Postages For Out-going Airmail Increased?

Pujun

Last time I send some small packets from Bangkok to UK back in 2005,

each item weight around 120 - 140 grams, and cost me for about 9x baht + 20 something baht for registered mail.

Just now I back to Bangkok and send the same thing to overseas, it cost me 127 baht + 55 baht for registered !!

what happens to Thailand Post??

Now, the postages here already exceeds many other Asian countries like Singapore and Hong Kong.

How about the service? Have Thailand Post meet the International Standard yet? (I mean reliable service and zero mail theft ?)

Yeah, both sets of my grandparents have the same issues. "When I was young... you could get a big bowl of noodles for 50 satang!" (while at the same time indicating a bowl roughly the size of of the Wimbledon lady's trophy/saucer). Prices generally go up or something, I think.

:o

I really needed to send two A4 pages to the USA today, and decided EMS was the only way to go. I expected to 550 baht, which is high, and the price we paid several months ago. Today, it was 953 baht!

CORRECTION: one day later, the lady who supervises the little girl at the licensed postal agency calls me, just now, to say they overcharged! Very apologetic in broken English, says EMS should only cost 603 baht. She'll pay me back the overcharge of 350 baht, gladly. There is a God, Thais usually are honest, and while 603 ain't cheap, it's a lot better than 953 baht.