

Demolishing past their sell by date beer bar complexes that had long since failed to attract customers is a good start. 

They were dying pre covid.  Covid just accelerated the process.  

• Like 1