Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Is it time to bite the bullet and get out?

I have booked an appointment at Vientienne for a new tourist visa.

The point is it would be 3rd there this year with 1 from last year.

After reading recent posts here about Immigration clamping down on multiple tourist visas I am wondering

if I should just do a border run to get my last 30 day visa from there and then go back to my home country.

I am on  an OAP from there, but that is it financially. I have an 18 yo Thai son here who is basically dependent on me ,

<deleted>

It would be a big step for me to survive on my OAP, but if needs be so be it.

Just please keep your replies on topic as all assumptions and negatives will be ignored with disdain. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Muton said:

Can you not get a retirement visa?

Umm, he has Thai son. Think he could get non o based on that. Think cut off age for dependent is 20?

However op might have problems with other aspects. Certainly could not obtain non o based on retirement due to financials.

He is in difficult spot I'm afraid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

what country are you from?

returning may be best because if you don't have any savings living in SEA is going to be difficult the next 20 years.

Agree. Especially if the OP avatar 1948 is d.o.b then good age to return to home country if good medical care and services available. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Umm, he has Thai son. Think he could get non o based on that. Think cut off age for dependent is 20?

However op might have problems with other aspects. Certainly could not obtain non o based on retirement due to financials.

He is in difficult spot I'm afraid.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1114006-maximum-thai-child-age-to-get-a-visa-non-o-based-on-thai-child/

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

Thanks four your replies so far.

My financials for dependent child and retirement are insufficient for these.

Does Vientiane ask for financials; I don't think they do at Savannakhet.

https://thaivisavientiane.com/

In any event, a border hop should cover your requirements. I can't imagine that they would refuse you re-entry.

Edited by St George

30 minutes ago, rumak said:

YOU WORK YOUR SIDE OF THE STREET.......... AND i'LL WORK MINE  

Love this movie.....the first great car chase, all the others copy this one. And my favorite actor the ultra cool Steve McQueen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am concerned about what happens to the 18 year old son, if OP goes home, he said son is dependent, how will he survive?

What does his future hold while OAP goes home?

He's 18 not a baby, At 16 I was taking care of myself. This guy is looking for pity using his son.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, looplaw said:

He's 18 not a baby, At 16 I was taking care of myself. This guy is looking for pity using his son.

So the gentleman brings a child into the world,  then when it is no longer "convenient" for him, having made no forward plan just retreats to his home country deserting his child.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

The assumed manly way to take pain... from all the old cowboy movies before morphine... 

you bit the bullet or you bought the farm... like that. 

It’s normally biting a bullet along with  a shot of whiskey. I watched a lot of westerns as a kid.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, kenk24 said:

Just because it is not your version of logic, and you do not understand or recognize that there are cultural differences, does not mean it is not logical in the Thai framework of thinking. And we are in Thailand.. 

I find people here for the most part, much happier than people in my home country... which seems like a smart and logical way to live... 

Haven't you heard the saying "Ignorance is bliss"?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

So the gentleman brings a child into the world,  then when it is no longer "convenient" for him, having made no forward plan just retreats to his home country deserting his child.

Well,maybe you can lend him 400k,then he can get a Non-immigrant O Dependancy Visa with 1 year extension. He did mention he doesn't meet the financial requirements.

• Like 1