How to find how many years I've paid

Neeranam

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The slightest mistake in entering details will result in this error I took me a long time to find out I'm 2 years short????

I tried again, this time they asked for my passport number. Only 12 years short, which ain't bad, after just paying back 10 years for 1500 pounds. I read today in the newspaper that they are raising the age to 75. 

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I did but they can't confirm my identity,  there is a technical problem, it says.

Join the club. I gave up with it. 

Will try again on next home visit. But I'll ask offline ....at their head office , armed with a machete and a can of mace. Might work.

The Pension age might increase to 75 in 2035, according to that waste of space Ian Duncan-Smith.

I checked my contributions through the UK.gov. site. It does take a bit of time to set up, but it's straightforward once you do. 

I couldn't get a new driving licence issued though.

Wondered if they detected I was in Thailand.

Anyone got any ideas?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I tried again, this time they asked for my passport number. Only 12 years short, which ain't bad, after just paying back 10 years for 1500 pounds. I read today in the newspaper that they are raising the age to 75. 

10 years for 1500 pounds? You got a bargain!

I checked mine 2 days ago and they want 2,300 pounds off me to make up the 3 years I'm missing.

6 minutes ago, nahkit said:

10 years for 1500 pounds? You got a bargain!

I checked mine 2 days ago and they want 2,300 pounds off me to make up the 3 years I'm missing.

I asked about 7 years ago and they said I must pay class 3, but recently told me class 2, so I jumped at the chance, a good investment. This year, I paid 150 pounds.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I asked about 7 years ago and they said I must pay class 3, but recently told me class 2, so I jumped at the chance, a good investment. This year, I paid 150 pounds.

Class 3 is what they are quoting me. I worked out that it would take me about 3.5 years to get back the extra money paid, still trying to decide if I feel lucky or not.

2 hours ago, faraday said:

The Pension age might increase to 75 in 2035, according to that waste of space Ian Duncan-Smith.

I checked my contributions through the UK.gov. site. It does take a bit of time to set up, but it's straightforward once you do. 

Anyone got any ideas?

The idea that the government does not know exactly where you are is long gone. Everything is connected.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to a driving licence unless you are  a permanent resident . 

7 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

The idea that the government does not know exactly where you are is long gone. Everything is connected.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to a driving licence unless you are  a permanent resident . 

You are not supposed to keep one but many do - very long thread I think last year on this with arguments going back and forth quoting various gov. publications.

As to everything being connected someone still has to pull the information together. HMRC have my address in Thailand but this did not stop me from renewing with the DVLA.

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Anyone got any ideas?

I renewed mine online last year. You obviously need to quote a UK address. 

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They are not raising the age...A "think tanks" results were published last week. Any increase in age needs to be voted through parliament. The next increase is in 2028 to 67 years of age

I recently read an article on BBC news that  stated many  pension forecasts on the government Web site have given the wrong forecasts and when it comes to retirement age people are left with nothing or greatly reduced pensions. 

They advised calling the pensions forecast number to make sure, I did this many times but couldn't get through. 

54 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Don't tell them. Or is this too risky?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They will find out eventually and you will have to pay back any overpayments.  A friend of mine did just that and was caught out.  He was still paying back 50 quid a month till the day he died.

5 hours ago, nahkit said:

Class 3 is what they are quoting me. I worked out that it would take me about 3.5 years to get back the extra money paid, still trying to decide if I feel lucky or not.

It's a gamble. Personally, I'd by bitcoin with it, or stick out on the 3.30 at Doncaster.

I wonder why they changed mine from class 3 to class 2.

19 hours ago, faraday said:

Anyone got any ideas?

I got my UK one renewed by using my brother's address without any problem.

36 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I got my UK one renewed by using my brother's address without any problem.

Uh oh! ... now they know.

you just spilled the beans on yourself.  

Still; it's a scary thought, that the UK deals their Pension, using the mechanics similar to Retail Super! 

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

Uh oh! ... now they know.

you just spilled the beans on yourself.  

Still; it's a scary thought, that the UK deals their Pension, using the mechanics similar to Retail Super! 

Yup, Andrew'll be getting a knock on the door soon...????

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How did you manage to pay back 10 years? The maximum I could pay back was 6.

Archived