UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Reciprocal agreements. All EU countries are in it, if Turkey joins the EU you are OK there too.

I understand your misunderstanding on Turkey joining the EU, after all Alexander Boris (man of the people) De Pfeffl Johnson has batted for both teams in that issue.

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Reciprocal agreements. All EU countries are in it, if Turkey joins the EU you are OK there too.

I'm not sure. I can understand that a Brit in Spain can get free health care and a Spaniard in the UK can get free healthcare in the UK under a reciprocal agreement but what's reciprocal about us getting an anual pension increase from our government. Spain has no part in that.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm not sure. I can understand that a Brit in Spain can get free health care and a Spaniard in the UK can get free healthcare in the UK under a reciprocal agreement but what's reciprocal about us getting an anual pension increase from our government. Spain has no part in that.

Probably just all bumph stuff, Brits cannot get pension increases in Australia or Canada either, yet our countries are linked, but you can get it in the USA and a few other countries.

My English aunt was married to a USA bloke, they moved to the UK as a posting with his job, he paid UK NI for a number of years. They moved back to the USA, when he retired he got a % of a UK pension which was topped up till the day he passed on..

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

And there you have it, the truth behind johnson’s bs. 

Those who claim to have lived in the UK will simply have to prove it via proof of identity and residence in the normal, usual way. An easy solution to project fear BS.

12 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Good. How people can complain in a forum within Thailand that people have to prove their worth to stay here, why the complaints. The UK has long been a soft touch for others to stay, get work when its own citizens can't bring their family and loved ones into the UK on similar terms.

I agree with Boris. long overdue. No doubt the liberal lefties will be up in arms. How dare the Government put UK people first.

Yes an Indian with an aunt resident in the UK has more right to live in the UK than my foreign wife.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Those who claim to have lived in the UK will simply have to prove it via proof of identity and residence in the normal, usual way. An easy solution to project fear BS.

Erm, read what I quoted...from the OP. 

Edited by Bluespunk

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Because the E.U. try to make all equal rights for the members , it  is a slow process still continuing , example give truckers from Poland same wages as Example Dutch German or French or any other  ,the  job not completed but that is one of the many projects from the union from which you are leaving  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

Brexit still has huge support.

Freedom of movement means you need a passport to travel to different countries. That won't stop. Freedom to set up home in a new country and expect work and benefits will. What is wrong with that?

If i want to work here in Thailand, i have to qualify, simple really. When i travel to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos within ASEAN i have to produce the correct paperwork to do so.

498 MP's voted to pass article 50, meaning they agreed to this if no deal could be agreed with the EU. They will not deal, so the option is to..................LEAVE

WHEN FINNALY ?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, david555 said:

Because the E.U. try to make all equal rights for the members , it  is a slow process still continuing , example give truckers from Poland same wages as Example Dutch German or French or any other  ,the  job not completed but that is one of the many projects from the union from which you are leaving  

There has never been a plan for EU Universal wage. On the contrary. The EU drove UK wages down and that is why it was so unpopular in the UK, many wages were undercut by eastern European workers who remitted their wages back home which were sufficient to meet their needs in a cheaper economy but insufficient to support British Workers in the UK. It is very easy for a foreigner to set up a business in the UK but in France all but impossible.  There was never parity of economic opportunity for workers. The Brits were always at a disadvatage to the conniving French, the third world eastern europeans and the backward Germans who dont even have proper opening hours for shopping. Portugal,  Spain and Greece are economic basket cases. Italy corrupt to the core and Ireland floods Britain with thousands of immigrants who were given permanent residence and citizenship. I have worked in numerous countries but never given permanent residence or citizenship.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Freedom of movement means you need a passport to travel to different countries. That won't stop. Freedom to set up home in a new country and expect work and benefits will. What is wrong with that?

If i want to work here in Thailand, i have to qualify, simple really. When i travel to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos within ASEAN i have to produce the correct paperwork to do so.

498 MP's voted to pass article 50, meaning they agreed to this if no deal could be agreed with the EU. They will not deal, so the option is to..................LEAVE

Is that what freedom of movement means" So it has nothing to do with labor issues at all in the EU?  It's just about travel? Movement is just as free currently between the UK and Thailand as it is between the UK and France? Really?

How do you come up with this stuff?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

There has never been a plan for Universal wage. That is The EU was so unpopular in the UK, many wages were undercut by eastern European workers who remitted their wages back home which were sufficient to meet their needs in a cheaper economy but insufficient to support British Workers in the UK.

Would the reason for that maybe be , that U.K. habit  "1 foot in and 1 foot out the E.U. policy" in combination with never like to agree or integrate as common practice...? Just like a gluing handbrake ..

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

They're getting their own back. The 7.7.05 bombings were the work of Pakistanis Muslims and one of their co religionists carried out the Manchester Arena atrocity.

The Poles don't bring prosperity to British working men, they put 'em on benefits that the rest of us have to pay for, that's not prosperity.

I don't really see the great unemployed british masses flocking to the North where fruit growers are crying out for helping hands since the majority of Polish workers have left now....

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Becker said:

And when the GBP drops to 20 Baht I will say "som nam na" to all those flag waving Brexiteers who reside in Thailand. You asked for it and pretty soon you're gonna have to deal with the consequences unless the whole sh!t show is cancelled and sanity reimposed.

Do it.

You don't cancel democracy!

20 Baht !!   Project Fear at it's most pathetic.

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As in, democracy came to a shuddering halt on the morning of the referendum result, but let's accuse others of cancelling democracy. 

Stupid comment, you are better than that.

Just look how low you have stooped "democracy came to a shuddering halt on the morning of the referendum result".

If you believe that, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Do it.

You don't cancel democracy!

20 Baht !!   Project Fear at it's most pathetic.

We will see. If it happens I will have a drink and wear a wide smile thinking about all the brexiteers who can afford to eat nothing but somtam.

Oh, and if I were you I'd really try to enjoy possibly one of the last days you can afford to switch on the A/C.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Basil B said:

Only right for arrangements to be reciprocal.

Do you think I will feel sorry for any vote lever having to shell out nearly a hundred quid for a visa for every family member just for two weeks on the Costa del Sol??? ????

You really think the Spanish would jeapordise their tourist industry. How many Billions of Euros do the Millions of Brits spend each year in Spain...visas..it wont happen.

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Because it is true.... physical movement IS as easy.

Goods, services and capital are a different matter ..... but you know that.

Stop trolling...

Learn something:

Freedom of movement for workers in the European Union

The freedom of movement for workers is a policy chapter of the acquis communautaire of the European Union. The free movement of workers means that nationals of any member state of the European Union can take up an employment in another member state on the same conditions as the nationals of that particular member state. In particular, no discrimination based on nationality is allowed. It is part of the free movement of persons and one of the four economic freedoms: free movement of goods, services, labour and capital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Single_Market#Free_movement_of_capital

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

about time the uk took control of our borders,we,ve got enough ponces and dossers of our own without needing to import them refugees? aren,t [under the haig convention] they supposed to seek sanctuary in the first safe country they set foot in? the welfare rules are a lot stricter in other eu countries than the uks.when the uk do,es get out perhaps they can then get on with repatriating illegal immigrants,i do have a sense of compassion,but lets get our own house in order re <deleted> old age pensions,homelessness,people living in poverty.

I've got some bad news for you.

Brexit doesn't get the UK out of its international obligations wrt Refugees. 

If someone told you it does or that it will, you've been lied to. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As in, democracy came to a shuddering halt on the morning of the referendum result, but let's accuse others of cancelling democracy. 

how do you work that one out? cameron made it clear the government would honour the results of the democratic vote,the end of democracy will come if we don,t leave on 31st oct.as it is there seems to be an increasing swing to the extreme right throughout europe.